So I went and bought a Jaaaag

Here is a quiz question. Not counting the lorry in the reflection, can you name the cars in the picture? No cheating!!!

Clue: there are 6 (I think) 

Second Clue: none of the cars are called 'Eric', before anyone starts!

Ps I've just spent 10 minutes going through old photos to work out what one of the cars is, 10 bonus points for finding the vehicle in the reflection on the left....it's tough to see it, let alone identify it :D 

Edited by Lady Elanore

No, but you are welcome to have a crack at it, I just can't tell if it would be a correct identification :D 

I think the first challenge is to see 6 vehicles - NOT counting the lorry 

13 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think the first challenge is to see 6 vehicles - NOT counting the lorry 

Count me out on that challenge but thankfully your camera skills, and hopefully the acquisition of a polarising filter, have improved your photography contributions since then.  :tongueout:

• Haha 1

It was 20 years ago and it was the only way we could see the front of the Z3M without a major reshuffle :tongueout: It was a very early digital camera and I think it had a rangefinder style viewfinder......excuses excuses.....

It might have been a very early powershot camera? Oh and it wasn't my camera...more excuses excuses ....

Edited by Lady Elanore

16 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I have driven a Z3M convertible and it has a cracking engine (Gromit) and was lovely to drive at normal or slightly brisk speeds. One quick zip around a roundabout showed me why it has the reputation it does! I don't think it is something you can jump into and get the best out of, unless you are extremely talented as a driver...apparently I wasn't :D I do like the 'Clown-shoe' coupe and there have been a couple of renderings of the current Z4M as the famed 'clown-shoe', I like it a lot. They call it a shooting brake, but we know what it is really :) 

I had a neighbour with a Mazda MX5, he called his "Dougal" because, "it was magic on roundabouts". Lovely chap John, really knew his wine, I'd go round to his to fix his often broken PC and come home bouncing off the walls as he gave me a bottomless glass of red whenever I was there.

I had a few friends with MX5 as well, all got rid because they'd spun them on roundabouts in the rain. None of them saw this as a good thing. I think they wanted a car to look fast and drive like their mum's Fiesta. 

The Z3M Coupe has become a bit of a classic by all accounts. I thought it was much better looking than the convertable which always looked a bit clunky to me.

Edited by Aspman

No takers on the quiz? A clue? Obviously the front car is a Z3M then there are 2 classic Brits (one quite rare as they weren't very popular, probably owning to its unusualness in the segment), 2 Yankmobiles and a car from a long, long way away 

z3M

Bentley continental R

Lotus carlton Holden monaro coupe thingy

Rolls royce silver shadow corniche

Hummer h3 and...   errrrr

Edited by skomaz

5 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Nah...

Jeep Grand Cherokee

if you focus your eyes juuusssst right, you see the wheel arch flare. its not a JGC...

37 minutes ago, skomaz said:

z3M

Bentley continental R    Close but a tad older 

Lotus carlton Holden monaro coupe thingy Really close

Rolls royce silver shadow corniche Not weird enough

Hummer h3 and...   errrrr Nooooo

15 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

onto skomazs list, the missing one is....

its an F150   Really Close (big clue)

??

11 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Nah...

Jeep Grand Cherokee Noooo

Mostly close guesses :) 

13 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

okay @Lady Elanore

ill be more specific....

Ford F150 Lightning  Sooo close, but if you look carefully it might have more doors

12 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

holden Commadore?

or a Maloo....   I might give you this. It's a Holden Commodore that was stretched for TWR....who then went bust and couldn't pay for it so Bauer millet picked it up. 

3 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Camargue is a great guess and I thought it was too, but then I remembered it wasn't that weird :D Not much from Rolls Royce was... we had two of them. As the boss said, "it wasn't so much we cornered the market in them, we were the market!"

Edited by Lady Elanore

So we have

Z3M

Holden Commodore Stretched/modified TWR special

A Rolls Royce something or other

A nother Rolls Royce something 

A Big American SUV thing

A not quite as big American thing that is nearly an F150 Lightning

Anyone want a clue? 

Just realised i said conti and meant type r orArnage?

Edited by skomaz