Octavia 245 Owners Club

12 hours ago, PongoBongo said:

I did. Well partly anyway. My previous car was a Jaguar XE-S which averaged 28 mpg and before that a 5.0 Jaguar XK that averaged 19 mpg but it was a hoot 😂. The VRs does 37 mpg which, for me, is super economical. I do around 12,000 miles a year just commuting - so savings are significant. I bought the car Shy245 owned for a short while - so it had had one careful owner 🙂

I got 50mpg on the first commute in the Red DSG hatch you bought. They sold it for absolute bargain with just 200 very careful miles on the clock as you will have noticed from the onboard computer and it had a nice spec to with Heated Front Screen, 19" Extremes, spare wheel and Blind spot monitoring from what I can remember. Cost me over £6,000 in depreciation because wife wanted to keep her Karoq. Enjoy PongoBongo. Are you based in Leicestershire or did you travel to buy it?:sadsmile:

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well I've just bought a used Superb 272 Sportline Plus 4 x 4 DSG hatch with less than 5,000 miles on the clock so my time left on the 245 owners section is just 8 days.:sadsmile:

Good purchase. Smart looking motors in that spec too. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I got 50mpg on the first commute in the Red DSG hatch you bought. They sold it for absolute bargain with just 200 very careful miles on the clock as you will have noticed from the onboard computer and it had a nice spec to with Heated Front Screen, 19" Extremes, spare wheel and Blind spot monitoring from what I can remember. Cost me over £6,000 in depreciation because wife wanted to keep her Karoq. Enjoy PongoBongo. Are you based in Leicestershire or did you travel to buy it?:sadsmile:

It is a lovely thing. The heated windscreen was the clincher. I can't believe anyone buys one without - but you hardly ever see one with. Which is odd given that it isn't an expensive option. I think perhaps the 18" wheels might have ridden a bit more smoothly but the 19's aren't too bad. I am in Worcester so Leicester wasn't too far. I paid £22k which I was happy with for what was really a new car ! 

1 minute ago, PongoBongo said:

It is a lovely thing. The heated windscreen was the clincher. I can't believe anyone buys one without - but you hardly ever see one with. Which is odd given that it isn't an expensive option. I think perhaps the 18" wheels might have ridden a bit more smoothly but the 19's aren't too bad. I am in Worcester so Leicester wasn't too far. I paid £22k which I was happy with for what was really a new car ! 

Yeah it was in the showroom stickered at £28,700.:thumbup:

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Very subtle in Black Magic with the 19" Vega alloys. Fitted with crap Bridgestone tyres but I can always put my Michelin 235/35R19 PS4S tyres on at some point.:thinking:

I love those Superb Sportlines. It was seeing a Dragon Green one for sale at a garage I drive past each day that started my whole "maybe s Skoda would work for me" thing ! Great choice. Great looking car the Superb.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well I've just bought a used Superb 272 Sportline Plus 4 x 4 DSG hatch with less than 5,000 miles on the clock so my time left on the 245 owners section is just 8 days.:sadsmile:

Great choice. Combi would have been perfect for me.

I'd hoped it was available in Singapore!

• Thanks 1

On 20/12/2019 at 15:14, shyVRS245 said:

Well I for 1 will be sorry to see you go, for better or worse you've certainly livened the posts up over the years. Kinda looked at the Superb in that from myself but, I had a 72 test drive in 1 with DCC & I just couldn't get on with the handling. Very barge like

@shyVRS245 as JKM is 2wd only, would you like me to remove you from the February rolling road day session ?

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Well I for 1 will be sorry to see you go, for better or worse you've certainly livened the posts up over the years. Kinda looked at the Superb in that from myself but, I had a 72 test drive in 1 with DCC & I just couldn't get on with the handling. Very barge like

@shyVRS245 as JKM is 2wd only, would you like me to remove you from the February rolling road day session ?

Sorry about the JKM day I was going to ask whether they could accommodate 4WD but you've answered that question for me. Thanks Tony for the positive feedback (I think?);)

• Haha 1

If anyone is serious about getting a nice spec (electric sunroof,electric heated folding mirrors,electric heated front seats including passenger, reversing camera,spare wheel and Black Magic paint) 2017 August 245 Hatch with 18" Dezent TD alloys with Pirelli P Zero tyres in 225/40R18 size with 330bhp at 5,000rpm and 380lb/ft of torque at 2,600rpm (517nm) stage 2 tuned with just under 29,000 miles 1 owner (me) total cost to me over £31,000 will be available at Marshals Skoda Leicester from Saturday 28/12/2019 for a limited time before they send it to an auction because of the mods they can't retail it with a Skoda warranty but it has been 100% reliable in the 28 months and 11 days I have owned the vehicle. It will come with a full service history as I have already paid for the second Inspection Service they will carry out this Saturday at 29,000 miles. First Oil Service was carried out at 18,500 miles and if you have been following my time with this car it has had a fairly gentle life chugging up and down the M1 in Leicestershire giving a very impressive overall 40.39mpg. Current Long Term on Maxidot over the last 3,000 miles showing 39.8mpg. A bid of over £15,000 would probably buy this vehicle which would represent great value for money. It has stainless steel HEL brakelines, uprated brake fluid (DOT 5.1), full Milltek stainless 3" twin exhaust, Airtec foam cone air filter, Airtec intercooler and stage 2 AmD (Grays, Essex) ECU remap. Happy Xmas and a wonderful New Year to all 245 owners my time with this car has been an absolute blast.:party:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word

