Steel Grey & Meteor Grey

Hi there, 

I find it confusing where some mention Steel Grey & Meteor Grey, where a google image search shows both looks the same, but are they the same with just different name at different region?

Hope someone can help as my search so far could not get me an answer. Thks. 

You can't be looking in the right places,they are totally different. Steel Grey is a very nice colour but I'll bite my tongue on my opinion of Meteor Grey. Think of delivery vans in primer grey back in the days. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, they are both the same.

Meteor Grey used by Skoda UK and possibly Ireland, Europe seem to use Steel Grey.

I used this paint (code F7A) to spray my badges on my Meteor Grey vRS:

20180206_204636.thumb.jpg.aed7fda92add68eed0de749ae8f58bf6.jpg

rsz_20170218_181349.thumb.jpg.a6b3e11d4377cbdb5c8694a0200d9508.jpg

There is a Quartz Grey on the MK3 which is totally different (darker) and there is a Business Grey on the Superb.

I think the MK2 also came in another different grey (as well as Quartz Grey), called Metal Grey, just to add to the confusion!

• Like 1

If your thinking of Grey, it's got to be:-

Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey,

Did I mention Meteor Grey, 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

If your thinking of Grey, it's got to be:-

Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey, Meteor Grey,

Did I mention Meteor Grey, 

I concur (but in a less repetitive fashion) 

17 hours ago, flybynite said:

To add to the confusion, back when 'quartz' grey was called 'metal' grey there was a different  'steel' grey 

1754148658_Steelgrey.JPG.b5e6aa64baeafe774bfd7fa51acfa0b9.JPG

That's my car!

Meteor grey is the UK designation for the European Steel grey colour. The easiest way to identify it in a photo is the black 19" wheels and vrs badge that will be visible somewhere in the picture. On the 1 litre with plastic 15's it may look like primer, but on the 245 it is the only colour to have, without question. However, the car never looks good in photos, in the flesh as it were it is a different story, the colour just sits perfectly with the car

Steel Grey is Metallic or was,   if there is Steel Grey Solid then that is just another confusion common with Skoda CZ.

Meteor Grey was a Metallic and then there was Meteor Grey Solid that was a Limited Color on Octavia vRS, & Fabia vRS and then on the Fabia REaction.

Edited by Offski

• 1 year later...
On 15/07/2018 at 18:44, pist0nbr0ke said:

Yes, they are both the same.

Meteor Grey used by Skoda UK and possibly Ireland, Europe seem to use Steel Grey.

I used this paint (code F7A) to spray my badges on my Meteor Grey vRS:

20180206_204636.thumb.jpg.aed7fda92add68eed0de749ae8f58bf6.jpg

rsz_20170218_181349.thumb.jpg.a6b3e11d4377cbdb5c8694a0200d9508.jpg

There is a Quartz Grey on the MK3 which is totally different (darker) and there is a Business Grey on the Superb.

I think the MK2 also came in another different grey (as well as Quartz Grey), called Metal Grey, just to add to the confusion!

Looks great! How easy was it to dissemble the badge in order to paint it?

On 20/07/2018 at 14:43, Spanish_245_combi said:

However, the car never looks good in photos, in the flesh as it were it is a different story, the colour just sits perfectly with the car

Agree totally.

When trying to decide what colour I wanted to buy I kept looking at photos and in different photos it can look totally different.

I love it now I've got one though.  

The only three colours to have are Meteor grey, white or black I think.  One main bonus of meteor grey though is that it doesn't show the dirt much.