Dpf figures

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a Skoda Superb ii 2011 and 250.000 km i recently (three weeks ago more specifically) cleaned up the dpf filter by using chemicals in a dpf expert cleaner ,

but the dpf  light turned on again twice and the car start regeneration .

Could anyone know what may cause that,because its not right for this to happen since  the dpf is clear now and i have two years guarantee for that as well.

Could it possibly be the differential pressure sensor causing that ? Should i change that as well?

Thanks in advance!

@paskazakis - take it to a garage who know how to diagnose DPF related problems.

You need to find out what the problem is rather than just changing components and hoping it's the right one. I assume once the clean DPF was fitted it was adapted like a new DPF would be?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paskazakis said:

Hi everyone,

I have a Skoda Superb ii 2011 and 250.000 km i recently (three weeks ago more specifically) cleaned up the dpf filter by using chemicals in a dpf expert cleaner ,

but the dpf  light turned on again twice and the car start regeneration .

Could anyone know what may cause that,because its not right for this to happen since  the dpf is clear now and i have two years guarantee for that as well.

Could it possibly be the differential pressure sensor causing that ? Should i change that as well?

Thanks in advance!

If you have a 2-year guarantee on the work, go back to the place that did it and make it their problem.

• Like 1

Got EGR changed. Car is much soother now, mpg seems to be improved. Polished up the shiny exhausts to see soot there. 300 km done, nothing yet. Fingers crossed.

DPF was over 2000 euros to change, so I didn`t.

• 3 months later...

Hello Everyone,

just started to use vag dpf, and its quite cool and useful, however i have some interesting data.

when i used first time, it was at 90%, then i had a regen at 100%. Clearl showing the app what is happening. It was like 120km after the last regen.

But then , after some days and after 50km, i am on already at 50%, means similar like last time i will have soon regen.

Does it mean start to became full the system or is it just simply the fact of city driving each 15km?

and btw, why the oil ash is not shown for me?

i have around 205k km.

32727C6E-5C08-45C5-804E-901B3AF90AF7.jpeg

13 hours ago, Juhagpl said:

Hello Everyone,

just started to use vag dpf, and its quite cool and useful, however i have some interesting data.

when i used first time, it was at 90%, then i had a regen at 100%. Clearl showing the app what is happening. It was like 120km after the last regen.

But then , after some days and after 50km, i am on already at 50%, means similar like last time i will have soon regen.

Does it mean start to became full the system or is it just simply the fact of city driving each 15km?

and btw, why the oil ash is not shown for me?

i have around 205k km.

32727C6E-5C08-45C5-804E-901B3AF90AF7.jpeg

Clicking on the Oil Ash residue display might make it read correctly but on mine, if you have values disabled from displaying they are greyed out and that doesn't appear to be the case here.  The most likely reason why you don't have Oil Ash Residue value shown is that unfortunately the author of VAG DPF has confirmed that the CFGB engine isn't fully supported as per attached screen shot from the app page on Google Play store.

I have the same CFGB engine as you in a MY14 FL car and this correctly displays the Oil Ash Residue but my software version is the original 5357.  You're on software version 9979 which I believe means that you have had the dieselgate fix applied.   I wonder if the software fix has changed the functionality slightly and hence VAG DPF can no longer see all the parameters.  Either way it sounds like you won't unfortunately be able to view the Oil Ash Residue.

Screenshot_20190211-093345.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrCorbyLee said:

Clicking on the Oil Ash residue display might make it read correctly but on mine, if you have values disabled from displaying they are greyed out and that doesn't appear to be the case here.  The most likely reason why you don't have Oil Ash Residue value shown is that unfortunately the author of VAG DPF has confirmed that the CFGB engine isn't fully supported as per attached screen shot from the app page on Google Play store.

I have the same CFGB engine as you in a MY14 FL car and this correctly displays the Oil Ash Residue but my software version is the original 5357.  You're on software version 9979 which I believe means that you have had the dieselgate fix applied.   I wonder if the software fix has changed the functionality slightly and hence VAG DPF can no longer see all the parameters.  Either way it sounds like you won't unfortunately be able to view the Oil Ash Residue.