Well ...your recent ‘I will be keeping the Octavia for many years’ statement now seems to have as much conviction as Jezza’s promise to remain neutral on the EU! 🥳Anyway like me, despite having a good VRS, you got itchy feet and have chosen a great car, which can actually put the power down onto the road. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

If anyone is serious about getting a nice spec (electric sunroof,electric heated folding mirrors,electric heated front seats including passenger, reversing camera,spare wheel and Black Magic paint) 2017 August 245 Hatch with 18" Dezent TD alloys with Pirelli P Zero tyres in 225/40R18 size with 330bhp at 5,000rpm and 380lb/ft of torque at 2,600rpm (517nm) stage 2 tuned with just under 29,000 miles 1 owner (me) total cost to me over £31,000 will be available at Marshals Skoda Leicester from Saturday 28/12/2019 for a limited time before they send it to an auction because of the mods they can't retail it with a Skoda warranty but it has been 100% reliable in the 28 months and 11 days I have owned the vehicle. It will come with a full service history as I have already paid for the second Inspection Service they will carry out this Saturday at 29,000 miles. First Oil Service was carried out at 18,500 miles and if you have been following my time with this car it has had a fairly gentle life chugging up and down the M1 in Leicestershire giving a very impressive overall 40.39mpg. Current Long Term on Maxidot over the last 3,000 miles showing 39.8mpg. A bid of over £15,000 would probably buy this vehicle which would represent great value for money. It has stainless steel HEL brakelines, uprated brake fluid (DOT 5.1), full Milltek stainless 3" twin exhaust, Airtec foam cone air filter, Airtec intercooler and stage 2 AmD (Grays, Essex) ECU remap. Happy Xmas and a wonderful New Year to all 245 owners my time with this car has been an absolute blast.:party:

Nice to know that you used AMD, they've done 6 remaps for us & I'm still happy with the only one still in the fleet.......(Superb 2 2.0 TSi, mapped in April 2013 & still running nicely, can't find a replacement for it.......) but Black Magic is not for me, 2 years keeping a Mk 2 vRS clean convinced me to choose Silver for the next wagon.

I wish could buy a Mk.3 Superb but it's just too wide for my 1966 garage. 

6 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

Nice to know that you used AMD, they've done 6 remaps for us & I'm still happy with the only one still in the fleet.......(Superb 2 2.0 TSi, mapped in April 2013 & still running nicely, can't find a replacement for it.......) but Black Magic is not for me, 2 years keeping a Mk 2 vRS clean convinced me to choose Silver for the next wagon.

I wish could buy a Mk.3 Superb but it's just too wide for my 1966 garage. 

Ben just gave me a 10% discount off the next remap on the Superb 272 and told me what I already knew that on 99 octane not to expect more than 340bhp due to the dual GPF stuffed up the exhausts. Golf R without GPF normally reach 360bhp he said with them.;)

• Like 1

Hi all.

I just thought I'd pop in to say I am now a fully fledged member of the 245 Owners club, having picked up this sexy little number last thursday (the car I mean, not me).

IMG_4928.JPG

• Like 4

On 11/12/2019 at 18:35, Kenai said:

For me, the fact the 245 can return 40mpg+ when I need it to be a dependable mile muncher but also turn it's hand to being a  fairly fun 'performance car' (as far as a family car with a bigger engine and stiff suspension can be) is its real party piece. It is very difficult to beat as an all rounder for the money. 

I'd say impossible to beat.

There is no other car, that I'm aware of, that offers the space, pace and value for money of a vRS, especially the 245 version. 

• Like 1

Economic migrant from the VW community here. 

I needed a bigger boot, but couldn't afford a Golf R estate. 

So several visits to my local Skoda dealer later - and after making a general nuisance of myself - I ended up with this.

I'd been dreaming of a Golf R for three years, but just couldn't afford a decent one. So after an offer I couldn't refuse, I went with the vRS 245.

Best car I've ever owned.

Pace, space and value for money. What's not to like?

Do I regret not holding out for a Golf R?

Not one bit.

20191109_144330758_iOS.jpg

• Like 2