Skoda Connect Subscription Renewal

Received an email that some of the services will need a renewal. 

Quite pricey and that’s with 30% off!

Do many renew? 

Only handy thing for for me is route import and I guess map update download, although still not updated yet. 

5B6F85D7-9F44-4450-B7A3-C092DB1371B9.png

• Sad 1

They must be joking. Max worth is 50p, but only if it works, which a lot of the time, it doesn't.

Afaik the map updates are free, and are not associated with Skoda connect, only the online traffic info.

And judging by your screen shot, it looks as if they don't even know what day it is.

24.08.2017?? ffs

Edited by xman

4 hours ago, xman said:

They must be joking. Max worth is 50p, but only if it works, which a lot of the time, it doesn't.

Afaik the map updates are free, and are not associated with Skoda connect, only the online traffic info.

And judging by your screen shot, it looks as if they don't even know what day it is.

24.08.2017?? ffs

Yep the August date confused me too. On the email it states 9th January. 

That at was going to be my next question, putting the VIN in the website. To get the map updates, that is free even after 12 months? So it’s just the convenience of doing it through the infotainment?

2 hours ago, john999boy said:

My renewal is due next month and will probably renew the part with the online traffic as 'it's convenient' to have. The other bits just don't get used at all.

One gripe is that the incoming VW get it all free for 3 years and not 1!

3 years is much better!i guess they factor in that cost with the manufactures price. 

2 hours ago, aldouk said:

That at was going to be my next question, putting the VIN in the website. To get the map updates, that is free even after 12 months? So it’s just the convenience of doing it through the infotainment?

You can do it via the VIN in the Skoda website, or follow the link in the thread below. Either is free forever as far as I am aware, and the method in the link worked perfectly for me.

Page 3 shows @MartiniB's link to the 2019 update (and thanks again MartiniB for posting it:)).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JamesEnfield said:

Cant see benefit of using Skoda nav vs google maps that are now on carplay... 

I agree. Google maps is far superior and verbally warns of traffic conditions ahead in real time. The traffic info on the in built Skoda maps does warn (when you select traffic) but in my experience shows you the delays that are 80 miles away!

23 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

I agree. Google maps is far superior and verbally warns of traffic conditions ahead in real time. The traffic info on the in built Skoda maps does warn (when you select traffic) but in my experience shows you the delays that are 80 miles away!

That's odd as my car shows all the traffic in exactly the same way as Google Maps does.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:58, TerryMcK said:

What I've found is that it will pull some traffic data via the radio (I.e. traffic announcements) which will update on the map, however this data isn't updated very quickly, hence it will warn you of obstructions many miles away or will have cleared by the time you reach where it was.  

Waze and Google maps are both available now.

The traffic warnings should work on the Columbus unit because they are broadcast via radio.

Renewed mine - but didn't care for the infotainment online option,

Only reason for renewing was to maintain the option of starting the webasto heater from my phone.

Maybe it's possible to find a purpose for the other online connectivity thingies - but as the app works less then 50% of the time it's not worth the effort imho.

If you let the Columbus unit connect to the Internet (e.g. WiFi Hotspot on your phone) then it will download traffic data from TomTom. But for this you need the Infotainment Online subscription.

On 30/11/2018 at 15:47, john999boy said:

My renewal is due next month and will probably renew the part with the online traffic as 'it's convenient' to have. The other bits just don't get used at all.

One gripe is that the incoming VW get it all free for 3 years and not 1!

I've just had my first service. Bought my 2017 Superb L&K 11 months old, so had a lot of questions around fixed/variable servicing, infotainment, etc.

I said to the guy that I had expected the infotainment to expire a year in (at which point I had had the car a month), but it didn't appear to have stopped - he said it was three years, not one.

4 hours ago, hop said:

I said to the guy that I had expected the infotainment to expire a year in (at which point I had had the car a month), but it didn't appear to have stopped - he said it was three years, not one.

Are you sure that's not just the TMC info?

Interested to know if anyone has chosen to renew their subscription after the initial 12 months?

Skoda seem to have got the pricing totally wrong on this - how can it worth the same as Netflix or Amazon Prime (say)?

At £9.99 per year I'd have subscribed, but no more than that...

• Like 1

I also have just received an email regarding Connect renewal. They're still useless at getting the correct date/translation, as the email starts off by saying that the Connect services will run out on 13/02/2019 (fair enough), but then it states that my usage period ran out on 13/02/2019 and has therefore been deactivated. No it hasn't, yet.

As above, they are still offering the reduced prices - Remote Access £36 and Infotainment Online £44, but I'm sure they've missed out the decimal point somewhere, as in £3.60 & £4.40, as I'm sure as hell not paying those prices for something that a smart phone will do for free.  

Edited by westie38
  • Like 1