Delivery times

cjrp

12 minutes ago, Nemutai said:

No Black 62 plate. 

Ah, makes more sense. I thought we'd been a bit sharpish turning in our 16 plate Yeti, never mind a last September :D

Not too long now for you?

On 25/05/2018 at 13:55, MichalB said:

And you urgent a dealer or not? its so fast..

I had a call from my dealer to say my car is in the UK - 1.5 DSG SE L compact spare wheel, boot virtual pedal - ordered middle of February. Hopefully that means I'll have it in the next couple of weeks. When I ordered they estimated the delivery would be the end of May, so it's not looking too bad, compared to what I've been reading on this forum. Mind you, I don't actually have the car in my drive :dull:

• Like 1

Ok, I had to get on here and report back a conversation I have just had with one of these 'customer service managers' you can be allocated to, to investigate your particular order.

Quick reminder - my car, ordered 10th March, BW 16, still awaiting rear seats (1.5 TSI DSG SE L).

Firstly, the person could give me no further information other that which I already knew.  I told her that there was a lot of anger on this forum about the seemingly illogical nature of how order fulfilment was being handled, e.g. for the same model/trim people with later build weeks having their cars shipped/delivered before earlier BW.  

I was told that Skoda do not take any notice of this forum as they cannot take at face value an individual's experience, it's only their word.  

Dumbfounded I asked her for clarification; was she really saying that Skoda did not believe what individuals were posting on here.  She repeated the above, the implication being that at best we're all deluded, at worst that we're lying!

I then went on to ask her why she couldn't give me a date for when the seat suppliers would be able to deliver the seats.  I was told they were working closely with the Skoda factory but couldnt get that information from them! Personally I cannot believe they couldn't easily garner this information and share it with their customers.  

Needless to say I turned down her offer to update regularly as I can't see that it will add any value.

Now....maybe the car magazine websites might be interested.......

Edited by northlondon43
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, northlondon43 said:

Ok, I had to get on here and report back a conversation I have just had with one of these 'customer service managers' you can be allocated to, to investigate your particular order.

Quick reminder - my car, ordered 10th March, BW 16, still awaiting rear seats (1.5 TSI DSG SE L).

Firstly, the person could give me no further information other that which I already knew.  I told her that there was a lot of anger on this forum about the seemingly illogical nature of how order fulfilment was being handled, e.g. for the same model/trim people with later build weeks having their cars shipped/delivered before earlier BW.  

I was told that Skoda do not take any notice of this forum as they cannot take at face value an individual's experience, it's only their word.  

Dumbfounded I asked her for clarification; was she really saying that Skoda did not believe what individuals were posting on here.  She repeated the above, the implication being that at best we're all deluded, at worst that we're lying!

I then went on to ask her why she couldn't give me a date for when the seat suppliers would be able to deliver the seats.  I was told they were working closely with the Skoda factory but couldnt get that information from them! Personally I cannot believe they couldn't easily garner this information and share it with their customers.  

Needless to say I turned down her offer to update regularly as I can't see that it will add any value.

Now....maybe the car magazine websites might be interested.......

You raise a very good point re car magazines. I can't understand how these types of topical stories ( customers frustration ) don't make it to publication! 

My 1st post but I have been following this thread with interest over the past few months since ordering a 1.5 DSG SEL with Heated Windscreen, Adaptive CC, and Tow Bar. Ordered on 7th March 2018

Delivery settled down to Week 21 which was last week. I head nothing since the 8th April so I emailed this morning with the following reply:

"Build weeks have been delayed on all 1.5 TSi engines. The demand for this variant is so strong that the vRS Octavia petrol production line is being converted to cope with the demand. This is due to motoring press reviews naming Karoq as the best SUV and the 1.5 TSi as the best engine variant.

Your order is now showing week 32 production. As the production line conversion is completed the weeks may come forward.

Unfortunately, the delay has been unforeseen and any issues can be taken up with Skoda Customer Services on 03330 037504."

I have now requested the order number but I would imagine that Skoda will not want to talk to a mere customer like me !!

I still look forward to receiving the car all but with the new registration !

11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

You raise a very good point re car magazines. I can't understand how these types of topical stories ( customers frustration ) don't make it to publication! 

Outrageous treatment.

Time to take it public. And/or contact the Skoda Marketing Director a Kirsten Stagg according to LinkedIn.

Amidst this manufacturing/delivery chaos remember they're spending a few £££million on the Paloma Faith advertising campaign.

They should have been listening to 'mere customers' yonks ago.

That said (again) I was one of the fortunate ones and at the risk of seeming to gloat (I'm really not) the car is worth waiting for.

I have read many times that the car is worth waiting for. Well I’ve been waiting since January which when you consider that others have received their similar spec cars already, despite ordering much later is appalling service. When I have gone out for a meal and the service is bad, it’s not the great plate of food that is memorable- it’s the bad service! So no matter how brilliant the Karoq might be it will not erase this very unpleasant and stressful experience - Skoda (if it ever arrives), will be the 1st and last!

When I placed my order on 27th February I was told by the dealer that the lead time was 16 to 20 weeks.  My car is now built and on its way to Emden, so I should take delivery within that timescale.

If your dealer gave a shorter time period blame them not Skoda.  Any research will show you that the lead time for most new cars worth having is at least 16 weeks.  

When I asked about a Yeti back in 2009 I was told it would take 9 months so I bought an Octavia, that took 12 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coburg said:

I have read many times that the car is worth waiting for. Well I’ve been waiting since January which when you consider that others have received their similar spec cars already, despite ordering much later is appalling service. When I have gone out for a meal and the service is bad, it’s not the great plate of food that is memorable- it’s the bad service! So no matter how brilliant the Karoq might be it will not erase this very unpleasant and stressful experience - Skoda (if it ever arrives), will be the 1st and last!

