Octavia 245 Owners Club

2 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

My lease is up in early Nov this year, having discussed it with the Mrs we sadly won't keep the vRS (i.e. she would buy it as I'm the lease holder) I think we'll look at something a bit smaller for the next car. Son is older now and soon we won't need to cart his buggy around as he won't need it anymore. Might defect to a sister brand Leon or Golf I have have any say but lets see.

ive just got used to the size of the octavia.  I test drove a Cupra Leon Hatch and its just so small in comparison.  I know I dont really need a huge car for the miles I do and loads I move about but the size you get used to.  Ive test driven a Mazda CX5, 6.  Volvo V60 and recently a Superb.  Im torn between them all but I want auto next and depending on which the lease costs vary widely.  The volvo is coming out top at the mo but as standard you get some goodies but have to pay extra for others.  The mazda 6 was nice and comes with huge amount as standard but in auto form its big bucks

I am keeping an open mind, but it is good to know the ball park I am looking at if I were to purchase it.

My mrs has back issues, so I am having a hard time finding something that matches the seats in the VRS. I am kinda loathed to pay out so much money for something that won't be new to me - or is that just my own flawed logic! 

I guess if I had spec'd mine better, adaptive suspension being one of them plus DSG rather than manual, then I might be more tempted. 

Auto Express running a Ford Focus ST Estate as a long termer and so far after 4,800 miles it has averaged 37.4mpg which is not bad for a 2.3litre 276bhp hot hatch, however the base price is £33,095 (before discounts) and the loaded test vehicle costs £37,090.

3 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

ive just got used to the size of the octavia.  I test drove a Cupra Leon Hatch and its just so small in comparison.  I know I dont really need a huge car for the miles I do and loads I move about but the size you get used to.  Ive test driven a Mazda CX5, 6.  Volvo V60 and recently a Superb.  Im torn between them all but I want auto next and depending on which the lease costs vary widely.  The volvo is coming out top at the mo but as standard you get some goodies but have to pay extra for others.  The mazda 6 was nice and comes with huge amount as standard but in auto form its big bucks

My Mrs doesn't like the size of the Octavia so the Leon/Golf or dare I say Focus Hatchbacks would probably work just fine.

3 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

My Mrs doesn't like the size of the Octavia so the Leon/Golf or dare I say Focus Hatchbacks would probably work just fine.

I always thought the Octavia was small compared to other models like the mondeo etc.  I went from an octavia to a focus and missed the boot storage. Handy for holidays and skip days.

1 minute ago, Ecomatt said:

I always thought the Octavia was small compared to other models like the mondeo etc.  I went from an octavia to a focus and missed the boot storage. Handy for holidays and skip days.

That’s because the Octavia isn’t in the same class as the Mondeo. It sits below it. 

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

That’s because the Octavia isn’t in the same class as the Mondeo. It sits below it. 

So it Mondeo should be compared with the Superb in my view. Octavia is almost in a class all of its own which was the reason I originally went for it for the space.. bigger than the leon/golf but smaller than the next class up.

My lease is up in September, so a bit yet... but already thinking about what to do. Don't think I'm going to buy it... it's been great, but agree too tempting to make full use of the performance. Not a fan of the wheels. Particularly after hitting a rock today on a country road, puncturing both nearside tyres. Front one only had 2000 miles wear. 

Unless I can get another absolute no brainer lease deal think I'm going to buy an older estate (£5k - £10k) as doing less and less mileage, and no longer use it for most holidays as have bought a motorhome, so seems silly to be paying out £250 a month. 

Edited by 7ncj
  • Sad 1

Can I join the 245 club pleeeease :)  

Went to test drive it, thought it was epic, bought it.  It was built May 2019 and has been a demonstrator.  Slightly odd kit list (black pack, but smaller wheels, non-folding mirrors and non electric seats).  Headlights fog up a bit (seems to be "a thing").  It's quick.  Sticks on the road well too, I'm enjoying the VAQ diff, it's a lot less brutal than the plate type in my MG.   It's managed 41.8mpg on a 100 mile motorway trip which is nice.  And so much space!

