Rear window getting dirty

kelper

Our late 2016 outdoor has had mudflaps from new,  so no 'before' to compare but it does get pretty filthy. I'd recomend bulk buying screenwash. We seem to go through gallons of the stuff in the winter time.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Expatman said:

It's the shape of the rear that "drags" the mess onto the back. Aerodynamics create a perfect vacuum to insure you will always have a dirty tail!

Yes, that's why I asked about a spoiler. :blush

24 minutes ago, kelper said:

I have not heard those that have fitted them say they make much difference.

• Like 1

It would have to be some spoiler to alter aerodynamics that much. It's not so much the air flow over the roof as the vertical rear.

Edited by Expatman

48 minutes ago, kelper said:

A member has fitted one of those little spoilers that SuperSkoda sells and found it made no difference. He also found they cracked and broke very easily.

And the rear wiper jet does not seem to be adjustable.

I have both the front and rear mud flaps and the rear spoiler and neither appear to reduce the amount of road spray which is just the design of the rear...ps the rear spoiler was fitted because I liked the look of them and I have never had a problem with cracks or breaking ,but I know quite a few members have had problems with rusty doors which I hoped the front mud flaps would reduce grit etc splattering the sides  but this appears to be a production flaw in the treatment of the doors.

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

So what is Skoda designers have to say? They blew it, they should fix it. Or at least suggest a working solution.

"They blew it," -  that's a strange thing to say, but they have sorted it, the replacement Karoq is more aerodynamic at the back for efficient airflow over the rear.
But most who have Yeti's prefer the more efficient use of inside space that the flat rear gives.
If it aint broke don't fix it.

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Sad555 said:

I have both the front and rear mud flaps and the rear spoiler and neither appear to reduce the amount of road spray which is just the design of the rear...ps the rear spoiler was fitted because I liked the look of them and I have never had a problem with cracks or breaking ,but I know quite a few members have had problems with rusty doors which I hoped the front mud flaps would reduce grit etc splattering the sides  but this appears to be a production flaw in the treatment of the doors.

Rust on the bottom trailing corner of the front doors is a given, its a Skoda, mine's showed it from 3 months, however on the subject of mudflaps, I do believe they help to reduce the amount of gravel/stone strike.

M

• Like 1

I found the rear mudflaps do make a difference, but not to the rear screen :biggrin:

I have seen a couple of Yeti with "astro-turf" full width mud flaps

I don’t see it as a major problem really,the back screen gets dirty like all hatchbacks ,there is a rear wash/wipe ,problem solved just live with it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

I don’t see it as a major problem really,the back screen gets dirty like all hatchbacks ,there is a rear wash/wipe ,problem solved just live with it.

Why?  The whole point of this forum is to share knowledge and solutions!  When the roads are bad and you want a clear view of traffic behind you, you can really get through litres of screenwash.  If you can't offer any useful info, why post? :biggrin: There are enough cynics in this world.

Edited by kelper

14 minutes ago, kelper said:

Why?  The whole point of this forum is to share knowledge and solutions!  When the roads are bad and you want a clear view of traffic behind you, you can really get through litres of screenwash.  If you can't offer any useful info, why post?

He did post, use the rear screen wash and wiper.
What is your solution come on share it, it's what this forum is for.

• Like 2

KELPER      This is a fact of life for these type of vehicles,the Yeti is now out of production so if you want a solution install a bigger screen wash container.ive already stated that I have both the mud flaps and spoiler and they don’t make much/any difference .perhaps if you posted the question before buying you would have received the same answers and would helped in you choice of vehicle,perhaps one with a boot.

Edited by Sad555
  • Like 1