Wireless Charging

OldKaroq

Just making sure here: I know this has been a topic already.

I know there are issues regarding the Phonebox not being currently available, but I assumed the wireless charging would still work.

As my Samsung S7 isn't charging, I assume this facility has been withdrawn at present?

Yes it still charges but while the phone is in the drawer it will have limited access( loss of signal to the phone networks due to the phone booster being removed, or so it was explained to me today... like you I have a Samsung Note 8 that uses the wireless charging capability. 

10 minutes ago, RoDM said:

Yes it still charges but while the phone is in the drawer it will have limited access( loss of signal to the phone networks due to the phone booster being removed, or so it was explained to me today... like you I have a Samsung Note 8 that uses the wireless charging capability. 

Hmmm. I can't get it to charge. I was looking if I had to switch the charger on (like in my previous Sportage) but I can't find a way of doing this.

11 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

AS in your wireless charger has been disconnected before handover?

Im not sure...No mention of this was made at handover. I intended to ask, but there was a bewildering amount of information flying in my direction! :sadsmile:

• Thanks 1

I have just checked on the "mat" in the little charging cubby hole. I sort of expected a phone symbol - but nothing. Will have to check this with the Dealer and/or Skoda.

I was told the wireless charger has been turned off along with the problem signal booster.

There is a modified version coming but it doesnt bother me, my phone hasnt got wireless charging.

1 minute ago, Nicky_P said:

I have a galaxy s7 edge which charges on the pad so your phone should charge unless of course it's been disconnected, more investigating required I guess.

Does your Samsung charge ok Nicky?

Just now, TheRoq said:

I was told the wireless charger has been turned off along with the problem signal booster.

There is a modified version coming but it doesnt bother me, my phone hasnt got wireless charging.

Well that would explain it.

It isn't that important, just that it has saved my bacon a couple of times in my previous car.

1 minute ago, Nicky_P said:

Yes but slowly, I think it's a bit of a gimic to be honest.

My phone usually makes two sounds when its being charged wirelessly, but its not doing that in the Karoq.

Its no biggie - Loving the car, and the surprising quality of it.

Thanks for your help.

My Samsung S8 charges very slowly too and never charges past 78% for some reason, even when travelling for 2 or more hrs.

If you have the Columbus a symbol appears when it’s charging at the top of the screen.

10 minutes ago, Vectis said:

I get a message pop up on the columbus to tell me my phone is charging in the phone box.

Actually now you’ve mentioned it mine does when you first put your phone in, then the symbol comes on for the rest of the duration when it’s charging.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this issue with wireless charging wont be fixed..atleast according to my dealer. Got a call from then saying that as my Edition has not yet been built Skoda has decided to not include the wireless charging facility and the phone box and they wont fit it in the future as well. For the inconvenience they are offering me about £300 discount. Has anybody else had this from thier dealers ? Should i agree to the discount or ask for more ? Am confused!!

2 hours ago, rkam said:

Looks like this issue with wireless charging wont be fixed..atleast according to my dealer. Got a call from then saying that as my Edition has not yet been built Skoda has decided to not include the wireless charging facility and the phone box and they wont fit it in the future as well. For the inconvenience they are offering me about £300 discount. Has anybody else had this from thier dealers ? Should i agree to the discount or ask for more ? Am confused!!

I spoke to live chat today, according to them the issue is not the wireless charger but only the signal booster. They say they are working on a fix for the signal booster. 

However they did mention that the wireless charging will not be affected. 

I collected my Edition last week, I spacifically asked the dealership, what was going on with the GSM signal booster, and was told that they were working on a solution, but there was no update from Skoda at present, but this would not effect the wireless charging system that was not effected ,  Well sad to say my Samsung Note 8 does not charge when it's in the charging area, so it's either incompatible or its been effected by the removal of this booster... will inform the dealership when I've tested out the charging system on are another phone ( Samsung S7Edge) later :(

Edited by RoDM
Spellchecker altered my text

7 hours ago, RoDM said:

I collected my Edition last week, I spacifically asked the dealership, what was going on with the GSM signal booster, and was told that they were working on a solution, but there was no update from Skoda at present, but this would not effect the wireless charging system that was not effected ,  Well sad to say my Samsung Note 8 does not charge when it's in the charging area, so it's either incompatible or its been effected by the removal of this booster... will inform the dealership when I've tested out the charging system on are another phone ( Samsung S7Edge) later :(

I have a 7 edge and that charges so if yours doesn't safe to say you wireless charger has been deactivated.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 21:19, Nicky_P said:

Yes but slowly, I think it's a bit of a gimic to be honest.

I bought a desktop wireless charging pad for the wifes S7 edge.

Pretty pointless as it charges soooooooo slow !! :sleepy:

2 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

Buy a double coil charger and make sure the USB source supply is capable of suppling 2amps. Works pretty fast in my view, this is what I’m using as it can be used upright or layed down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076CXZYJP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by ernieb

5 hours ago, Panther_uk said:

I'd second what ernieb said above plus I'd make sure the S7 Edge has "fast wireless charging" turned on. It is usually on by default but settings get changed.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2018 at 23:32, RoDM said:

Note 8 user here, charges fine for me, it's wireless so never going to be quick 

Edited by vadimo

Dealer just called me to say my new Edition (due in 2 weeks) will not have the phone charger function and he says he will be reducing the cost of the car to me by £280. Not happy, but I guess I have no choice.

1 hour ago, FabFabFabia said:

Dealer just called me to say my new Edition (due in 2 weeks) will not have the phone charger function and he says he will be reducing the cost of the car to me by £280. Not happy, but I guess I have no choice.

Just take it higher up the chain would be angry if my dealer done this tbh.