Very fair points Coburg, certainly couldn’t argue with any of that.

4 minutes ago, CanIDrive said:

When I placed my order on 27th February I was told by the dealer that the lead time was 16 to 20 weeks.  My car is now built and on its way to Emden, so I should take delivery within that timescale.

If your dealer gave a shorter time period blame them not Skoda.  Any research will show you that the lead time for most new cars worth having is at least 16 weeks.  

When I asked about a Yeti back in 2009 I was told it would take 9 months so I bought an Octavia, that took 12 weeks.

Well firstly the dealer is a Skoda representative so if they say 12 weeks why should I expect otherwise? Secondly a lot of the frustration is around no comms from Skoda as to why people with later build weeks for the same model/trim are getting their cars shipped weeks ahead of those with earlier build weeks whose cars are still in the factory awaiting seats. 

In retail terms our contract is with the dealer, and we've all had experiences of good uns and bad uns.

However, in this sorry tale there's really only one guilty party. And that's the maker.

Dealers cannot do anything about supply ****-ups, inconsistent build times v order dates, failure to predict demand, and complete failure to communicate with buyers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Mine was waiting for seats build week19 now at port got release to ship so not long now

Well we could be on the same ship just told it’s at Emden awaiting a ship to Grimsby. It could, according to Skoda UK take up to 15 days before transport to U.K.. Then wait on a transporter to the dealer. So effectively up to month before it might be in my hands.

5 hours ago, northlondon43 said:

Well firstly the dealer is a Skoda representative so if they say 12 weeks why should I expect otherwise? Secondly a lot of the frustration is around no comms from Skoda as to why people with later build weeks for the same model/trim are getting their cars shipped weeks ahead of those with earlier build weeks whose cars are still in the factory awaiting seats. 

I understand the current seat problem is particularly specific to those awaiting Alcantara trim where there have been serious supply problems and which are likely to be superseded by the introduction/substitution in the very near future of a Suede(-like) trim. 

image.png.26f8374917b8194f1cd0582f7429b6da.png

7 hours ago, Arkaig said:

I understand the current seat problem is particularly specific to those awaiting Alcantara trim where there have been serious supply problems and which are likely to be superseded by the introduction/substitution in the very near future of a Suede(-like) trim. 

That's very interesting, thank you. Are you able to say where you got this information from? Do you consider it to be be reliable? 

8 hours ago, Arkaig said:

Not sure that this is absolutely correct  - I ordered my 1.5TSi SE L (with black leather upholstery) on 7th February and was told last week, via Skoda Chat, that the vehicle is still at the factory awaiting resolution of the rear seat issue.

Just finished a live chat with Skoda and told that my 1.5 SEL is currently going through he build process (build week was confirmed as 22). No mention of any expected delays due to engine or seat issues. Will double check it’s actually been finished next week.

I understand that my car is/was on the Thames Highway which docked at Sheerness at 12.21 today. First, I will say that Skoda Live Chat have been wrong before, so it may be on the next boat...or the next...etc

I have no idea how long it will take to get from Sheerness to the dealer. What have others seen in terms of docking and delivery interval time?

Ordered Karoq 1.5 Edition 25th February. Confirmed BW 14. It has just arrived in the UK, expected to pick it up middle next week. As far as i know it was caught up in Seatgate for about 4 weeks. I was told it had been released from the factory during BW 20.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:02, Dunks said:

Probably biased as they might not get invited to next freebe press launch in some exotic location if they criticised a manufacturer

Similar to when they try a new engine, and politely say most would be better off with x engine instead, saw it recently with a diesel that was added to a range,  basically said isn't worth extra money, not as smooth as yy, buy the xx petrol version instead, but then gave car 3 starts out of 5 having effectively indicated avoid it

23 hours ago, Dratuk said:

Well we could be on the same ship just told it’s at Emden awaiting a ship to Grimsby. It could, according to Skoda UK take up to 15 days before transport to U.K.. Then wait on a transporter to the dealer. So effectively up to month before it might be in my hands.

Already been at port for 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

Already been at port for 2 weeks

That's interesting. My car is now in Grimsby, but a couple of weeks ago I was told that it was on a ship but there could be a delay of a week. I wonder if the problem is finding somewhere to store these cars once they get to the UK. It seems strange to keep a ship waiting in port - time is money - port dues etc.

23 minutes ago, TomKaroq said:

That's interesting. My car is now in Grimsby, but a couple of weeks ago I was told that it was on a ship but there could be a delay of a week. I wonder if the problem is finding somewhere to store these cars once they get to the UK. It seems strange to keep a ship waiting in port - time is money - port dues etc.

Indeed, no payment until it’s in the customers hands so it must affect cash flow.

Again no rhyme or reason to how  they do deliveries. 

@skoda1982 having been told up to 15 days at exit port yours must be at the head of the queue. Fingers crossed for you.

On 24/05/2018 at 16:17, Kainey54 said:

Another email from the dealer today, my car is built and is at the docks in Germany!

I'm not holding my breath yet, but it's getting closer...

And just heard today it's actually on a ship!

I'm just beginning to feel a little bit excited now.

4 hours ago, TomKaroq said:

If you ever look on google satellite map, you will see they can store thousands of cars at the port.

Just realised you are in Glamorgan, which is very long transporter journey from Grimsby, so probably only be scheduled once they have full truck to take.  What’s more if your dealer only accepts cars daytime, you probably need nighttime delivery departure from port, and that must be stretching drivers hours, to do a round trip.

I suspect it is is much easier to schedule shorter journeys.  And these can also do 2 drops at different dealers.  Also you have ordered a SUV, and some of the older transporters were not designed for lots of tall vehicles, which may be limiting an optimised delivery option, further delaying movement.