Fabia vRS MPG survey

With the remap i'm getting 55 - 66 MPG acording to the Comp.

From full to empty (5 miles on the comp left) i got 620 miles out of the tank.

Mind you that is driving at 70 on the motorway. The journey i take is all motorway and A road.

Round town i get 450 - 500 out of the tank, but no matter how i drive i never get less than 42mpg, again this is going by the comp.

i do full to empty fuel tank calculations and they seem to be pretty accurate , but i must admit the recent cold weather hasn't helped my figures or the new front dunlops but i'm still averaging about 52-54 mpg .the most i've ever seen on a long run is 70.1 for 156 miles mainly motorway/a-roads and 71.4 on a 17.5 mile run to work , i did 22.5 mpg for 160 miles on a track day last year inc driving to/from oulton park

I just got short of 600 miles to my last tank, it was hard work though!! Back to having a bit more fun which is still 500ish miles (mainly motorway)

These are my 100 hour figures:

Mpg Av Mph Miles Cost of fuel

54.5mpg 41mph 4106miles

Average 54mpg per tank. This is in a MY2005 (14,000 miles) which has less economical gearing I believe?

Never seen less than 35mpg for a single trip and occasionally seen 70mpg!

Bit of a difference to my old Golf V6 4Motion where my best journey ever was 35.1mpg!

SinceI have had my Fabia (5 weeks) I have averaged 45.5 mpg in mixed driving (usually fast road ) but as I don't pay for my diesel. I don't really care !!

(smug or what ?) :D

My wife bought hers new at Xmas and has done 1600 miles. Fill-up calcs (not obc) are:

I was hoping for more like mid-50s since she is on B roads in top gear and takes it easy. Maybe as the car loosens up and it warms up as she works shift she is driving below zero most of the time.

Good economy considering performance but since her polo GTI couple of years back did 42 mpg and petrol is cheaper than diesel they are pretty close cost p/mile.

I must say that I'm more than happy with what I average... Just think if you had one of those terribly juicy 1.8T's :rofl:

(says he that wants to buy one)

I am still struggling to get to 50mpg but have only done 3.5k miles in the first 6 months ... most of the journeys are poxy 6.5 miles each way to/from work (and hilly at that). Even on a long run down to South Wales and back, with tedious compliance with speed limits, it didn't go over about 52.

I'm hoping it's going to get a lot better as it loosens up more. It certainly doesn't like hills - mpg drops like anything as soon as the going gets anything steeper than a completely flat road. :(

same car different body, i get about 460 ish to a tank, but if i brim it and take it to nigh on empty can get over 500, Pretty sure one of the guys in a Ibiza TDi sport managed 700 on a tank, but he did vent it first and drov elike a granny, most of the others wee getting 650 ish, they had a competition a while back.

Cars done 7000miles so far and last weekend I got 500 miles to a tank, that was mostley motorway but that was 'brisk' driving (not foot to the floor stuff but keeping up with everyone else etc). Off the motorway it was a bit more heavy footed but not a lot of it was done off the motorway.

• 2 weeks later...

Well went into Wales yesterday with the brother and sister in law to be. Managed 61mpg for the day. Thats not going above 60mph and being very light on the throttle.

In total got 415 out of the tank before the light cam on. Total mpg for the tank was around 48mpg.