Delivery times

cjrp

Ordered Karoq SE-L, dsg td on 10th July. Johnson/Laurie, Liverpool called me with regular updates. Delivered to dealer last week, Just collected it this afternoon 21st September.  Smooth transaction all the way. Need to read the book, there's lots of stuff to learn. (rtfm as my old mate used to say). Heavy traffic on route from Liverpool to Wirral. Lots of traffic lights and hold ups. Stop-Start is new to me, bit unnerving at first but seems to work ok.

Very impressed, Ana at the dealership is a star.

On 21/09/2018 at 15:50, DaveWK said:

Ordered Karoq SE-L, dsg td on 10th July. Johnson/Laurie, Liverpool called me with regular updates. Delivered to dealer last week, Just collected it this afternoon 21st September.  Smooth transaction all the way. Need to read the book, there's lots of stuff to learn. (rtfm as my old mate used to say). Heavy traffic on route from Liverpool to Wirral. Lots of traffic lights and hold ups. Stop-Start is new to me, bit unnerving at first but seems to work ok.

Very impressed, Ana at the dealership is a star.

Did you have any extras? I placed an order on the 2nd of June and was given an unconfirmed build week 39 (this week) but it looks like there will be more delays. No one can tell me exactly why though. 

Yeah, I think it's going to be a while yet for the SE L 1.5 TSI DSG which is what I have. Everything is currently in lockdown because of WLTP so no cars with that spec are being released to the dealers at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, IceyLady said:

Yeah, I think it's going to be a while yet for the SE L 1.5 TSI DSG which is what I have. Everything is currently in lockdown because of WLTP so no cars with that spec are being released to the dealers at the moment. 

Plus I added the option of digital dash....so think I've got bit of a wait!:sleepy:

we ordered on the 3rd August and i contacted skoda and they told me to contact them again mid october and they might have a provisional build date  

Dealer quoted December for delivery at time of ordering and is now saying it could be as late as march. 

19 minutes ago, lauryloo said:

we ordered on the 3rd August and i contacted skoda and they told me to contact them again mid october and they might have a provisional build date  

Dealer quoted December for delivery at time of ordering and is now saying it could be as late as march. 

I'll be happy if it arrives anytime before my mot is due Jan 10 2019:D

I have today received an email from the dealer to say that my car is in the UK and should be ready to collect by mid October.  Mine is 1.5DSG SEL in Candy White with spare wheel, assistance pack, and auto light assist added.  I don't think anyone is going to be envious of the delivery time - it was ordered on 24 February - 7 months ago.  I was beginning to think that it was going to set a UK record for delay. It will still be almost 8 months from order to delivery assuming the dealer is right.  It should ensure that I do not have to MoT my current car.

Thats good news Ted. This is the 1st MY19  1.5TSI DSG to arrive in GB and reported here. Mine was ordered 2 weeks after yours (with a very similar spec and add ons and I suspect still parked on an airfield in CZ so I might be able to beat your record yet!

I hope you enjoy it after all this time waiting

MY 1.5 DSG in Candy white with a few extras is built and en route. Hopefully now on a boat to Grimsby/Immingham

Ordered May 22

My Yeti was due service, tax and MOT next week so I have sold it via Tootle. 

We are using my wife’s fairly new Polo DSG and being retired it’s not a problem. To be honest it’s really nice driving a petrol after 15 years of diesels. 

My 1st build date promise was May22nd !!  from March 9th. The question is why has it taken my almost identical car a further 3 months to be delivered  over yours ?

Long delay for some purchasers from ordering, to build, to delivery is a mystery. I ordered Karoq SE-L td, dsg on 10th July. Picked it up last Friday 21st September. Was in dealer several days before that.

No complaints. I expected to have to wait another month. Sales lady couldn’t explain the delay for others.

23 hours ago, lauryloo said:

Ordered mine at the same time. No update on date from dealer other than they are trying to get one earlier that is in the system and were we bothered as to colour. Thinking of doing what others have done on the Motability forum and cancelling and going for something that can actually be delivered in a reasonable time. 

Normal or average does not apply this year, this Autumn / Winter.

There are WLTP approved vehicles being delivered into the UK, or built in the UK from some manufacturers, so only the Importer or dealers have a clue how long vehicles are taking from ordering to ready for handover, there are even ones with no idea and they are just saying the same as they might have last September or the one before.

38 minutes ago, Offski said:

Normal or average does not apply this year, this Autumn / Winter.

There are WLTP approved vehicles being delivered into the UK, or built in the UK from some manufacturers, so only the Importer or dealers have a clue how long vehicles are taking from ordering to ready for handover, there are even ones with no idea and they are just saying the same as they might have last September or the one before.

I think the part they have 'no idea' applys more often than not at this present time!

I have spoken to Skoda Live Chat this afternoon, the unconfirmed build date is still Week 43 for my 2.0 Edition manual.  I asked  if the model had been through the WLTP process yet as all indications through the current price list etc is that it hasn’t been completed, I was informed that the process is in progress and should be completed by my unconfirmed build date!  

I am not overly hopeful but time will tell!!!!     The order was placed end of July. 

On 25/09/2018 at 22:34, DaveWK said:

Long delay for some purchasers from ordering, to build, to delivery is a mystery. I ordered Karoq SE-L td, dsg on 10th July. Picked it up last Friday 21st September. Was in dealer several days before that.

No complaints. I expected to have to wait another month. Sales lady couldn’t explain the delay for others.

Hi Dave. Bluesman from the Wirral here! Lucky you getting your car already! I am still waiting for an update on my 1.5TSI SEL DSG! According to Skoda UK although the build isn’t complete yet, they say it’s still on schedule to be deliver at the end of next month, I am not so optimistic! Hope you’re happy with yours?

Delighted with car.  12 miles  on the clock at the dealer).  Have added 140, mostly highway.

Showing average 48mpg. Expect that to improve as it loosens up. I tend to drive for economy, the eco display giving me a score of 82 so far. 

Seventh gear at 59mph shows about 1,700 rpm.  ( I keep just ahead of the trucks) = about 35mph per 1000rpm. Thought my Citroen C5 was long legged at 33 mph per 1000 rpm. Fuelled at Costco, Chester and stopped filling when it cut off. Will do the same each fill up in future to prove accurate mpg.

Just tried to activate Skoda Connect and it keeps showing unavailable which is a bit of a bummer.

However it did register  and informed me that it was a renewable 12 month contract. Something like the old Trafficmaster I guess.

I'll be putting the Citroen up for sale if anyone's interested. 2005 hdi 2litre Exclusive. 89,000 miles. I've owned it since December 2007. Cambelt and water pump at 60,000 -the book says do it at 100,000. Oil changes and filter usually at 5,000 miles. MoT till November but I'll get it tested before sale. £1,100.