Octavia 245 Owners Club

7 hours ago, SmokinJoeFrazier said:

Economic migrant from the VW community here. 

I needed a bigger boot, but couldn't afford a Golf R estate. 

So several visits to my local Skoda dealer later - and after making a general nuisance of myself - I ended up with this.

I'd been dreaming of a Golf R for three years, but just couldn't afford a decent one. So after an offer I couldn't refuse, I went with the vRS 245.

Best car I've ever owned.

Pace, space and value for money. What's not to like?

Do I regret not holding out for a Golf R?

Not one bit.

20191109_144330758_iOS.jpg

Like you I always hankered over a Golf R or Audi S1 with those 4 tail pipes but both cars too small so I bought a 245 in 2017 now traded in for it's bigger brother which has space, pace and incredible value for money when buying used. The wife hates estates so a hatchback it has to be.:thumbup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Like you I always hankered over a Golf R or Audi S1 with those 4 tail pipes but both cars too small so I bought a 245 in 2017 now traded in for it's bigger brother which has space, pace and incredible value for money when buying used. The wife hates estates so a hatchback it has to be.:thumbup:

I’m not a massive fan of estates either, but I was willing to make an exception for the Golf R.

Like you say, those 4 tailpipes (even though two of them are fake on the early estates) really looked the part. 

But finding a good one for the price of the vRS was proving difficult. 

My heart was always set on a Golf R hatch, but the boot is way too small for travelling.

Good luck with your new car 👍🏻

Edited by SmokinJoeFrazier
  • Thanks 1

New to the vRS 245 owners club from a vRS TDi. 

Had it a full week now and loving it!

Getting the hang of all the tech nicely. 

Got VC, ACC and Winter pack as options. 

Need to get used to a bit more frequent fill ups though. 😂

Just fitted mudflaps, bonnet struts, led boot lights and interior lights today. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

Filling up my 245 every 10 days is one of the reasons I bought the Superb to replace it with the bigger 66 litre tank over the Octy 50 litre. Hopefully I can fill up just twice a month rather than 3 times.I also had a 2015 Vrs TDi DSG hatch which averaged 45mpg (495 miles per tank) yet over 29,000 miles the 245 averaged 40mpg (440 miles per tank). Good luck with the new car.:thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Filling up my 245 every 10 days is one of the reasons I bought the Superb to replace it with the bigger 66 litre tank over the Octy 50 litre. Hopefully I can fill up just twice a month rather than 3 times.I also had a 2015 Vrs TDi DSG hatch which averaged 45mpg (495 miles per tank) yet over 29,000 miles the 245 averaged 40mpg (440 miles per tank). Good luck with the new car.:thumbup:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You'd cry if you were in "my fuel world" I swear

Edited by themanwithnoaim

On 24/12/2019 at 00:49, old newbie2 said:

Nice to know that you used AMD, they've done 6 remaps for us & I'm still happy with the only one still in the fleet.......(Superb 2 2.0 TSi, mapped in April 2013 & still running nicely, can't find a replacement for it.......) but Black Magic is not for me, 2 years keeping a Mk 2 vRS clean convinced me to choose Silver for the next wagon.

I wish could buy a Mk.3 Superb but it's just too wide for my 1966 garage. 

Been a track car maybe worth 6k

8 hours ago, pkcskoda said:

Been a track car maybe worth 6k

Erm....?

If you are indicating that my Superb is worth £6K, quite possible, equals £13K depreciation since Feb. 2013. 'Twas quite the bargain, no?

Track car? Really? There was quite a lot of data in the Sat-Nav, including the keepers home address in Cheshire, + it's never been a press demonstrator (wrong registration district). It had been used to visit various destinations in Milton Keynes & some posh golf courses though......

On 29/12/2019 at 23:14, Bertiethebear said:

Which interior led lights did you fit? 

I fitted these below from amazon. 
They work great, nice colour white, and no flickering when fading in/out. 

There’s loads of different types that will probably work fine. But as they are only a tenner for 10 

LncBoc w5w 501 led bulb t10 194 168

6336D30C-4943-40DE-B012-C1DCE5AD45E5.png

Edited by Bertiethebear
Added pic
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Octaviarse said:

Struck me today just how bad the wind noise is once you really push on. Bit of a shame. 

Superb 272 is so quiet compared to the Vrs245 this I noticed on the first motorway drive. More relaxing and makes you chill even after a 12 hour shift. Projected first tank also 550 miles which is 110 more than the 245 albeit with 16 litres more capacity.:)

12 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

There’s loads of different types that will probably work fine. But as they are only a tenner for 10 

Got those fitted in my boot and glove box and rear passenger center roof light.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bertiethebear said:

They may not flicker but these are not lasting at all. But you probably won't notice when one of the SMDs conk out.

23 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Superb 272 is so quiet compared to the Vrs245 this I noticed on the first motorway drive. More relaxing and makes you chill even after a 12 hour shift. 

One of the worst things about the octavia, so noisy on the motorway.

Edited by StealthRS245
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

One of the worst things about the octavia, so noisy on the motorway.

Happy New Year StealthRS245 hope you are safe from all those terrible bush fires raging all over Australia at the moment. It looks very scary from the TV pictures we are seeing?:angel:

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Happy New Year StealthRS245 hope you are safe from all those terrible bush fires raging all over Australia at the moment. It looks very scary from the TV pictures we are seeing?:angel:

Same to you shy. We're down south so not affected by them. The scale is mind-blowing, there are literally entire towns being pretty much wiped off the map - our hero firefighters are battling it out, spare a thought for them🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my 2 year lease deal is almost up. I have been quoted £17300 to purchase the car however I have sent a message to see if there is any movement on the price. Looking on Auto Trader, it seems like a good deal for a 2018 (proper 😁) 245 estate. Also, in total it would be a fair bit less than the £30k original price... 

Is anyone else thinking of buying their leased 245 and have you got quotes? There were loads of us on here taking delivery of them around 2 years ago! 

Price doesn't seem too bad. When I was looking in the summer two year old petrol estate dsg cars were retailing around £19.5-£20k at Skoda dealers. With the heavy discounts on new, the used prices still looked high from a purchase perspective though so I went new.

12 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

So my 2 year lease deal is almost up. I have been quoted £17300 to purchase the car however I have sent a message to see if there is any movement on the price. Looking on Auto Trader, it seems like a good deal for a 2018 (proper 😁) 245 estate. Also, in total it would be a fair bit less than the £30k original price... 

Is anyone else thinking of buying their leased 245 and have you got quotes? There were loads of us on here taking delivery of them around 2 years ago! 

My lease is up in May but not thinking of buying.  I fancy a new shape Octavia maybe but I know the new VRS wont be til the end of the year so cant wait til then.  I test drove a Superb last weekend and was impressed.  I think I need something a bit more sensible that the VRS as I value my licence too much and I cant give in to temptation!

3 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

My lease is up in May but not thinking of buying.  I fancy a new shape Octavia maybe but I know the new VRS wont be til the end of the year so cant wait til then.  I test drove a Superb last weekend and was impressed.  I think I need something a bit more sensible that the VRS as I value my licence too much and I cant give in to temptation!

My lease is up in early Nov this year, having discussed it with the Mrs we sadly won't keep the vRS (i.e. she would buy it as I'm the lease holder) I think we'll look at something a bit smaller for the next car. Son is older now and soon we won't need to cart his buggy around as he won't need it anymore. Might defect to a sister brand Leon or Golf I have have any say but lets see.