Colour Choice

IMO, this colour on a Sportline hatch would look tremendous, shame they don't offer it.  If I had picked a Golf R estate over the 280 then I would have gone for this colour. (very marmite like Dragon Skin Green ): 

DBvCLjaXcAAncV_.jpg

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 2

Although opinions vary greatly, I have whittled it down to three colours, in order of importance. 

1, Black. You just cannot go wrong with black. It is classic, yet stylish, looks good in ANY situation and won't start fading, like some colours.

2, Black. If you need to know why, read the above

3< Black. Again, refer to the above. Lets face it, it HAS to be black.B)

19 minutes ago, mrgf said:

Although opinions vary greatly, I have whittled it down to three colours, in order of importance. 

1, Black. You just cannot go wrong with black. It is classic, yet stylish, looks good in ANY situation and won't start fading, like some colours.

4.  Black, you cannot waste enough time cleaning a black car only for it to look dirty again within 10 minutes.  

Whilst I agree with point 1, point 4 was a deciding factor me, having had two black magic vRS' in the past.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrgf said:

I own a black Nissan Pathfinder which I've owned for the last 6.5 years, and on that car, black was the best colour choice in my opinion. On the Skoda SportLine though, I wanted something a little different, and to me the Corrida Red or the Dragon Green were the most individual colours you could get. I'm also 43 years old, and it may be another 6 to 8 years before I decide to replace this car, so I wanted something unique and individual. Almost a "buy with your heart" rather than "buy with your head" choice. I wasn't concerned with resale values or anything, just choose the colour that makes me the happiest. :)

2 hours ago, mrgf said:

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

4.  Black, you cannot waste enough time cleaning a black car only for it to look dirty again within 10 minutes.  

Whilst I agree with point 1, point 4 was a deciding factor me, having had two black magic vRS' in the past.  

I refer my honourable friends to the answer I gave some moments ago - well on page one anyway. My black magic Superb mk2 looked absolutely brilliant for 10 minutes a week, and like it was ready for scrapping the rest of the time. It really is a labour of love (read PITA) to own a black car unless (a) you have a lot of time to look after it or (b) you don't mind it being dirty.

At least with my quartz grey I can squint as I get closer than about 6 feet and it still looks clean(ish) by the end of the week. With the black one I used to have to close my eyes and feel for the door handle... 

• Like 2

For us its normally Silver, Grey or White.

The Fabia is white (black roof) and the Superb quartz grey.

Once bought a stock car at an excellent price despite my reservations about the metallic red paint. It did look magic so went for it. Big mistake. Regardless of how you cleaned it and what you cleaned or polished it with 2 spots of rain would leave hideous water marks all over the car. Only way to get it looking good again was a clean and polish. Too much like hard work. As soon as it was 3 years old and paid for we traded it, for a silver one.

I grew up in the 50's and 60's. We did not have much colour then, brown and green if you were lucky

"I grew up in the 50's and 60's. We did not have much colour then"... No, everything was black and white- I've seen the T.V. footage, to prove it! :movie:

• Haha 1

We were going for one of the greys but when we went in for the test drive they had a Dragon Green sportline in the showroom and SWMBO fell in love with it :-(

The test drive was in a Petrol Blue Estate which became her was the second choice.

The decider was that that the sportline has sports seats (not necessary) and only comes with a black interior so we have the Petrol Blue.

On 6/20/2018 at 21:26, penguin17 said:

DBvCLjaXcAAncV_.jpg

Very much agree.

Such a great combo.

Maybe vinyl wrap the Superb and source some 20" Rosario wheels???

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 17:55, alf.onso said:

@Rifleman I did extended test drive with a pink Superb. I could not consentrate on testing the car at all and constantly tried to hide under the dashboard if anyone I knew would see me. 

It was a paintbox color that pink so my dealer had payed extra for it. And later I saw that they had ordered a full spec 280 estate with exactly the same pink color. Poor guys.

To their defence, it was a time when paintbox had just arrived and probably they did not know how pink that pink looks in real.

So yes, I would have LOVED to do that test drive with a Dragon Green Superb instead:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Have you got a photo of it you can post here?  I'd love to see what it looks like, not that I'd want one in that colour!

