Lights - not a problem but puzeled

when i get in our nearly new fabia 1.2 tsi SE (2017) and turn the ignition on two minor front lights come on without turning the light switch on.

no lights come at the back unless the light switch is rotated on.

Anybody got any idea what all this is about please as don't understand why the car is set up in this way.

Edited by bollard

The lights that come on with the light switch off will be the DRL's. When the light switch is turn to an " on " position they should dim or go out and other lights will come on, start the car and look at the lights in every position on the light switch

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

DRL's ( Day Running Lights ) They are bright front lights to make people/other cars of your presence. They have to dim or go out when dipped headlights are used as they are too bright for night time use.

It's a saftey feature of Most new cars of today.  Some bed time reading for you.

Daytime_running_lamp

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

On my 2015 hatch the DRL's dim when the indicators are turned on giving other drivers a sporting chance of seeing where you are turning. In my opinion turning indicators are getting to small.  Joe

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JoePeddos said:

On my 2015 hatch the DRL's dim when the indicators are turned on giving other drivers a sporting chance of seeing where you are turning. In my opinion turning indicators are getting to small.  Joe

I agree, I think the Ford Kuga is the worst (or the new one at least) where the front indicator is down near the fog light, who is looking that low down for an indicator.

I think that some of that applies to rear/brake lighting now as well, looks being very important, being able to discriminate between braking and not braking not really relevant as you still know when you have hit the rear of the car in front?

11 hours ago, rum4mo said:

I think that some of that applies to rear/brake lighting now as well, looks being very important, being able to discriminate between braking and not braking not really relevant as you still know when you have hit the rear of the car in front?

I agree with you about rear lights. Pleased my SEL has radar on the front but that does not work if sensor is covered in snow probably pays to check its not covered before starting out if the snows bad Joe