• No (current Octavia owner)
    • No (current Fabia owner)
    • No (current Superb owner)
    • Not sure, too early to say or just dont care

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I would. Reasons being that the Fabia Vrs is the least troublesome car I've ever owned, and manaages to be many things in one, i.e. fits in stupidly small garage, brisk, practical, good on fuel (but only after it hit 15,000 miles...) and cruises with the stability and aura of a much bigger car.

The negatives are the dealers and the creeping prices.

Well I already did! I replaced my 54 Fabia VRS with an 06 Octy 2 elegance estate 1.9 TDi. I loved the Fabia but I just needed more space so had to upsize, being happy with the dealership I go to and the Furby, so the obvious thing was to look at an Octy first. However we did look at a Focus Estate, some sort of Peugeot estate, a passat estate and a couple more (citroen and toyota) but none offered anything better (for our needs) than the Skoda Octy for a brand new car. Also we have been very happy so far with the 1.9TDi deisel engines. Have had Octy 2 a full 3 months now and have been happy so far but will let you know if I change my mind, fingers crossed I'll continue to be very pleased with my Skoda.

It will be a long way off if and when i do replace my Furby vRS as I only got it in March, but if i had to choose a car now it would be between an Octy TD vRS or a Mondeo TDCI ST...

I have to say that the furby has done a good job so far and it's always a pleasure to get behind the wheel especially after I've been driving works Focus for a week :)

Never say never but if you asked me right now I'd have to say no... not that my Octy is a BAD car - it has many, many decent qualities (although I must say that I have been very disappointed by the build quality). On the whole it has done what I bought it for and I cant grumble at the amount of car I got for my money but nine times out of ten I can probably find a car I'd rather have for my budget.

I would. But I haven't. :D

If there'd been an O2 RS 4x4 I would have plumped for that one immediately. But there isn't, nor is there a new Octy 4x4 that comes even close.

Since an Impreza WRX was the only other AWD option in the price range and my bosses are refusing to pay its fuel bill (unsurprisingly :) ) we did some lateral thinking and came up with the plan to continue driving the current 4x4 turbo as a private car and get a small hot hatch for my new company car. Hence the FieSTa, as again, there are simply no other options in that price range - not in NL at least, where all other hot hatches of some appeal are at least 5k up on the ST's amazing price tag...

But in time I would buy myself a new-model Fabia vRS with the 1.4 TSI engine. Oh yes, I would.

i currently drive a OctyI and would like to upgrade to an OctyI vRS, not keen on the OctyII vRS, i think the sport is a much nicer model.

I dont think i will,

there just not extreme enough even the golf is getting power

hike to 230 bhp as std, the new mazda 3 mps is coming with 255hp.

Even a vauxhall meriva 1600 vxr keeps up with vrs mk1 and 2 and that a std engine so unless skoda do 4x4 250hp a wont be buying

Would have said yes except for the seat cloth problem on the Fabia vRS. On my 3rd recover in 15 months/40K miles and Skoda have just refused to replace under warranty again.

Guess I need to start looking around at other makes:thumbdwn:

If the new furby has a Diesel vRS option, then YES, this is my 3rd.

My local dealer is EXCELLENT, 80% of the staff there are all over 40, and even the younger generation ( GOD IM OLD !! :) ) do actually have a clue about the product they are selling.

However if there is not a Diesel vRS, have already looked at the Grande punto ( Turbo diesel - Multijet) as an option.

Just need to test drive to see if the really nice design , solid feel & 5* encap are matched. The current Sporting version is VERY close to the current Fruby vRS price.

• 1 month later...
Get delivery of my SEVENTH Skoda on 1st Sept Best value for money arround. Got a good dealer here in Lincoln

Couldn't agree more - the folks at Hortons are a pleasure to deal with!:thumbup:

I'm on my second, first was a MK1 Octy vRS estate and the current one is a MK2 Octy Elegance estate 2.0 TDI. I have a feeling the next one will be a close call between a Octy vRS TDI estate or a VW Passat 170 TDI Estate with DSG :confused:

Darren

Have to say not sure.

Looked at changing my car a few weeks back, looked at the new Octavia Sport 140 diesel and it left me cold, just didn't feel right like my current Octavia does, massive disappointment as I was practically ready to order one. Test drove a Mondeo ST TDCi later the same day and nearly ordered one off the net when I got home, in fact was tempted to make an offer on the demonstrator that I drove!

The other problem with the Skoda's is the prices have steadily crept up to the point where with a bit of looking around on the internet you can get a better equiped and more powerful car from a different manufacturer for about the same price.

I was also going to mention the dealers but most manufacturers have the same problem with crap dealers.

• 2 weeks later...

11 months into Skoda ownership, yes, I would buy another. The new Fabia would have to be good looking, and come in derv vRS form.

Don't think I'd move up to the Octavia, unless I was really sold [or the saleswomam was really good looking...] on a diesel vRS variant.