Changes in MY2019

2 minutes ago, FelisBengalensis said:

Isn’t golf described as “a good walk, ruined”?

Back in WLTP, manufacturers do indeed now have to test with all of the options available.  I think they are only allowed to turn the BRW (or windscreen if fitted) and AC off as well as not going for as light a car as was allowed under the previous mess of loopholes!

Good to see that PHEV hybrids are also coming into the VED tax bands due to the test regime lasting longer than the batteries can provide ‘zero emissions’ for.  That was always a con.

As well as my last 18 hole walk shooting 74 managed 22,200 steps that day or 8.4 miles according to my fit watch. Drove zero miles that day so very eco-friendly .B)

9 minutes ago, xman said:

Read all ten and only Americans and lazy people (the same actually) use Golf carts. For proof watch Simon Cowell using a Golf cart to get from his dressing room to his chair to judge the NON-X FACTOR contestants. All that paint sniffing has clearly shortening your life expectancy if you expect to meet the GRIM REAPER anytime soon.:devil:

16 hours ago, xman said:

humour fail... :speechless:

but while we are speaking about boredom, when do you think superb MY2019 will start shipping? I say next Feb, just so we can get Christmas out of the way......:notme:

I received my my2019 superb diesel couple of weeks ago. Almost nothing changed for my trim level - there is the new VIEW button on the steering wheel, and I think the KESSY key should have the safety feature to stop transmitting when it's not moving. The new design of the ice scraper is not on mine, but the russian doc says it's delayed so that's normal.

• Thanks 1

On 28/09/2018 at 15:58, xman said:

Todays news is that there is no news today

Now into October and still no updates :sleepy:

My build week is now unconfirmed and is supposedly in 20 days from today..... seems like it's going backwards

On 01/10/2018 at 07:12, xpertbg said:

I received my my2019 superb diesel couple of weeks ago. Almost nothing changed for my trim level - there is the new VIEW button on the steering wheel, and I think the KESSY key should have the safety feature to stop transmitting when it's not moving. The new design of the ice scraper is not on mine, but the russian doc says it's delayed so that's normal.

Got mine on 29/09 and it does have the new ice scraper with tyre depth measurement. 

My finance deal finishes on June 2nd '19, I am hoping to get a new Superb, hopefully the hybrid, by then, so hope the new model range is announced early 2019!

Edited by philsmith

20 hours ago, philsmith said:

My finance deal finishes on June 2nd '19, I am hoping to get a new Superb, hopefully the hybrid, by then, so hope the new model range is announced early 2019!

Will be interesting to see if they go ahead with the hybrid at all after reading this:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180927/ANE/180929899/vw-bmw-mercedes-porsche-stop-plug-in-hybrid-sales-on-new-wltp

• Like 1

I have read that the Superb will have a bigger battery than the Passat, so maybe Skoda are already on top of this.

19 minutes ago, philsmith said:

I have read that the Superb will have a bigger battery than the Passat, so maybe Skoda are already on top of this.

Yeah I think I caught a photo of them delivering one to Skoda.

97965d5e1a90201a65a1ef0b17f2edf8.jpg.2ee8963fd1a3c4e8b24bb70850979855.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I read many things from the VW Group and all are about what is coming.  ID, EV's, Hybrids, New Battery Factories etc.

But then they need to get WLTP / RDE tested cars built and delivered now.

Deal with the investigations into many things including the Batteries they had in the likes of the E-Golf and Golf GTE.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.   

Get your sh!t together and do not control the world over population by killing more people than you need to.

Buy crap airbags & do not do recalls, but not Software and Batteries & charging components.   Test things more on Monkeys or Senior Management rather than on the general public.

VW's electric and hybrid cars contain a poisonous metal _ This is Money.mhtml

Edited by Offski