1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

22 hours ago, StEdmund said:

Today, i received a reply from DVSA - my original submission was made on January 28th.

St Edmund 

Further to our previous mail; 

The manufacturer has responded and advised investigations are ongoing into this issue. 

Regards   J.C.

So it looks as though the DVSA has been fobbed off as well. There appears to have been no action regarding dangerous cars being sold to an unsuspecting public.

Has anyone any idea what the DVSA is for?

Perhaps an email back pushing them on their response and asking if it is acceptable as regards a manufacturer supplying potentially dangerous cars.

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xman said:

So thats why fixed servicing is 15000km/372 days! (sic)

But when is Feb 31? Is it next year?

Very confusing because Chinese New Year is always getting further away from 1st January. I would advise you to ring the Chinese Embassy and double check when February 31st will be. Could order a take out while your on the line. Spring rolls are no.69 and Crab claws are no.13.:wait:

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2019 at 11:17, VAGCF said:

Perhaps an email back pushing them on their response and asking if it is acceptable as regards a manufacturer supplying potentially dangerous cars.

My reply has just been sent, concluding with the point that you made.

My 1.5 manual SEL is back with my dealer and I have been supplied with a 2L diesel 4x4 Scout until 'the fix' comes through.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armeg1 said:

I've rejected mine..

I have a tiguan  until a new car is found..

I don't trust the fix will sort it.,

Been offered a 1.0l or a 2.0tdi but no 1.5.

So, you rejected the Karoq, your purchase costs were refunded, and you bought a Tiguan instead?

15 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

So, you rejected the Karoq, your purchase costs were refunded, and you bought a Tiguan instead?

Not what his post says. Tiguan courtesy car and offered 1.0Tsi or 2.0Tdi replacement Karoq.:blink:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

31 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

I rejected the skoda, skoda UK put me in a tiguan, until skoda UK find me a new car.either 1.0l or a 2.0l tdi.

The tiguan I have on loan is 2.0tdi and it superb.

6 hours ago, Armeg1 said:

I rejected the skoda, skoda UK put me in a tiguan, until skoda UK find me a new car.either 1.0l or a 2.0l tdi.

If it wasn't for the fact I'm retiring soon and of course the fallout from Dieselgate I may well have had another 2.0 diesel as they take a lot of beating for relaxed driving with very good fuel consumption. I've had numerous VWG cars with that engine and it's predecessors. I like the Tiguan but it would now have to be the 2.0 petrol for me - pity it's only available in 4WD though which I don't really want.

Interesting that you are looking at either a 1.0 petrol or 2.0 diesel as they are at both extremes of the spectrum! 

What mileage/types of journeys do you usually do?

Edited by VAGCF

Best think of Euro 6 TDI's and Euro 6 TDI's with SCR(AdBlue) as a new chapter after the Euro 5 TDI cheating.

So the early ones are just 4 year old this year.

Only time will tell just how good they are out of Manufacturers Warranty.

Just the same with the 1.6 TDI & 2.0 TDI SCR with WLTP Certification. That is another chapter in the story of VW Group.

Maybe finally they have trouble free engines.

Good Water Pumps and thermostat.  They have enough experience with failures over the generations of engines to have finally got decent ones.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Edited by Skoffski

"Maybe finally they have trouble free engines."

Should the word 'diesel' be inserted in there just before the word engines? Unless you know something about the 1.5 petrol that we don't know.

• Like 1

Yes TDI should be in there.

But then as for the 1.5 TSI EVO we know now that some are 'not quite performing properly' even at the 6 months / 6,500 miles.

Some before they have reached 6 days on the road.

1.4 TSI's engines / models virtually discontinued after having been used in various generations / developments as Euro 4, Euro 5 & Euro 6 and replaced with 1.5 TSI's 

and VW Group mess up big style Pre and Post WLTP Approval.

Maybe just a few.  But only time will tell how few or how many.

Time will tell if the Clutch suffers with those engines / vehicles that have the issues that VW Group now accept some have.

VW Group could always do a Trust Building Measure and give an extension of the Manufacturers Warranty of 5 or 7 years.

