MY19

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180722/ANE/180729903/vw-to-temporarily-park-cars-due-to-new-emissions-testing-bottlenecks

"VW acknowledged in June a potential delay in up to 250,000 vehicles and plans to throttle back production of some models at various plants due to testing bottlenecks.

VW has rented some multi-story car parks and open parking lots to park the vehicles it cannot yet deliver, a company spokeswoman said."

So it appears the bottleneck is now so bad that VW doesn’t have enough land to stockpile cars and has limited production :blink:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, xman said:

I'd be surprised if they are accepting any new build orders for 1.4 engined Superbs.

Probably not.  I was told today that if I order now, there would be about a six months waiting time and that the car would be a MY 2019.

13 hours ago, Alan_P said:

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180722/ANE/180729903/vw-to-temporarily-park-cars-due-to-new-emissions-testing-bottlenecks

"VW acknowledged in June a potential delay in up to 250,000 vehicles and plans to throttle back production of some models at various plants due to testing bottlenecks.

VW has rented some multi-story car parks and open parking lots to park the vehicles it cannot yet deliver, a company spokeswoman said."

So it appears the bottleneck is now so bad that VW doesn’t have enough land to stockpile cars and has limited production :blink:

Thanks for that. Please see my reply to xman

18 hours ago, BEJ said:

I am about to order a Superb SEL Executive 1.4 act DSG tomorrow. Can I expect that the engine will be the later 1.5 as fitted to the Karoq?

If so, I would not expect any teething troubles as it has been on the Karoq for at least six months now.  Also,any ideas about lead times for this car. It will probably be a factory order as I will be specifying quite a few extras such as heated windscreen and steering wheel.

I know others have already replied regarding delays, but my personal experience is that my order was placed in May. I'm due a late September build week and I would guess a date in late October for delivery. That is for a 280/272 so not the 1.4/1.5 like yourself, but it gives you some idea of lead time hopefully 

On 24/07/2018 at 22:32, BEJ said:

I am about to order a Superb SEL Executive 1.4 act DSG tomorrow. Can I expect that the engine will be the later 1.5 as fitted to the Karoq?

If so, I would not expect any teething troubles as it has been on the Karoq for at least six months now.  Also,any ideas about lead times for this car. It will probably be a factory order as I will be specifying quite a few extras such as heated windscreen and steering wheel.

I placed an order for a Superb Estate SEL 1.4 Tsi 150bhp in the first week of June. Shortly after, the dealer confirmed this would be fitted with the 1.5 engine and I have just had Build Week 38 confirmed to me.  Yours will almost certainly be a 1.5 as well - did the dealer comment?

I read somewhere else that Build Week 36 is the first week for the new Model Year (following Summer shutdown/changeover etc).  Although, as you say, the 1.5 is no longer new, its fitting into the Superb will still be pretty novel? 

5 hours ago, driventodevon said:

I placed an order for a Superb Estate SEL 1.4 Tsi 150bhp in the first week of June. Shortly after, the dealer confirmed this would be fitted with the 1.5 engine and I have just had Build Week 38 confirmed to me.  Yours will almost certainly be a 1.5 as well - did the dealer comment?

I read somewhere else that Build Week 36 is the first week for the new Model Year (following Summer shutdown/changeover etc).  Although, as you say, the 1.5 is no longer new, its fitting into the Superb will still be pretty novel? 

Correct WK36 is the first week for MY19 superb - was a post about it a few months back on the superb thread

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2018 at 00:06, Reddazforever said:

Correct WK36 is the first week for MY19 superb - was a post about it a few months back on the superb thread

MY19 are all cars after the factory summer shutdown, and I have a superb on order to be built this week (bw31), but it's a diesel. I've read somewhere that gasoline cars will be built from bw36.

seems that 2019 price list will be begining of q4 so i would assume they will need some time to add those to configurators.

Guess I'll have to wait 3 years then :-( Dealer put my order through today, so very little chance off it being available before they build it. On the plus side,  car is ordered :-D

The Skoda configurator looks to have been updated on their website.  The New Fabia is now on there, and there is no longer a warning about Model Year.  I'm having a dig, but can't see much different for the Superb.  However, I've configured a sweet looking new Fabia Monte Carlo in green with mahoosive looking wheels...hmmm  - no updates to the Superb brochures yet either.  Perhaps it's a slow rollout on the site.  I'll hop across to the Czech site in a mo and have a dig there too.  

I'm little disappointed there is no matrix led headlights or at least normal led headlights like Octavia/Karoq/Kodiaq have. For Superb that's really poor choice.

P.S.: How much would digital dashboard cost? And if anyone has any idea how much coding that would be?

Edited by JackySi

Karoq and the FL Octavia are basically new models, the Superb will just get a model year update.

Facelift for the Superb should be foreseen for MY2020 apparently.

Retrofitting the Digital Instrument Cluster costs about 1800€ in Belgium/Germany/Netherlands.

Quite a bit of work goes into it apparently. Amongst others, new wiring has to be installed behind the dashboard.

In DK you can get AID retrofitted for around £1325.

The "additional wiring" is some fiber optics going to the radio, the rest is the same.