Edition questions

Englando

Picked our Karoq up yesterday. Edition 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG in Velvet Red with Cream interior, and so far, it's been brilliant. This thread started with mud flaps hence the post. We ordered the protection pack, well actually the dealer threw in the Protection Pack and Life Shine. We got the rear mudflaps but there's apparently a Europe wide shortage on front mudflaps. We got rubber mats for the front and the boot, but not the back as apparently, there's a Europe wide shortage of them as well. Obviously we got all the carpet mats as they were the standard, but rubber suits our rural location better. As Scuba Steve says, the Edition has LED everything. The mood lighting is really cool but, as you might expect, the boss has to pick the colour. Seems fair as it's supposed to be her car!! Not sure it's something I'd pick as an extra, but it comes as standard in the Edition. We had the virtual pedal which is my one regret. For the same money we could have had Heated Front Screen and Washer Nozzles together with remote operation of the child locks from the drivers seat (handy when we have the Grand Kids) and have money to spare. The Edition has an electric boot anyway which can be opened with a switch on the driver door or from the remote, so you really don't need the pedal, so an expensive lesson learned there. Ride on the 19" wheels is fine. I guess the big question is whether I'll ever learn to use all the tech that's now at my disposal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowdie said:

Picked our Karoq up yesterday. Edition 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG in Velvet Red with Cream interior, and so far, it's been brilliant. This thread started with mud flaps hence the post. We ordered the protection pack, well actually the dealer threw in the Protection Pack and Life Shine. We got the rear mudflaps but there's apparently a Europe wide shortage on front mudflaps. We got rubber mats for the front and the boot, but not the back as apparently, there's a Europe wide shortage of them as well. Obviously we got all the carpet mats as they were the standard, but rubber suits our rural location better. As Scuba Steve says, the Edition has LED everything. The mood lighting is really cool but, as you might expect, the boss has to pick the colour. Seems fair as it's supposed to be her car!! Not sure it's something I'd pick as an extra, but it comes as standard in the Edition. We had the virtual pedal which is my one regret. For the same money we could have had Heated Front Screen and Washer Nozzles together with remote operation of the child locks from the drivers seat (handy when we have the Grand Kids) and have money to spare. The Edition has an electric boot anyway which can be opened with a switch on the driver door or from the remote, so you really don't need the pedal, so an expensive lesson learned there. Ride on the 19" wheels is fine. I guess the big question is whether I'll ever learn to use all the tech that's now at my disposal.

congrats.

Spending £650 on Virtual pedal which doesn't do much other than assist, its a sensor and wiring loom. I specified instead adaptive cruise control, heated steering wheel and rear seats and family pack, i thought these were priced fair, ACC could of been cheaper but using it before i realise that it doe carry great benefit for long/repetitive journeys 

The only thing in my defense, we ordered on 9th October and assumed that they have made a mistake in the pricing and we would only pay £150 for the virtual pedal as it already has an electric boot.  By the time we discovered it wasn't a mistake and realised that Skoda UK actually wanted to rip us off, it was too late as the order had already been locked in. It has left us feeling bitter and although this is the 4th new Skoda we've purchased, it is likely to be the last as a result!

3 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

The only thing in my defense, we ordered on 9th October and assumed that they have made a mistake in the pricing and we would only pay £150 for the virtual pedal as it already has an electric boot.  By the time we discovered it wasn't a mistake and realised that Skoda UK actually wanted to rip us off, it was too late as the order had already been locked in. It has left us feeling bitter and although this is the 4th new Skoda we've purchased, it is likely to be the last as a result!

hardly a surprise, the Assistance pack till Jan 2018 was £1200 falt rate across all trims even that Edition already had most its functions, they only just revised it to make it more fair

i dont understand how business of this size cannot get the pricing strategy right from day 1

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the "Auto light assist including automatic high beam lights, auto dimming rear view mirror and light and rain assist." option (£200) adds on an Edition spec? Is it just the auto highbeam (turning off when there's an oncoming car) and having the lights come on with the wipers? You already have auto lights when it gets dark and auto dimming rear view mirror, so it seems a lot for a fairly minor feature.

Edited by cjrp

I'm thinking of getting the 1.5 TSI DSG Edition once I have my test drive this week, but does anyone know if, when adding the heated steering wheel option, I can choose it without the steering wheel gear-shift paddles? I've never used these and don't want them unless I have to.