& since Clutches are excluded because of possible Fair Wear & Tear, assure owners that if it is not Fair Wear & Tear they will not be out of pocket.

They will need to do something to build trust.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Armeg1 said:

Sorry, I was thinking 'rejection' in terms of hand car/keys back, get money back, walk away.  I think your arrangement is quite similar to mine, though I have handed the Karoq back until a fix is found and I will take the car back provided that the fix is successful. As I read it, you will only accept a completely fresh car. I have been given a new Karoq Scout 2L diesel 4x4 to be going on with.

My dealer has been decent throughout and during the past 3 weeks or so, Skoda UK has been exceptionally cooperative. During December/January, Skoda UK frustrated me with the old 'characteristic' story - but it seems that something changed quite quickly around early February ....... I wonder what prompted that change.

I believe that Skoda/VWG is still selling cars with the 1.5 petrol engine - and, that, I cannot understand.

7 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

I believe that Skoda/VWG is still selling cars with the 1.5 petrol engine - and, that, I cannot understand.

Seems as if they are trying to get as many sold as possible, with BIG discounts appearing on drive the deal recently.  

0F80C846-AB98-4127-849F-EBB2B524980B.jpeg

5E813644-2819-4232-B425-3E738888B042.jpeg

Pure conjecture on my part, but looking at recent threads on here and especially vw troc and seat ateca forums, I believe VAG may have already released a software update on new Feb 19 1.5 tsi cars.  Several new owners report no problems & possibly that's why more cars are coming in !?

Can any new owners here confirm or deny this? Anyone with insider knowledge perhaps?

My worry is VAG have modified the engine in some way, suggested at by honest John and others, and older cars may not be improved.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Ask them in writing. 

Something like, 'Is the update for 1.5 TSI vehicles engines / software that was supposed to be coming in the 2nd quarter now available?'.

If they do not know at Skoda / VW HQ UK then who does?  

Already had a phone conversation with Skoda customer support on Friday including my conjecture.

They denied any knowledge of solutions or new engines and gave the standard 'update will be available in Q2' emphasising that might be end of June.

23 minutes ago, DaveW25 said:

They denied any knowledge of solutions or new engines and gave the standard 'update will be available in Q2' emphasising that might be end of June.

Not lying in the strictly legal sense,

They denied any knowledge of solution = they don't really know how to fix existing engines

or new engines = no new engine codes, so technically not new, but often VAG engines get heavily revised mechanically for instance, in late 2012 the 1.2 tsi got heavily revised lubrication system, increased oil capacity from 3.6 litres to 3.9 litres, revised camshaft chain drive and many parts, pcv, ignition etc. But was still a CZBA/B engine. Not a new engine?

update will be available in Q2' emphasising that might be end of June = Skoda UK have no idea but have their fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaveW25 said:

Pure conjecture on my part, but looking at recent threads on here and especially vw troc and seat ateca forums, I believe VAG may have already released a software update on new Feb 19 1.5 tsi cars.  Several new owners report no problems & possibly that's why more cars are coming in !?

Can any new owners here confirm or deny this? Anyone with insider knowledge perhaps?

My worry is VAG have modified the engine in some way, suggested at by honest John and others, and older cars may not be improved.

Read somewhere that the new Golf has a "new" version of the 1.5 TSI.

1 minute ago, VAGCF said:

I checked the article referred to when it was first reported somewhere on this forum. It was misinterpreted by the poster, the article did not really suggest a new version of the 1.5 tsi, iirc it was quite an old article and basically saying it was new compared to previous 1.4tsi and concentrated on the 130ps Evo version which uses Miller cycle and full engine shutdown capability.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VAGCF said:

Can assure you the new golf 1.5tsi has exactly the same problem (have been lurking here as this seems the best place for updates on the issue) it very much affects my car (nov 2018) and ive been given the same acknowledgement from vw the problem exists after they had my car in, and that a fix is due q2. I haven't taken it any further yet but am evaluating options, my car is leased from vwfs

• Like 1