Combi rearscreen washer jet adjustment??

TGR

Is it possible to adjust the spread and/or direction of washer fluid to the rear screen on the combi?

At the moment the jet on my car sprays above and to the left of where the wiper sweeps and so is pretty ineffective at covering the rear screen. So you end up losing a lot of washer fluid for little effect. Quite annoying! 

Same issue on mine.... :(

The fronts are also shocking. Out of the 4 jets, only 2 hit the main area of the windscreen that you would expect them to!

9 hours ago, andyj2 said:

Same issue on mine.... :(

The fronts are also shocking. Out of the 4 jets, only 2 hit the main area of the windscreen that you would expect them to!

My passenger-side front washer jet sprayed over the top of the windscreen onto the roof, but I noticed that you can adjust the height of the spray nozzle by adjusting a small torx screw to the side of the nozzle, now it sprays perfectly. Shame I can't do the same on the rear window 

On my car the rear washer is hopeless when moving but it just about does the job when stationary.  I just have to remember to wash the window at the start/end of a journey.  It's a fan jet that covers one half of the rear screen - is that what others have?

1 hour ago, Coops said:

The rear spray is truly awful and of such poor design considering Skoda's attention to detail in other areas. One of the things i hated on my Superb.

its same on the rapid Space back and also the VW passat estate... however on the latter, the pump seems to be stronger...

Wonder if the pump can be switch out for an uprated version producing more pressure to push the water further across the screen ???

Don't think that'll work.  The jet is integrated into the rear light moulding - you can't just pull it out. Also says for Superb 2008-2016, so not the Mk3.

Maybe the drill bodge mentioned earlier might work, But I'm not willing to try that just yet myself!

Well

46 minutes ago, peter_k said:

I thought the  jet was an integral part of the brake light molding.  Please tell me I'm wrong and this is the solution.

I checked Workshop manual and it seems its like this (i'm not sure what it all means):
skoda-rear-nozzle.JPG.aec0af64755332f8a0a37eab672b3fb1.JPG

Based on above information, it seems that pulling out does work but after removing light first. But this nozzle may not fit... However its possible we can turn it around ? unless these "clips" are only top/bottom then there is not much we can.

Just picked up my L&K estate on Friday. Noticed this after just 10 miles on the clock on first use.

The "spray" is more of a drool that dribbles down the window on one side for the wiper to catch.  Will post pics and you-tube at the weekend. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if that's the same behaviour for them or if I have a blocked/broken rear washer nozzle.

50 minutes ago, darius said:

Just picked up my L&K estate on Friday. Noticed this after just 10 miles on the clock on first use.

The "spray" is more of a drool that dribbles down the window on one side for the wiper to catch.  Will post pics and you-tube at the weekend. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if that's the same behaviour for them or if I have a blocked/broken rear washer nozzle.

Exactly the same as my Sportline....... :(

Yep, it's kind of crap. I wrote about that even to Skoda....they don't care. You should contact them as well to change this crap.

Anyway, the original part number is 5G0955993

image.png.338c04f84640a1180af6b18e0c399b9a.pngimage.png.3a999aca88862fb69839c730f0f4eb18.png

Can't it be swapped by 5K0955993 (Golf)  ?

image.png.86b0f68432ec17ab290d6607b5f097c1.pngimage.png.baa373d20c53dfae8bbeca6908e0e0bf.png

I know you will say it's different, but look on the shape...it's not so different.

Unfortunately I can't compare it myself. Maybe it's a nonsense....

Edited by sharkys

• 3 years later...

mine spray fine now but were rubbish. like they hadn't been tested at all. I took a Stanley knife blade to the top of the opening increasing the angle of the opening. Don't take off to much at once though.

InkedSkoda Superb rear wash1.jpg

• Like 1