Take that Elon Musk!

lancpudn

24 minutes ago, toot said:

There are plenty other threads on here to spin that myth that EV's need to be or are  expensive to buy or lease or run / maintain. 

They can be but not all are for everyone, and certainly not for many business owners or commercial users in the UK and Elon Musk is making it cost less for many running premium vehicles and also disrupting the wider EV market. 

All true.

But my point is, people who have been taxed hard for the privilege of running a car, are now being told they can't use them if their local council has a bee in its bonnet about "net zero" (or however they're framing it today).

Understandably, they aren't happy about it.

Edited by EnterName
Corrected "been" to "bee" - typo

Rural people will just need to stay rural then.

Dig for Britain and grow their own and produce their own energy and pollution.

People in England are lucky in having only one corrupt  government / politicians, maybe just a couple of councils, local and community.

Scotland has 2 corrupt governments, then councils and politicians. 

At least those that have lived long enough know that if you can mot beat them you can join them. 

Apparently, Musk asking people to pay for verified status on Twitter is literally going to kill some people.

I thought it was a parody account. But it is not.

I laughed hard at her, but I'm so used to this sort of hyperbolic nonsense there's no risk of me dying of laughter. I wonder who is going to die from losing their blue checkmark?

With talent like this on their side, it's hard to imagine how BuzzFeed News could have failed.

image.thumb.png.44843dafa019a39d3a3642fb20d5810c.png

Yes, sadly it looks like the outlet that pretty much invented the "listicle" is going under, . (A listicle is a list, padded out into an article.)

Now that's what I call progress! So long, and thanks for all the lists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11995737/BuzzFeed-News-CLOSING-owner-Jonah-Peretti-admitted-progressive-site-losing-money.html

I came off Twitter a few years ago, but really, this sort of thing is tempting me back on. :D

Allowing Twitter users to point out BS  add context was an absolutely inspired move by Musk. Take that, indeed!

image.thumb.png.087e2820ec2267ab581f83f8cf8b52fe.png

Sooner or later someone's going to sue Elmo. 

A fake Disney account got a gold tick. (These are the new blue ticks for organisations)

https://twitter.com/DisneyJuniorUK/status/1650395061417304069

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/twitter-fake-disney-junior-gold-checkmark-verification-1235592264/

Spoiler

dis1.PNG.0eb4e08ad6f57f9f65974510d753229d.PNGdis2.thumb.PNG.af4d534ddc4e09c2b677a7a8d65a88e6.PNG

Edited by @Lee

On 24/04/2023 at 10:35, @Lee said:

Sooner or later someone's going to sue Elmo. 

A fake Disney account got a gold tick. (These are the new blue ticks for organisations)

https://twitter.com/DisneyJuniorUK/status/1650395061417304069

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/twitter-fake-disney-junior-gold-checkmark-verification-1235592264/

Reveal hidden contents

dis1.PNG.0eb4e08ad6f57f9f65974510d753229d.PNGdis2.thumb.PNG.af4d534ddc4e09c2b677a7a8d65a88e6.PNG

Unlike Twitter when it was run by the rainbow mafia, Musk seems to be running a fairly tight ship when it comes to bots and fake accounts.

Disney Junior was quickly taken down the same day, and only the wilfully (or hopelessly) ignorant would have fallen for such an obvious prank.

image.thumb.png.220e97c0d1d9eaf651fada1d394bdda5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Elmo is restricting (censoring/ silencing) anti Erdogan accounts on the eve of the elections in Turkey.

Who next? Democrats or Labour next year?

Oh and posting Nazi memes from 4Chan.

The man is an absolute menace. 

11 hours ago, @Lee said:

Looks like Elmo is restricting (censoring/ silencing) anti Erdogan accounts on the eve of the elections in Turkey.

Who next? Democrats or Labour next year?

Oh and posting Nazi memes from 4Chan.

