Octavia 245 Owners Club

On 03/06/2020 at 17:42, themanwithnoaim said:

Obviously you old crumblies @shyVRS245& @old newbie2 haven't been trying hard enough 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, be over enthusiastic on a damp surface & you'll get it in 2nd too, it will depend on how good the tyres you buy are also.

@JackReacher what are you trying to achieve?  & if that's Fleet in Hampshire your welcome to try mine out. Its got the 034 motorsport Ali dog bone mount with a stage 1 tune on Michelin PS4S. Might wanna wait till after the 16th as I'm waiting for new front tyres, mine are fooked see photo attached

20200602_152535.jpg

Thanks for the offer, yes in Fleet Hampshire so might take you up on that at a later date.  I don't actually mind a bit of torque steer, it provides some character.  What I would like to avoid is axle tramp or over sensitive traction control kicking in and cutting all power when you want to make a bit of progress.  I'm not after a 1st gear traffic light warrior, but something that is reasonable fun on a B-road when the situation allows, so don't want those issues when you come out of a tight corner in 2nd gear for example.   My current m240i has it's own sort of traction issues in the wet, but that can be fun, although tyres make a big difference and current PS4 tyres are very good.   I had originally discounted the vrs thinking it would be too slow for me, but then I realised it has the same power to weight as my old 350z, and that was ok.   Plus the vrs is noticably cheaper than a nearly new Golf R estate or 340i touring that I was also thinking about.  Out of interest, what does a stage 1 give, 300bhp?

My old car was registered in August 2017 like NOAIM and at 7,000 miles got the stage 1 remap at AmD in Grays, Essex not too far from you and it went from 249bhp (on 99octane fuel) at 5,000rpm to 302bhp at 5,250rpm. For example at 2,000rpm there was a 17% gain from only 100bhp standard to 117bhp mapped. Torque was a healthy 400nm standard (same as a BMW 420D) and increased to 467nm at 2,600rpm.:happy:

2 hours ago, singaporeVrs245 said:

hi, does anyone know the keyfob reset/repair/re-sync process after changing to a new battery? mine does not even have the flashing red light. thanks

Take it to the dealers, it’s not expensive and it will work! 

Sods law isn’t it. 

My 245 is going back this week and it was due the 2nd service but I’ve been unable to book in. Then ŠKODA told me it’s fine they’ll take the car back without its 2nd service. 

This morning the bloody low coolant warning light has come on. It is indeed low. What to do now I have no idea! 

These things always happen on a Sunday. 

1 hour ago, richardwheat200 said:

Sods law isn’t it. 

My 245 is going back this week and it was due the 2nd service but I’ve been unable to book in. Then ŠKODA told me it’s fine they’ll take the car back without its 2nd service. 

This morning the bloody low coolant warning light has come on. It is indeed low. What to do now I have no idea! 

These things always happen on a Sunday. 

Top up the coolant bottle, perhaps.....

If you don't have any coolant mix to hand, most supermarkets & service stations stock it.

28 minutes ago, old newbie2 said:

Top up the coolant bottle, perhaps.....

If you don't have any coolant mix to hand, most supermarkets & service stations stock it.

Cheers, not worth getting the AA involved then? 

From what I can gather, it’s a sealed unit that shouldn’t be losing any coolant. 

I didn’t realise that G13 wasn’t just a VW group thing and that it was readily available at the service station. 
thanks 

18 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

Cheers, not worth getting the AA involved then? 

From what I can gather, it’s a sealed unit that shouldn’t be losing any coolant. 

I didn’t realise that G13 wasn’t just a VW group thing and that it was readily available at the service station. 
thanks 

So checked it over last night and discovered that it’s leaking. VW tech came this morning. Common fault apparently. The leak occurs between the water pump and the head. Big job taking the front off apparently. 

it’s been recovered in for the fix. 

19 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

So checked it over last night and discovered that it’s leaking. VW tech came this morning. Common fault apparently. The leak occurs between the water pump and the head. Big job taking the front off apparently. 

it’s been recovered in for the fix. 

Very common fault, and rather expensive in labour costs if the car is out of warranty.  Can't believe there hasn't been a recall for it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2020 at 14:25, StreetHawk said:

About to join the club.. picking this up Monday 245 DSG with a few toys and only 16 miles on the clock.. can’t wait 

ABCDD195-1E34-4967-AC9E-41D07AD8FD21.png

Looks like it was worth passing on that one in carlisle. Whats it like so far? I am collecting one in the next week when its ready. 

Screenshot_20200611-182614_Chrome.jpg

I didn’t go through with the purchase in the end, I changed my mind on the way to pick it up!