28 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

I'm thinking of getting the 1.5 TSI DSG Edition once I have my test drive this week, but does anyone know if, when adding the heated steering wheel option, I can choose it without the steering wheel gear-shift paddles? I've never used these and don't want them unless I have to.

they come standard on DSG, they are so discreet that I could not see them when viewed the cabin, forum members had to convince me that they were present 

I can confirm that after two hours of testing. I found little to no difference in the 18 and 19 inch wheels.  So won’t be paying extra to have my wheels changed.  I can use the money saved to go towards new tyres! :-)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Madasaskaven said:

I can confirm that after two hours of testing. I found little to no difference in the 18 and 19 inch wheels.  So won’t be paying extra to have my wheels changed.  I can use the money saved to go towards new tyres! :-)

good call. did you test with 4x4 or 4x2?

14 hours ago, FabFabFabia said:

The 4x4 has better axle/suspension so the jury is still out about the SE L vs Edition comfort level on the same 4x2 setup.

The independent suspension is required to accomodate drive to the rear wheels moreso than to supply superior handling. Whether the handling-benefits of independent rear suspension compensate for the additional weight of 4x4 and the heavy diesel lump up-front will be an open debate. We may find that the lighter 1.0TSI, 1.5TSI and 1.6TDI FWD Karoq's with primative/simple rear-suspension ride and handle better than than their significantly heavier cousins.

There are many good reasons to spec 4x4. Ride-comfort is ususally not one of them because of the added transmission bulk, thunk and noise.

Edited by Orville

• 2 months later...

There seem to be a couple of posts here claiming that the Edition has all-LED rear lights.

All of the Edition models I've seen online have LED tail and brake lights, but the indicator and reverse lights are regular bulbs.

The same seems to apply to all models infact, SE, SE Technology, SE L and Edition all have the same rear lights.

There seems to be no discernible difference between 'low' and 'high' functionality (unlike other Skoda models) i.e. all models have the extra LED strip in the  tailgate clusters, despite what Skoda claim in their brochure, online configurator and pricing and specifications list.

Another Skoda UK complete fail?

I'm picking up my new 1.5 TSI DSG Editon in a couple of weeks. Can any Edition owners please confirm these details for me?

1. The Edition has the plastic protective wheel arch surrounds

2. When locking and unlocking the car there is an audible "beep"

3. The Speedometer and Tachometer "needle sweep" on startup (sweep round to max then return to zero)

4. Exterior door mirrors fold in when locking car from the outside.

5. Passenger exterior door mirror dips down when selecting reverse gear (to aid kerb visibility)

If it's a "no" for points 2 and 3 then I could try asking the dealer to activate these features using the VCDS software. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, FabFabFabia said:

I'm picking up my new 1.5 TSI DSG Editon in a couple of weeks. Can any Edition owners please confirm these details for me?

1. The Edition has the plastic protective wheel arch surrounds

2. When locking and unlocking the car there is an audible "beep"

3. The Speedometer and Tachometer "needle sweep" on startup (sweep round to max then return to zero)

4. Exterior door mirrors fold in when locking car from the outside.

5. Passenger exterior door mirror dips down when selecting reverse gear (to aid kerb visibility)

If it's a "no" for points 2 and 3 then I could try asking the dealer to activate these features using the VCDS software. Thanks!

got same car as you so

1 your model yes

2 no

3 no

4 yes

5 yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FabFabFabia said:

I very much doubt they will, as this will be classed as a modification. 

• 1 month later...

Dealer just called me to say my new Edition (due in 2 weeks) will not have the phone charger function as it's being removed from all Karoqs due to a technical issue. He says he will be reducing the cost of the car to me by £280. Not happy, but I guess I have no choice.

Edited by FabFabFabia

1 hour ago, FabFabFabia said:

Dealer just called me to say my new Edition (due in 2 weeks) will not have the phone charger function as it's being removed from all Karoqs due to a technical issue. He says he will be reducing the cost of the car to me by £280. Not happy, but I guess I have no choice.

Just £280?? I'm sure the phonebox/wireless charger is something like £550 to add on to lower spec cars!

Updated:

In fact I've just checked - my pricing & specification booklet (which was supplied by my dealer b4 ordering in Feb) states it's £458.33 exc. VAT, or RRP £550 inc. VAT. 

Edited by anna_banana

4 hours ago, anna_banana said:

Just £280?? I'm sure the phonebox/wireless charger is something like £550 to add on to lower spec cars!

Updated:

In fact I've just checked - my pricing & specification booklet (which was supplied by my dealer b4 ordering in Feb) states it's £458.33 exc. VAT, or RRP £550 inc. VAT. 

It comes as standard on my upcoming Edition so no need to add it (well it did anyway)  I guess my only choices are to take it or leave it, and I do still want the car.

Edited by FabFabFabia