The man is an absolute menace. 

nah, twitter will be dead in the next 12 months. he's enacted the glass cliff ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac11irl said:

nah, twitter will be dead in the next 12 months. he's enacted the glass cliff ;)

Yeah I saw. And conspiracy Twitter is going nuts because she's a WEF advisor or summat. OMG ItS tHe nWo :D 

• Love it! 1

• 4 months later...

Big debate at the moment whether TESLA shares are going to sky rocket as they are the car maker who are pulling ahead of all other and there is more and more power, literally and metaphorically, coming through his charging network and mega battery packs.

Some investors have lost billions shorting TESLA stock and now there are increasingly big investor names TESLA could be the next GE type company.

• Like 1

I noticed Elmo is one of the usual suspects who've so far appeared to support Russell Brand.

His On and offable Starlink over Ukraine also seems dodgy a/f.

The man's a nob. Didn't even found Tesla. 

I hope shares in Tesla, SpaceX and all he touches turn to ****.

He's made Twitter a cesspit of alt right crypto bros and a shadow of what it was.

He's a man child with far more power than is good for any one individual. 

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

And yet he has a very high opinion of you.

Are you charging him rent?

You just can't help yourself can you, John. Maybe I should charge you rent or some sort of toll for every time you make a pointless snarky comment to me.

You could have just as easily said 'I'm ignorant as to what Musk has done and and who is Russel Brand'.

Edited by @Lee

On 18/09/2023 at 01:43, @Lee said:

I noticed Elmo is one of the usual suspects who've so far appeared to support Russell Brand.

His On and offable Starlink over Ukraine also seems dodgy a/f.

The man's a nob. Didn't even found Tesla. 

I hope shares in Tesla, SpaceX and all he touches turn to ****.

He's made Twitter a cesspit of alt right crypto bros and a shadow of what it was.

He's a man child with far more power than is good for any one individual. 

Epic Musk rant! 👌

On 18/09/2023 at 09:48, J.R. said:

And yet he has a very high opinion of you.

Are you charging him rent?

As far as I know, living in Lee's head is rent-free.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I saw another one of Elmo's Starship's has suffered a 'rapid unscheduled disassembly'. I wonder how he'll try to spin this one?

In other news Re Elmo, more and more companies are pulling their ads from the X formerly known as Twitter as there's been a huge rise in the number of anti Semitic posts being made. Some have even had their ads placed to content 'touting for Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party'.
I always suspected that Twitter would become a cesspit after he took it over and here we are. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/lionsgate-apple-ads-x-antisemitic-speech-1235661181/

• 2 months later...

the world needs to stop listening to anything Musk has to say tbh. 

i think hate speech laws need to be written very carefully so they cant be used outside of their original intent, but given his clearly bigotted and far right views i dont i honestly find anything he says hard to go along with as its all self serving. he doesnt care about peoples freedoms, he just sees his platform a means to generate division and thus engagement that best serves his own wealth. be that by driving his own stock prices down to buy more himself and then reap the future profits or just increase ad revenue through traffic on his web platforms. its all about him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mac11irl said:

the world needs to stop listening to anything Musk has to say tbh. 

i think hate speech laws need to be written very carefully so they cant be used outside of their original intent, but given his clearly bigotted and far right views i dont i honestly find anything he says hard to go along with as its all self serving. he doesnt care about peoples freedoms, he just sees his platform a means to generate division and thus engagement that best serves his own wealth. be that by driving his own stock prices down to buy more himself and then reap the future profits or just increase ad revenue through traffic on his web platforms. its all about him.

What was the original intent of "hate speech" laws?

I think I read something about $56 billion and Musk and Tesla having to recall millions of models for software safety issues.

On X, there's now thousands of pron bots and the one thing they have in common is their bios all have links to .su web domains.

i.e. Russian dating sites. Why would Elmo allow that?

Answer 👇 

20240204_031023.jpg.0b20181aaf2a94152f28e35214575279.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 02:15, @Lee said:

Why would Elmo allow that?

im actually coming more in line with the idea that he is purposely tanking Twitter/X out of spite for perceived wrongs. its not like he used his own cash to buy it anyway so why care about the money?

• Like 1