Any regrets?

Michael G

For our needs now, the SE kit and little 1.0tsi is perfectly fine. And we've had black cars before, so knew what was entailed in going for black after our red and cappu Yetis.

Overall, we're delighted with the car. But in hindsight, the side view in a standard black SE is a bit bland.

£400 for the chrome pack option may or may not be cost effective according to  your point of view, but in hindsight I wish we'd considered it. 

Anyone else having "I wished I had..." moments, or is it just me? :D

I ordered a selection of extras............

heated screen and washer nozzles

rough road package

Park assist

full adaptive headlamps

Auto light assist including automatic high beam lights, auto dimming rear view mirror and light and rain assist

Personalisation of drive mode selection

beige interior   

So no, I have no regrets. :) 

6 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

I ordered a selection of extras............

heated screen and washer nozzles

rough road package

Park assist

full adaptive headlamps

Auto light assist including automatic high beam lights, auto dimming rear view mirror and light and rain assist

Personalisation of drive mode selection

beige interior   

So no, I have no regrets. :) 

:biggrin::thumbup:

Just me then :D

9 minutes ago, Michael G said:

:biggrin::thumbup:

Just me then :D

Life's too short to have regrets, just enjoy your AWESOME Karoq and feel pity for all those who have purchased a BMW, Audi or Mercedes and poured valuable money into a vehicle that does nothing more than our Karoqs' do haha.

• Like 1

Wish I had added the heated steering wheel option, along with the mud flaps. Anyone looking at running boards by chance. From the side view, the bottom just looks odd. I have been pricing some up. Just haven't taken the plunge yet.

Love my heated steering wheel. Very useful a couple of weeks back. 

Kind of regret going for a manual gearbox rather than a DSG as with adaptive cruise control you obviously still have to manually shift gears. I've nearly always driven manuals though.

1 hour ago, Macdemon said:

Life's too short to have regrets, just enjoy your AWESOME Karoq and feel pity for all those who have purchased a BMW, Audi or Mercedes and poured valuable money into a vehicle that does nothing more than our Karoqs' do haha.

You're right, of course. I do enjoy the car. Perhaps I could have worded my post better. No regrets whatsoever with the car per se. Lovin' it in fact, and it feels a real step up from our two Yetis.

It's really regrets over my failure to fully assess and configure the options.

But hey, #firstworldproblems and all that :thumbup: 

I got an 1.5 SE-l DSG with park assist as the only extra.

I love the car and as @Panther_uksays I've run it in and I'm starting to 'see what it can do'

Only thing I might consider if I went again would be Adaptive Cruise Control.

Shant be sending it back though! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, olly_shaw said:

Only thing I might consider if I went again would be Adaptive Cruise Control.

Hi, can you please tell me why? Is it not working properly or another reason?

I'm genuinely curious as I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and was having high hopes for the Acc.

20 minutes ago, Razvus said:

Hi, can you please tell me why? Is it not working properly or another reason?

I'm genuinely curious as I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and was having high hopes for the Acc.

I think there’s a tossed wire here. My sel came with cruise control. I  think next time I might have paid the extra for the adaptive cruise control. 

My my cruise control works great. And the speed limiter too. 

I don't like my adaptive cruise control, I've never had it before, and where I would roll off the throttle I can feel the brakes being applied a bit too firmly for smooth, economical driving.

I regret ordering the factory tow bar. For the same money I could have had Heated Front Screen, ACC and Park Assist

9 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

I regret ordering the factory tow bar. For the same money I could have had Heated Front Screen, ACC and Park Assist

I just added tow bar preparation £185 get a tow bar at a later date  

27 minutes ago, P6bJOHN said:

I don't like my adaptive cruise control, I've never had it before, and where I would roll off the throttle I can feel the brakes being applied a bit too firmly for smooth, economical driving.

I've adjusted my ACC to the eco setting so the acceleration is less harsh but agree about the braking.

6 minutes ago, Bowdie said:

That's a dear towbar.

So in hindsight, you'd have sourced an after market towbar instead, with all the complication that can entail?

Or just pack towing in?

Just now, Michael G said:

That's a dear towbar.

So in hindsight, you'd have sourced an after market towbar instead, with all the complication that can entail?

Or just pack towing in?

£850

Don't know what I was thinking really. We had a Yeti with a factory towbar and an Octavia without. Traded in the Octavia for the Karoq, so didn't really need the towbar on the Karoq, and £850 is a lot of money. Since then we've traded the Yeti and ordered an Octavia Scout (184ps) without a towbar. I suspect the Scout would have been the better towcar and the factory towbar is a good bit cheaper. Spent my working life applying logic, but seem to have lost the plot since I retired!!!!!!

• Sad 1

On the subject of regret, I thought I regretted buying Velvet Red and couldn't understand why I needed a panoramic sunroof in Central Scotland. Today the sun came out, the paint work looked stunning and we had the pan sunroof open, so all good really.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Now I've run in the 1.5 and I'm able to open it up a bit I am really starting to enjoy the car :biggrin:

Any comments on the 1.5 now it is run in? I test drove a 1.5 SEL which was nice  and pulled ok-ish but felt somehow "held back", I was wondering if this was just because it only had a few miles on or because it has a GPF?

Love the old EA111 1.4 tsi (125) in my current car so have high hopes for the 1.5 tsi (150)

Edited by bigjohn