ECE 2019/2020 maps are now available on the Skoda Update Portal

12 minutes ago, skodasweden said:

Problem is that my car is not supported there. Too old (2014).

Because of that I will not get any download link.

But it is suggested in this thread that it is possible to update the maps anyway, only then I need the direct link for download.

That is the link I'm asking for.

The direct download link for the latest Europe map for Columbus system.

Try the VW site for a Golf 'upto 2015' with Discover Pro

Would suggest backing up your existing data first but not sure how on Columbus where it's stored on the car hard drive

11 minutes ago, Kenai said:

Try the VW site for a Golf 'upto 2015' with Discover Pro

Would suggest backing up your existing data first but not sure how on Columbus where it's stored on the car hard drive

Thank you for the reply but I insist on a direct download link as in the first post.

Someone must be able to enter their vin and get a valid link.

7 minutes ago, skodasweden said:

Thank you for the reply but I insist on a direct download link as in the first post.

Someone must be able to enter their vin and get a valid link.

It's literally 4 or 5 clicks to get to what you want. You don't need a VIN on the VW website.

6 minutes ago, Kenai said:

It's literally 4 or 5 clicks to get to what you want. You don't need a VIN on the VW website.

Ok then I'll give it a try=)

Also I seem to have confused this thread with https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/450944-direct-download-link-for-columbus-ece-2019-maps/

in which a download link is posted.

Why? I get the feeling it would be more "safe" for the update to use a Skoda download but maybe that's not true.

13 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Do you think that anyone here would post a malicious link? I think not!

I've never known anyone post anything other than a useful one. 

Not that but that there would be a difference in the systems but they look the same from pictures.

I'll give it a try and report here.

2 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

The systems might be different, but they use exactly the same maps.

I've been using the VW maps in my Octavia for the past 3 years - why? Because they are available much sooner on the VW website that on the Skoda portal.

• Like 1

Hi,

I’m about to update the Amundsen map in my dad’s Octy 3 (MY2018)

Is it mandatory to extract the new map on the original SD card or can we use any other SD card? 
I think, I had read that the original SD card contains hidden files or a S/N that prevent you from using any other card. Is that right?

Please advise, thanks.

7 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Hi,

I’m about to update the Amundsen map in my dad’s Octy 3 (MY2018)

Is it mandatory to extract the new map on the original SD card or can we use any other SD card? 
I think, I had read that the original SD card contains hidden files or a S/N that prevent you from using any other card. Is that right?

Please advise, thanks.

Yes, you need to use a Skoda SD card for Amundsen systems.

To be on the safe side, copy everything currently on the card to your computer, so worst case if it goes wrong, you can simply copy that back and be back to where you started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, It did not work. 😞 

I've downloaded the 'STD2_1410_EU_A1_202022' version form the official Skoda portal, I've unzipped the file (14.2Gb) onto the OE SD card successfully. But when I tried to upload the new map version, I had an error message: "Default: No data available. Please use another source or check source".

I've tried to launch the upload 5-6 times, but still same result.

I may try to unzip the map again on the SD card.

Any other idea please?

Edited by Bap33

@Rustynuts Errh... I've been mistaken 🙄. I selected: NAV > Version Inofrmation  And there, I've seen this "SD / USB updates" button. But now reading your comment, I realize, this should be for POI updates only.

Thanks for "showing me the light". Everything looks fine now! When looking at the map version, the Amundsen actually displays '1410' version. ;) 

Edited by Bap33

1 hour ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

My Nav shows the following:

5L0051236BJ

ECA AS 2020

SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-44 (build 309)

Anyone know if that is the latest? I'm hoping the 2020 is a clue ... But I am however pretty clueless. 

Thanks

There is a newer version available - ECE A1 2020/2021. Here's a direct download link from the Skoda Update Portal:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD2_1410_EU_A1_202022.zip

Alternatively, if you visit the Skoda Update Portal and enter your vin you will be provided with the same link when you scroll down the page:

http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

• Like 1

How long does the download / transfer process take ?  I downloaded and unzipped the file but when I went to transfer the new maps file onto the Skoda SD card my computer was estimating 5 hours to do the transfer. Any ideas ?

5 hours ago, Poorboy said:

How long does the download / transfer process take ?  I downloaded and unzipped the file but when I went to transfer the new maps file onto the Skoda SD card my computer was estimating 5 hours to do the transfer. Any ideas ?

Problem solved, it didn't take as long once the transfer got going, BUT am I glad I kept a copy of the original maps on the computer ?

A map download should take around about 30 mins on a good connection, several hours on a bad one, my PC copies (unzips) the download to the memory card in about 15-20 mins or so.

No real need to keep the old maps, they just clutter up you hard drive, if you really want to I suppose you can always archive them to a bluray disc.

55 minutes ago, DomGi said:

Hi, lost my original SD card. Tried to use different card, but did not work. Can someone PM send me original hidden files. Thanks :)

There are no hidden files.

You either need a genuine Skoda SD card, or buy one from @Rustynuts on here

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DomGi said:

Hi, lost my original SD card. Tried to use different card, but did not work. Can someone PM send me original hidden files. Thanks :)

It's not that simple I'm afraid. There are no "hidden files" as such that you can access without some hi tech knowledge, and to be honest if you're asking for the files then you wouldn't be able to use them. The Skoda card has a specific Cid (card identification) which the unit looks for when inserted, but to change the Cid on a standard card isn't something you're gonna be able to do.

• 3 months later...

There are so many posts about updating car sat nav, but I've picked this one.

I've updated mine twice since getting the car with no problem, downloading straight to the card.

Tried it yesterday and it downloaded to computer, fair enough,  but tried to download to card and it said, file too big for card. Card says 14.8 gb left on card , and downloaded file from Skoda portal was 6gb.

Can someone point me in the right direction,  or do I just need a bigger card? Thanks 😕