Delivery times

cjrp

20 minutes ago, Michael G said:

They've still got tomorrow to start I suppose.

I can't understand why every other brand within VAG has tracking, but not Skoda.

Skoda do but only certain dealerships do it. My car is coming from Vision Skoda and I've been able to track it all the way. It's a shame other dealerships don't do it also. 

I ordered my Karoq SE-L 2.0TDI DSG  10th Jan and it is in build next week BW11 with delivery expected mid April. This is almost exactly to the schedule that I was told on ordering and I have been given updates every 2 weeks from the dealer. At one point the build week went out by 2 months but by the next week it was back again to the original schedule so cant complain. This was Beadles Skoda in Maidstone and so far I can fault their communication. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from now on as my Octavia scout goes back on 20th April and I need my new car to tow the caravan....

On 03/03/2018 at 19:03, Janner74 said:

Skoda do but only certain dealerships do it. My car is coming from Vision Skoda and I've been able to track it all the way. It's a shame other dealerships don't do it also. 

I think I'd read that some dealers had knocked up website(s) taking a tracking/update feed from SUK. If Skoda did what every other brand in VAG do, the dealers wouldn't need to.

But fairplay to them for their pro-activity.

36 minutes ago, Davec83 said:

I ordered my Karoq SE-L 2.0TDI DSG  10th Jan and it is in build next week BW11 with delivery expected mid April. This is almost exactly to the schedule that I was told on ordering and I have been given updates every 2 weeks from the dealer. At one point the build week went out by 2 months but by the next week it was back again to the original schedule so cant complain. This was Beadles Skoda in Maidstone and so far I can fault their communication. Hopefully it all goes smoothly from now on as my Octavia scout goes back on 20th April and I need my new car to tow the caravan....

Umm. Our car was ordered 22nd Jan and had confirmed BW9 (last week). Just waiting for a dealer update. Ours is 1.0 SE DSG with just a couple of extras.

Just had an update from the dealer my 1.5 Edition has just arrived at the UK dock compound and should be ready for me in 10 days.  That will be 10 weeks from ordering, seem to remember the build week was week 6 or week 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davec83 said:

We ordered a 1.5tsi edition on Jan 13th with build week 8, car on it's way to UK now, wonder how the build weeks work as you ordered before me.....

Why do the cars have to go to Germany for quality control first?

Surely they should do that at the factory.

Mine will be coming through the port at Grimsby apparently. Seems strange when the dealer is in Surrey.

1 hour ago, Nicky_P said:

We ordered a 1.5tsi edition on Jan 13th with build week 8, car on it's way to UK now, wonder how the build weeks work as you ordered before me.....

I reckon they do the weeks in batches by car model possibly to make the supply chain more efficient?  I'm the same as you, I ordered 1.5 Edition on 7th Jan and also got wk8.  Not heard from my dealer since before the storm, but they said it could be on a boat today. 

17 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Why do the cars have to go to Germany for quality control first?

I didn't think it was for QC, just convenient logistics; train to Emden, where all of the other VW group cars also end up, then they all get shipped over here together. 

3 hours ago, Davec83 said:

Thats odd, I ordered my Karoq Edition on 25 Jan and also got BW11.  :dry:

We've just had a call to say our car and four others have gone missing somewhere in the system :wall:

Last we heard it was waiting for the train to Emden so God knows if it made it or not.

Should find out more in the next day or so....

There must be some jigging around on the line, as we had confirmed BW9 (last week) but the order date was only 22nd Jan.

Just waiting on a dealer update now.

I have had contact with Skoda UK, my car is supposedly at the end of the build line having the final checks done, (was originally down for bw9).I did order mine on the 13th Jan. 

I have spoken to a friend of mine that works for VAG and build weeks are based on specification and can vary up to 4 weeks depending on what you order. Certain colours are more popular so it depends on where the backlog happens in the factory. They will slot everything together based on order projections and "batch build" to keep it flowing. For example if they have 3 times as many manual boxes in stock they will push them through earlier weeks to balance out the manual/DSG stock levels. 

Edited by Davec83

1 minute ago, Davec83 said:

I have spoken to a friend of mine that works for VAG and build weeks are based in specification and can vary up to 4 weeks depending on what you order. Certain colours are more popular so it depends on where the backlog happens in the factory. They will slot everything together based on order projections and "batch build" to keep it flowing. For example if they have 3 times as many manual boxes in stock they will push them through earlier weeks to balance out the manual/DSG stock levels. 

That certainly sounds logical and would explain different lengths of time between order and build dates.

Thanks for that.

Got this today:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Mr G

Good news your car has now been built and going to Status 30.

30 means transit from factory.

If you have any questions please ask.

Sales Executive

To me that sounds like built but waiting for transport to Germany.

Still hoping for early April :D

16 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Got this today:

Good morning Mr G

Good news your car has now been built and going to Status 30.

30 means transit from factory.

If you have any questions please ask.

Sales Executive

To me that sounds like built but waiting for transport to Germany.

Still hoping for early April :D

Hope you have better luck than me, mine vanished off the system at that stage and still hasn't been traced.....

• Sad 1

Mine is now built, on its way to the UK, but the system still shows bw9 status 10 because it’s been built at another factory the System has not been updated. 

Edited by Karman

I can’t complain about my dealer they have been great, they can only see what’s on the screen in front of them, it’s Skoda build that’s not doing their job.

Ordered my 2.0TDi 4x4 SE-L on 10/01/18 and was given initial build week of week 9. While flying away on holiday I got a voice mail from the dealer saying it was put back and the price had gone up! Decided to not bother about it until I got back to the UK last weekend.

I spoke to my dealer today, the build week has changed again, back to something more reasonable but I now have a confirmed build week of 13, delivery 15-20th April. The reason the price has gone up is that delivery has moved into April and first year VED has gone up by £300 odd pounds! :crying:

You signed an order with the dealer at a specific cost/deposit/repayment for an on the road vehicle didn’t you?

I’d argue they entered into a contract with you and (at the time) that Ved increase was already known (I ordered on the 15th Jan and it was factored in for an April delivery) and that it’s their error and they should be stomaching the increase as their errror. If I recall correctly the new rates were announced in the November budget!

Just got a reply from my dealer as after I saw everyone's comments on the forum, I asked for any updates regarding  expected delivery of my Quartz Grey,150TSI Edition (with a few extras) ordered on 7th January 2018, He informed me that after contacting Skoda he was informed it was to be completed by the end of the week and is expected delivery to their dealership at the end of March early April, so this is Just perfect as I'm due home in the UK on the 5th April. 

Every day is a day nearer me leaving my current job for good, and turning a page on my life where i can drive in comfort into a future change of career. B)

15 hours ago, boff180 said:

Had a phone call from my dealer today, my car has been bought forward a week to week 11.

:-)

It will be BEHIND mine then, as I'm on BW11 too.  :tongueout:

Hi all,

i was given a BW8 and the status for past one week is Build completed and awaiting delivery to the Port of Exit !!!!

It doesn't seem to move from here. Do just wondering if anyone from BW8 has a better update. When I asked them how long would it be from this stage they are saying could be up to 4 weeks.