Screenshot_20190211-093345.png

Thanks for the feedback and finding about the SW .

That is very strange BTW, because last time, I was declining to do the software upgrade, and signing a paper at the dealer. Basically it was at the time of EGR change paying ~1000EUR. Then after some week, a lady was calling me from the central country dealer, that they would ask my customer feedback regarding the change, but then I told them, it was not done as I declined. Then we stop the conversation. 

All in all, looking on this SW level, it seems they did it.

On the other hand, no big changes observed, only the regen is made more often...

Pushing the oil ash button in the middle did not woke up the value but then it sound it wont be available.

Any idea about the shorter regen milage? after each ~120km?

6 minutes ago, Juhagpl said:

That is very strange BTW, because last time, I was declining to do the software upgrade, and signing a paper at the dealer. Basically it was at the time of EGR change paying ~1000EUR. Then after some week, a lady was calling me from the central country dealer, that they would ask my customer feedback regarding the change, but then I told them, it was not done as I declined. Then we stop the conversation. 

On the other hand, no big changes observed, only the regen is made more often...

Pushing the oil ash button in the middle did not woke up the value but then it sound it wont be available.

Worth confronting the dealer who you told not to make the software update as it does seem like they have gone against your wishes.

I've only just started monitoring my own DPF performance but on short city runs the observed increase in soot suggests that I would manage 160 miles (250km) between regenerations so the 120km does seem low.  I believe that the software fix does make the DPF regenerate more regularly and so if everything else seems is OK with the car then I wouldn't worry too much and just let the car do it's thing.   I know that in the UK that Skoda have a scheme that offers a warranty for damage to EGR and DPF systems if they fail after the software update, maybe there is such a scheme in Hungary as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juhagpl said:

You should be able to enter your VIN on the Skoda website to check if it has had the update or not: that's worth doing as it removes any guesswork.

In the first tank after the update I noticed 3 regens in about 600 km. There may have been more but I'm only going by when I noticed the higher idle speed and lower gear selection on the DSG.

3 hours ago, DrCorbyLee said:

Worth confronting the dealer who you told not to make the software update as it does seem like they have gone against your wishes.

I've only just started monitoring my own DPF performance but on short city runs the observed increase in soot suggests that I would manage 160 miles (250km) between regenerations so the 120km does seem low.  I believe that the software fix does make the DPF regenerate more regularly and so if everything else seems is OK with the car then I wouldn't worry too much and just let the car do it's thing.   I know that in the UK that Skoda have a scheme that offers a warranty for damage to EGR and DPF systems if they fail after the software update, maybe there is such a scheme in Hungary as well?

The Trust Building Measure seems to be EU-wide but you should confirm this locally.

You should be able to enter your VIN on the Skoda website to check if it has had the update or not:

I only know the general site, where I can check if affected or not. But checking if it is performed or not - I do not know. Do You know that site?

7 minutes ago, Juhagpl said:

You should be able to enter your VIN on the Skoda website to check if it has had the update or not:

I only know the general site, where I can check if affected or not. But checking if it is performed or not - I do not know. Do You know that site?

http://skoda-recallactions.skoda-auto.com/en?s=D&cd=1

120km for urban cycle is normal after dieselgate software update.

The percentage figure goes down only to 23 - 25% after full regen. So 50% of soot is actually 1/3 (counting from 25 - 100%)

Doing long distance trips it starts regeneration at 650 - 660 km, no matter what percentage figure there is.

• 1 month later...

Now i monitor the figures for a while, and found some interesting things.

if the 600-700km is not yet gone before burning, and on highway i have around 90% filling, it doesnt go up any %, because there are a kind of soft burning every  f.e. 15 minutes. This means, next time it will start the regen in the city :)

• 9 months later...

Thread resurrection I'm afraid, I just read my DPF figures and I *think* they are good?! Although everyone elses ash readings are down in litres instead of grams.

So mine is 0.051 litres, correct?

It's a 2014 1.6 greenline 3. 132k miles.

20191229_172555.jpg