82016878_10157837538454709_8190302878838030336_o.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

The ‘odd’ kit-list will be due to it being just a ‘245’ and not a ‘245 SE’ or ‘245 Challenge’.  

AKA the bog standard version, or the one that leaves you with dirty hands when you manually fold in the wing mirrors. So 20th Century in 2020.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

So my car finally stuck up the oil service count down timer, so driverline informed its showing 21days now and getting them to book it in with local dealer sometime towards the end of Jan with collection/delivery to my home to make it nice and easy.

2 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

So my car finally stuck up the oil service count down timer, so driverline informed its showing 21days now and getting them to book it in with local dealer sometime towards the end of Jan with collection/delivery to my home to make it nice and easy.

Is that about 14 months into your 2 year deal?

44 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that about 14 months into your 2 year deal?

Yes basically - got my appointment confirmed as 28th Jan at the Camberley Service place local to me

• Thanks 1

I'm a new owner of a demo Octavia RS 245, having recently sold my 2013 vrs TDI (which I loved).

Very happy with the new vehicle, following a 540Km round trip, over the mountains to Mudgee west of Sydney (NSW, Australia) last weekend.

Still noisy on coarse chip bitumen roads of which we have many, but the adaptive suspension softened the ride versus the old model, and the engine definitely has some more get up and go.  Adaptive Cruise and digital dash are also big steps up from the old model. 

20200111_200410_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, fennpaddler said:

I'm a new owner of a demo Octavia RS 245, having recently sold my 2013 vrs TDI (which I loved).

Very happy with the new vehicle, following a 540Km round trip, over the mountains to Mudgee west of Sydney (NSW, Australia) last weekend.

Still noisy on coarse chip bitumen roads of which we have many, but the adaptive suspension softened the ride versus the old model, and the engine definitely has some more get up and go.  Adaptive Cruise and digital dash are also big steps up from the old model. 

20200111_200410_HDR.jpg

Your model sounds the same as the Special Edition Challenge UK model which came with standard Adaptive Dampers. Looking sharp in Race Blue with the 19" Extremes.:thumbup:

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Your model sounds the same as the Special Edition Challenge UK model which came with standard Adaptive Dampers. Looking sharp in Race Blue with the 19" Extremes.:thumbup:

Just googled it and yep that's the one. I was actually quite worried about the ride on those 19's, but the dampers made a significant difference. 

The smoky air in the photo does bring out the best tone in that Race Blue colour...

42 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are the 19s Xtremes desirable in UK? 

Here in Singapore, it is so difficult to sell them off! 🤣

1 minute ago, Badlammy said:

Are the 19s Xtremes desirable in UK? 

Here in Singapore, it is so difficult to sell them off! 🤣

Yes easy to sell them here as some 2018/2019 Vrs245 came with only the 18" Gemini's. I sold my set (because I didn't like the look) after 1 year and 12,500 miles to a diesel Vrs Estate owner for £600 which I was happy with but they were in as new condition.:thumbup:

34 minutes ago, fennpaddler said:

Just googled it and yep that's the one. I was actually quite worried about the ride on those 19's, but the dampers made a significant difference. 

The smoky air in the photo does bring out the best tone in that Race Blue colour...

When I bought my 245 in August 2017 (sold recently) the Adaptive Dampers were about £800 extra.:thinking:The ride is a bit harsh without them though.

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

When I bought my 245 in August 2017 (sold recently) the Adaptive Dampers were about £800 extra.:thinking:The ride is a bit harsh without them though.

I've come from a Mk 8 Civic, so the ride even without DCC is like a magic carpet in comparison 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yes easy to sell them here as some 2018/2019 Vrs245 came with only the 18" Gemini's. I sold my set (because I didn't like the look) after 1 year and 12,500 miles to a diesel Vrs Estate owner for £600 which I was happy with but they were in as new condition.:thumbup:

Only the initial 2 batches came with 19s here, thereafter all are on 18s but heard will be reverting to 19s soon.

The looks are ok to me but hate it when they are dirty. I took them off after a year too, with only about 13000km. Selling the great condition set at only S$850 with Pzero tyres and still no takers! Arghhh!