Front wiper squeaking

I see there's a thread about rear wipers, but mine's on the front.

I told my service centre, so they replaced with new blades (or so they say, I didn't check!) but it's still squeaking.

Any suggestions? Presumably cleaning the screen (with what?) might help.

For normal glass cleaning I find the Meguiar's Perfect Clarity does the job nicely. If there is something more "clingy" (tree sap etc) on the windscreen then a few goes over with a Farecla G3 clay mitt, very well lubricated with water / gentle detergent mix will get rid of it. If it's even more extreme than that, Meguiar's do a glass polish that's had some decent write-ups, but I've not used it so can't recommend one way or the other.

Wiper sales people will tell you to change the blades every six months. Ha! I'm not buying that! But my original blades (Valeo?) started juddering/squeaking at a year old. I changed them to Bosch and now use Rain-X and some elbow grease on the windscreen and even the blades get a wipe. No squeaks since.

My original blades squeaked as well including the rear one.  Change to Bosch.  Job done.  All good now and use nothing more than washing the car with shampoo when the cars gets a clean.

Judder is generally sorted by a little twist of the arm in the opposite direction to the judder. A little practice is needed. You need to adjust the blades angle slightly so it is at the same angle to the screen on the up and down strokes. B)

I clean my screen with MER glass cleaner. I like the smell of it also.:giggle:

Overall you will need to change your blades at some point but they should last over a year (15,000 miles) but it all depends on usage. 

I used autoglym twice before I realised it was causing the juddering. I looked very carefully at the wipers and they were changing sides on the return so I knew I wouldn't achieve anything by bending.

OEM is generally best, but not always. My wife got a Fiat 500 new and the wipers had terrible judder. I thought it might go away after the windscreen had been washed a few times, but the only way I could cure it was to bin the OEM blades and replace them with Bosch items.

When I bought my Superb at 6 months old,th rear blade used to scrape across the screen. Made me cringe every time I used it! And the fronts used to judder just as they got to the top,before the return sweep. Both drove me mad. I always use Autoglym Fast Glass after I've washed the car,to remove shampoo residue,so I know the glass is clean. 

I replaced all three blades with new Bosch Aero's over 12 months ago,and they've all been perfect ever since!

I got mine from eBay,total cost around £35 delivered iirc.

Hope this helps?