Fabia vrs mk1 hel braided hoses don't fit?

hugh130

I went to fit my hel braided hoses this morning and when I came to it they didn't fit which was a shock as hel seem to be a trusted brand. 

These are the lines I got http://auto.helperformance.com/skoda-fabia-1-9-tdi-vrs-2003 

is anyone on here able to tell me how to fit them if I'm just being an idiot or if these are the correct ones or not?

Those in the picture look wrong to me. They should have banjo fittings on one end.

Like this...

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by TMB

Ah, my bad.

So we need to know what the ones he has are like then. They are probably the right ones.

Edited by TMB

I fitted braided lines to my car a few months back and took quite a few pictures as I meant to write up a guide although never got round to it!   Despite using Goodridge not Hel, I’m sure they’re similar and I’m sure I encountered the same issue as you did. ....If not then I’m sure it’ll help someone’s else out! :D

I found that the non banjo end, the union end I think it’s called, fits through a bracket on the car before screwing into the solid pipe. The bracket being where the issue lies! As seen below: (although the picture show once I had fitted the braided hose)

3BE69E41-94D4-4B87-B463-7B0DF8925DBC.thumb.jpeg.0150a0fc43e371914e36c24978ee7d25.jpeg

Looking at the original brake hose you’ll find a flat face on one side, and an almost castilated face on the other side, which allow it to fit through the bracket on the car. This I think stops the hose from twisting etc.

The union end of my Goodridge hose, was round, hence didn’t fit through that bracket.

Simple solution to this was to file a flat face on both sides to allow it through the bracket, mimicking the shape of the original brake hose. (See below for the cutouts on the original hose):

DF743D5B-EC9A-47B5-9F90-C9DDC33D84F7.thumb.jpeg.190dd1c6c16bd7f67b19a22c7b9e2350.jpeg

ABAF7A73-1C37-4FC2-9CC5-0A4CF6787163.thumb.jpeg.38146da672967da4188418b21e2a5cca.jpeg

And then one side my new braided one with the amended face (for example):

F964AACB-6004-4FB5-9541-6236F742367A.thumb.jpeg.b584a04c1445f4de7107e95e12a1fe1a.jpeg

That sorted the the issue for me! But as I say, you may have a completely different issue!

Good luck!!

Edited by Clarke2744