New Skoda Scala

Tcots

Given the kit it comes with, 3.5 stars seems a little harsh, although maybe that’s just because of the diesel pairing. Can’t see that engine selling many on this model. 

18 hours ago, maffyou said:

Given the kit it comes with, 3.5 stars seems a little harsh, although maybe that’s just because of the diesel pairing. Can’t see that engine selling many on this model. 

They gave it 4 stars in April, even though that review was generally less positive about the car:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/scala

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Auto Express compact family car of the year.

Does it replace the rapid sitting half way between fabia and octy then?

8 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Auto Express compact family car of the year.

Does it replace the rapid sitting half way between fabia and octy then?

The 1.0Tsi SE is now the same price as our 2015 Rapid Spaceback 1.2TSi SE Sport which had a much higher spec as standard yet I thought our old car was overpriced before any discount even 4 years ago.:sadsmile:

20 minutes ago, xman said:

1.5tsi is no longer available in the Scala.

Indeed. No details for 1.5 tsi.

Are skoda actually intending to sell bread and butter cars in the uk? 

Push seems to be the SUVs that handle like shopping trolleys with mediocre fuel consumption. Better margins maybe and who is bothering to save the planet anyways?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xman said:

1.5tsi is no longer available in the Scala.

And 2 of 3 Autocar UK reviews so far have been the 1.5. 

What's the point of giving the press cars to test that the public can't buy, SKODA?

Based on my experience there'll be a glut of nearly new Scala 1.0 manuals on the market soon when buyers discover what an absolutely horrid engine it is.

Edited by camelspyyder

47 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

And 2 of 3 Autocar UK reviews so far have been the 1.5. 

What's the point of giving the press cars to test that the public can't buy, SKODA?

Based on my experience there'll be a glut of nearly new Scala 1.0 manuals on the market soon when buyers discover what an absolutely horrid engine it is.

Kangaroo and russian roulette at junctions with the 1.5 if you are unlucky

or a reliable 1.0

I know which one i would take

Also they are killing off the manual gearbox with the more powerful engines

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

One of the top bods at VW stated way back in 2017/2018 that WLTP/RDE will force them to reduce engine/transmission combinations dramatically. Too much expensive testing required.

Manual gearboxes will eventually disappear completely, Hybrids are going to take over and they all require auto boxes.

• Like 1

Currently Skoda just killed off DSG in 1.0TSI's in Fabias.    Is it all temp while they can get honest low emissions and driveable cars?

Time the magazines were asking Rod McLeod what is what with Skoda UK and the engines / drivetrain choices.

Edited by Roottootemoot

1 hour ago, Eddie-NL said:

Kangaroo and russian roulette at junctions with the 1.5 if you are unlucky

or a reliable 1.0

I know which one i would take

1 litre might be ok in Holland.  I found the 1 litre absolutely shocking on hills.  Got the clutch smoking like a kipper.  Would probably kill a manual 1 litre before its first service.

3 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Push seems to be the SUVs that handle like shopping trolleys with mediocre fuel consumption. Better margins maybe and who is bothering to save the planet anyways?

Don't knock it; look around you the next time you're out on the roads, almost every other vehicle seems to be an SUV.

My VRS (just nudging 1,000 miles) is barely hitting 35mpg long term but that's probably par for the course in the segment.

Par for the coarse for a Skoda Kodiaq vRS with the light commercial 240 PS diesel that VW wanted to use before discontinuing them to get some magazine and social media coverage, 

which they did.

There are plenty light commercials of a similar weight that can carry goods and get the same or better MPG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...