Time's up VAG!

lawnmowerman

@Chris The VW Group outsells other brands.

2015 outsold Toyota to be the biggest car manufacturer in the world.   Lasted half a year, then they were caught, lying, cheating fraudsters.

So they sell big, and deny any Lemons or Failures until a Court or Authority make them take actions.

That is not EU Courts or Authorities very often.

That is the VW Group issue, no more DAS AUTO , and the Honesty is still lacking.  Building Customers Trust by having Customer Service saying 'Driver error'. 

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

Edited by Skoffski

1 hour ago, Skoffski said:

@Chris The VW Group outsells other brands.

2015 outsold Toyota to be the biggest car manufacturer in the world.   Lasted half a year, then they were caught, lying, cheating fraudsters.

So they sell big, and deny any Lemons or Failures until a Court or Authority make them take actions.

That is not EU Courts or Authorities very often.

That is the VW Group issue, no more DAS AUTO , and the Honesty is still lacking.  Building Customers Trust by having Customer Service saying 'Driver error'. 

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg

3-monkeys-620x2401-620x240.jpg.0597dcccb1b603ee629f930dd02f3a1f.jpg

Only last year VW and Audi were fined a total of 1.5 billion Euro's in European courts for being less than honest during their manufacturing of DAS AUTO. If only everything was as reliable as VW Group's ability to pay huge court fines.:clap:

• Like 1

Only last year they 'only' had been fined to a total of 1.5 billion Euro from European Courts.

Where did that fines go, and when are they paying back the grants they received from the EU or European Governments for the introduction of Greener Technology pre 2016?

About time that the Authorities were a bit more on the ball with Safety Recalls rather than allowing 'Voluntary Recalls' or Service Actions & Recall Actions.

World Wide Recalls or a Global Recall can exclude Europe which obviously is not part of the World. Not if it is to do with Europes biggest Car Manufacturing Group with many other interests and Investments and Investors like Governments.

Many a word said in jest.

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skoffski said:

Only last year they 'only' had been fines to a total of 1.5 billion Euro from European Courts.

Where did that fines go, and when are they paying back the grants they received from the EU or European Governments for the introduction of Greener Technology pre 2016?

About time that the Authorities were a but more on the ball with Safety Recalls rather than allowing 'Voluntary Recalls' or Service Actions & Recall Actions.

World Wide Recalls or a Global Recall can exclude Europe which obviously is not part of the World. Not if it is to do with Europes biggest Car Manufacturing Group with many other interests and Investments and Investors like Governments.

That's the main point I was making Skoffski about WHERE the fines went and WHO benefitted, certainly wasn't me as a long suffering customer of the VW Empire having bought their products since 1997 continously in BLIND FAITH or STUPIDITY depending on your view.:rofl:

• Like 1

Fines go down in accounts as legal costs and so are fully tax deductable.

Great detail published in this lengthy article about who did what in VAG re dieselgate, who proposed/devised the software and who went on to spread the philosophy group wide and who then applied similar cheat devices to cover up NOx treatment reliability problems

http://fortune.com/2018/02/06/volkswagen-vw-emissions-scandal-penalties/

Edited by xman

31 minutes ago, chimaera said:

Those fines are probably gone into the general budget, a chunk of which goes back out in research grants. Horizon2020 has been funded to €87billion from 2015 to 2020.

US fines stipulated buy back of vehicles and other compensation to consumers.

In Europe the fines probably go into a not publicly accountable pot, some of which will no doubt be used to fund future emissions/ev research and grants which VAG will benefit from. Also to pay the EU commission expenses bill.

8 hours ago, Chris said:

Taking this back on topic, one of your reasons for changing was because of the worry of DMF failure. I don't know of any brand that hasn't got DMF failures. 

My mum now has an Auris Hybrid and it is a nice car, well screwed together and seems built to last. A few memories of the 90's (digital clock with flashing dots!) But nice all the same. 

Every manufacturer has issues. My 2014 Kia Optima spent ages in the dealer with a gearbox issue, dodgy rear window demist etc and it was only 7 months old at the time. My Volvo S60's variable valve timing went and wrecked the engine, my current Jaguar has had 2 intake manifolds, an alternator and currently has some sort of leak around the injectors. My swirl flaps went on a Vectra once...actually twice. 

VAG aren't bulletproof but I wouldn't say they have any more issues than other brands. 

Agree.. my 09 insignia is now about 8000miles into its 3rd clutch and second dmf...

Found out when my mechanic was stripping to replace the clutch and flywheel that A previous owner had already replaced the clutch but not the dmf, so now the dmf was going, did i just want to do that and leave the clutch.i told the mechanic change both as who knew what damage the failing dmf was doing to the clutch, whuch would then just damage the dmf again (potentially). Its only up to 151k..

BIL's 2012 same spec is on 135k and is getting a new clutch and dmf next week as the dmf is completely minced. He didnt recognise/notice the symptoms as it started failing as he admits he doesnt know much about cars 

I also have a constant alarm issue that i havnt been arsed solving, among other niggles. Wont be buying another of them, and i bought it (stupidly) believing that Opel were a well built marque, in spite of GM involvement... ha!