I'll be in Klaipėda, Lithuania and Riga, Latvia at the end of August/Early September, so maybe I'll be lucky and see one there.

5 hours ago, Penpusher said:

Have you got a photo of it you can post here?  I'd love to see what it looks like, not that I'd want one in that colour!

I'll be in Klaipėda, Lithuania and Riga, Latvia at the end of August/Early September, so maybe I'll be lucky and see one there.

Sorry, after 3 hours of driving it around, I was far too traumatized to take any selfies so haven't got any photos:biggrin:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justgenius said:

Found this one by doing a Google search. Not sure if this is what you're referring to.

Screenshot_20180622-215147.png

This looks more like Velvet Red to me.

It was something like this picture from Skoda configurator but more hiddious and more pink in real:D

Configurator shows it brownish or beige with slight purple hint but in real life its pink:D:D:D

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 10.24.28.png

To be honest, if you stand a Meteor Grey car, in the sun and next to anything red or brown then it takes on a mink/mushroom/pink hue.

It seems to be a chameleon colour in that it takes on a different appearance, depending on surroundings and light levels. 

I really dont don’t like it when it goes to the beige/pink spectrum. Much nicer looking cold and grey. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to post a couple more pics of the Dragon Green... This is a nice example where I've set my camera (HTC U11) to RAW mode. It captures 2 pics from every shot - 1 with the usual software processing, and 1 without. That RAW image without processing is where you really see the green hues in particular light.

RAW1:

RAW2.png

Normal1:

Normal2.jpg

RAW2:

RAW1.png

Normal2:

Normal1.jpg

Edited by Justgenius
Added captions to identify pics.

I thin Meteor Grey only really works on VRS/Sportline versions

Dragon Green is defo a Marmite colour, I love it, my partner hates it

I just wish they still produced Brunello Rosso, still my fav Skoda colour..call me old fashioned 

My MKII was finished in it and I missed out on a early L&K  by a few hundred quid when I was purchasing mine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fWP6P8cEoXdk8MQQ6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Se7yADia95L7Yz2y8

Mines in Quartz Grey and its looks fantastic in certain lights

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZqZpx3vGA3wvja8w5

But agree, I wish there was more choice  .. I long for a Brunello Rosso replacement or a really nice pearl dark blue / red

Edited by Zenbasses
  • Like 1

Yes, I liked the Quartz Grey too, and from your photo, I see what you mean! My choices in order of preference was firstly Corrida Red, and then Quartz Grey, because I wanted the SportLine estate. Only after several days of looking at the various videos and photos of the Dragon Green did I change my mind and go for that as first choice.

1 hour ago, Justgenius said:

Yes, I liked the Quartz Grey too, and from your photo, I see what you mean! My choices in order of preference was firstly Corrida Red, and then Quartz Grey, because I wanted the SportLine estate. Only after several days of looking at the various videos and photos of the Dragon Green did I change my mind and go for that as first choice.

My main observation with Quartz grey is in direct sun and a good sunny day look a different colour than when its late in the evening for example , I'm

very OCD when it comes to cleaning and maintaining my car and I do love the way the door looks almost glass like in its reflection

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aY3VRQi4w3nB8pBp9

In lower lights and admittedly with a few filters it takes on a meaner look

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XDZrA5VPkv6xxVDL9

Edited by Zenbasses
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zenbasses said:

My main observation with Quartz grey is in direct sun and a good sunny day look a different colour than when its late in the evening for example , 

Or even depending on the angle you are observing from. This is the thing I like most about the QG.

Almost aquamarine...

image.png.541024a2b88619965bcbf97c8c0468e9.png

...to the darkest of greys.

image.png.307033b95a23a4448ba0e686e0458d91.png

9 hours ago, Zenbasses said:

I do love the way the door looks almost glass like in its reflection

+1:biggrin:

image.png.17abcdcd6399ac97ff96a0b961ad0977.png

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Have had mine for a couple of months now and love the colour... Previously had a white Mk2 Octavia VRS Estate and a Black Mk3 Octavia VRS estate, so time to have some proper colour on the drive! My brother has the exact same model as me but in Quartz grey metallic and his previous superb was business grey, but he is an accountant 😉  Each to their own eh?!

OINhYj+gQZKVu+1IzYOZbg.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-19 at 16.45.40.jpeg