Could not shake the nagging doubts that I would regret buying a hatch and I really needed an estate, so still looking for my new car..

That grey one looks a great spec, let us know what you think of it 👍

Awk thats a nightmare. Yea the only thing its missing i thing is dcc which you could wait months for and then it be out of my price range so hopefully I won't regret it not having it. Ill post some pictures in a few days when I get it, then start adding bits too it. Anybody fitted wind deflectors to them? Any issues with added wind noise that would be annoying? 

On 17/06/2020 at 21:15, Swirly182 said:

Nice, got yourself a proper one. Enjoy 👍

Got the car yesterday evening, thought it was plain sailing until my tyre pressure warning light came on. Stopped to check the pressures to find they had fitted a 225/40zr19 instead of the 225/35r19s. Had to go back up this morning to get it resolved and was told to keep the tyre and got a free boot mat. Issue being on my way to work the light came back on. Hopefully just needs reset after the new tyre was put on. But other than that loving it. The dsg is excellent and coming from a 1.5 manual focus its a massive step up in performance. Bit of a marmite colour and needs a good clean but I love it 😀 

20200619_212946.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

love mine since 2018... Shes got it all....only option not on her is canton steroe upgrade...and i dont miss that a bit as standard is very good...She basically has everything.. Electric sunroof..dsg..heated seats..collision warning ..ACC DCC Columbus elec.seats and on a motorway does easily over 40mpg at 120km/h..and.stick onncruise control and she basically drives u to ur destination...Hard to Beat also a boot that u could almost sleep in! :)..vroom vroom..thank god lockdown is over as far as driving more than ur own county limit.. now its the entire country whoop whoop:)

20180707_184235.jpg

• Like 3

My new Vrs on a 2016 plate with RS bonnet grill and decal. I think this is what an octavia should of looked like as standard. It's manual TDI with 233 bhp smiles all around :)

IMG_20200426_135737.jpg

IMG_20200426_135750.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, VRSAndy89 said:

My new Vrs on a 2016 plate with RS bonnet grill and decal. I think this is what an octavia should of looked like as standard. It's manual TDI with 233 bhp smiles all around :)

IMG_20200426_135737.jpg

IMG_20200426_135750.jpg

Do you find theres alot more noise with the wind deflectors? I was thinking about it but not sure. Anybody else had experience of putting them on and noticing alot more wind noise? 

34 minutes ago, VRSAndy89 said:

My new Vrs on a 2016 plate with RS bonnet grill and decal. I think this is what an octavia should have looked like as standard.

I'm not too sure of that - but I do like it nonetheless! :clap:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scott235 said:

Do you find theres alot more noise with the wind deflectors? I was thinking about it but not sure. Anybody else had experience of putting them on and noticing alot more wind noise? 

I have noticed slightlymore wind noise but I always have the radio or music on so its not that much noticeable. The benefits of it are good though if it's pouring  down with rain and you don't want the inside of your door to get wet :)

I'm slightly confused I thought I was on the petrol 245 owners section of Brisky with a Focus RS in white but no it must be a mistake surely a 230 with a remap but it's a diesel with a number that says it's a DOG. Only joking Andy like John I actually like it despite joshing with you.

• Haha 2

• 2 years later...
On 04/06/2020 at 20:00, JackReacher said:

Thanks for the offer, yes in Fleet Hampshire so might take you up on that at a later date.  I don't actually mind a bit of torque steer, it provides some character.  What I would like to avoid is axle tramp or over sensitive traction control kicking in and cutting all power when you want to make a bit of progress.  I'm not after a 1st gear traffic light warrior, but something that is reasonable fun on a B-road when the situation allows, so don't want those issues when you come out of a tight corner in 2nd gear for example.   My current m240i has it's own sort of traction issues in the wet, but that can be fun, although tyres make a big difference and current PS4 tyres are very good.   I had originally discounted the vrs thinking it would be too slow for me, but then I realised it has the same power to weight as my old 350z, and that was ok.   Plus the vrs is noticably cheaper than a nearly new Golf R estate or 340i touring that I was also thinking about.  Out of interest, what does a stage 1 give, 300bhp?

I never had the balls to go traction off in the wet in my old M240i. Open Diff was a bit snappy and unpredictable for me, I span it once on a cold misty morning (came to a safe stop on grass thank god) due to lack of drifting skills  😅

Mine was bad enough the other day with traction control on, the roads were pretty flooded and I could feel the car being pulled all over the place! Which was fairly disappointing, but then I work from home now and do so little driving, I might not be used to bad weather driving anymore. The traction control light didn't come on at all, so I might be overly critical. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues with traction - not brave enough to send it round corners hard without and I very much doubt I have the skills!