Octavia 245 Owners Club

Hello

My wife has a pre registered VRS 245 arriving from dealer stock next week. I'll be sure to post a photo of it alongside her current Mk2 facelift VRS (while I prep it for sale).

I was wondering if anyone has run a DTUK (latest generation) tuning box on a 245? I'm in the process of buying a JB4 for my Audi S4, which means I can swap out the currently utilised DTUK box with a new loom onto the Skoda.

It would be good to know if they run okay on the dreaded OPF equipped cars, or if they are so strangled with filters not to bother? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, sorry to change topic slightly but my PCH 245 will be going back in May.

When they take it back does it go back to the dealer I got it from and then they sell it on?  Or as it technically belongs to the finance company do they just send it to auction?

Also I have the dreaded inspection looming, can I get advice on what to do with one of my wheels please.....  I fear they will sting me bigtime if I leave it til the inspection?  Can i get it fixed or worst case is it a new wheel?

20200317_125615_001.jpg

20200317_125625.jpg

20200317_125632.jpg

58 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Hi All, sorry to change topic slightly but my PCH 245 will be going back in May.

When they take it back does it go back to the dealer I got it from and then they sell it on?  Or as it technically belongs to the finance company do they just send it to auction?

Also I have the dreaded inspection looming, can I get advice on what to do with one of my wheels please.....  I fear they will sting me bigtime if I leave it til the inspection?  Can i get it fixed or worst case is it a new wheel?

20200317_125615_001.jpg

20200317_125625.jpg

20200317_125632.jpg

Similar question myself for Nov time period this year.. two left hand front/rear wheels curb interaction.. front way worse than yours.

The PCH cars through VW/Skoda finance like mine goto BCA.. they use their guidelines for charging for damage. Who is your contract/agreement with?

55 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Similar question myself for Nov time period this year.. two left hand front/rear wheels curb interaction.. front way worse than yours.

The PCH cars through VW/Skoda finance like mine goto BCA.. they use their guidelines for charging for damage. Who is your contract/agreement with?

Same through VW/Skoda Finance

I would leave it. That's minor and their charges are often pretty reasonable for scuffed alloys. Furthermore, because those wheels are diamond cut, you'd be looking at a full refurb if you wanted a decent repair which is likely to cost you more per wheel than what you will be charged by the lease company anyway.

15 minutes ago, Boosted_Six said:

Drove the VRS245 properly this eve. I think it handles better than my car actually. The weight distribution is better and the locking diff does its job!

The 245 is good up to a point, having covered 29,000 miles in my 335.9bhp stage 2 car however my stage 1 Superb 4 x 4 with 359.6bhp would disappear very quickly on any road surface particularly a damp one. Grip is on a much higher level.:)

Edited by john999boy

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

The 245 is good up to a point, having covered 29,000 miles in my 335.9bhp stage 2 car however my stage 1 Superb 4 x 4 with 359.6bhp would disappear very quickly on any road surface particularly a damp one. Grip is on a much higher level.:)

Here's my 4x4: 

I'm impressed with that Skoda today its a great car for the money. 

IMG_0232.JPG

Image from iOS.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

20200317_125615_001.jpg

20200317_125625.jpg

20200317_125632.jpg

Although personally I rate Nexen tyres, VWFS / BCA might not. I rang them before changing mine and the words were please replace with equivalent premium brand tyres. Not sure if this is stated in the contract however ...

12 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

Although personally I rate Nexen tyres, VWFS / BCA might not. I rang them before changing mine and the words were please replace with equivalent premium brand tyres. Not sure if this is stated in the contract however ...

Really!?  Only reason I put it on was I had a puncture a while back and the garage said at the time they didnt have any of the others but had a Nexen.  Surely its the equivalent in speed rated etc etc but I assume not in terms of price!

Hi folks, my car is also with VWFS and it is due back at the end of April. I don't know if it is well known, but BCA inspect and collect on the same day so if anything needs doing, you have to get it done in advance of the inspection. I thought they inspected, then you had some time to fix identified issues - alas not!.

Thankfully (touching wood), I think I will be ok. If anyone wants to know, the purchase price for my manual 245, in the standard red with 16.5k on the clock is £16,200. I won't be buying, but gives people an idea. Also, I am allowed to buy it directly should I want to - I wouldn't have to purchase through my better half etc.

6 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Hi folks, my car is also with VWFS and it is due back at the end of April. I don't know if it is well known, but BCA inspect and collect on the same day so if anything needs doing, you have to get it done in advance of the inspection. I thought they inspected, then you had some time to fix identified issues - alas not!.

Thankfully (touching wood), I think I will be ok. If anyone wants to know, the purchase price for my manual 245, in the standard red with 16.5k on the clock is £16,200. I won't be buying, but gives people an idea. Also, I am allowed to buy it directly should I want to - I wouldn't have to purchase through my better half etc.

Yeah I remember this well when I had the inspection in my previous car.  Noticed the day before the bloke came a massive crack down the middle of the windscreen!  They stung me for £260!  If id have had time to fix it myself I could have got it done on insurance!  On the upside the bloke missed a big crack on one of the rear lights!  Going to risk it and hope I get away lightly for my wheel!  Mine has just over 14k on it and goes back in May so assume it would be worth similar to yours.

1 hour ago, martysparty99 said:

Really!?  Only reason I put it on was I had a puncture a while back and the garage said at the time they didnt have any of the others but had a Nexen.  Surely its the equivalent in speed rated etc etc but I assume not in terms of price!

I wouldn't panic about it, that wasn't the intention! Just so it isn't a surprise in case it's picked up. Like I said, the Nexen will be a better tyre in almost every way if it replaced a 'premium' P Zero... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottyNS said:

Good price this. My equivalent estate was more, less than 2 months ago. Maybe prices have taken a hit due to the current situation. I also purchased it direct and was a doddle. 

If you don’t mind me asking what age of car are they offering you £16,200? I am due to collect a new Golf R estate as soon as the current situation blows over and I can get back from Germany. The company that we deal with for Tax free vehicles has offered me just shy of £17500 for my 19 Plate UK Spec VRS estate with over 1k of options on with 15k on clock and I’m tempted to take it rather than hassle of selling privately or to WBAC etc.

Edited by flash222004

57 minutes ago, flash222004 said:

If you don’t mind me asking what age of car are they offering you £16,200? I am due to collect a new Golf R estate as soon as the current situation blows over and I can get back from Germany. The company that we deal with for Tax free vehicles has offered me just shy of £17500 for my 19 Plate UK Spec VRS estate with over 1k of options on with 15k on clock and I’m tempted to take it rather than hassle of selling privately or to WBAC etc.

Happy to say, it is an 18 plate - one the early 'special edition' 245 models (I think that's what they're called!)

BCA will be getting mine at the end of April at the latest, possibly earlier depending on when I buy and if they have spare slots etc.

Happy to say, it is an 18 plate - one the early 'special edition' 245 models (I think that's what they're called!)

BCA will be getting mine at the end of April at the latest, possibly earlier depending on when I buy and if they have spare slots etc.

Mine is the same model, got it in May 18.  They contact you about a month before I believe?  So for me will be mid april

It happened to be around 6 weeks ahead for me. I simply got a letter first, saying I could contact them or go online to get a price. However, the online tool won't give an immediate price for the VRS, so it takes nearly a week after that to get your price.

On 18/03/2020 at 10:25, ScottyNS said:

Hi all, not that I am going to keep my car (although what happens with cars going back now?)  I thought id see how much I could buy mine for £16.075 with 14.2 on the clock