2019 National Meet

Auric Goldfinger

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise - would be up for this. Would also be great if it was another weekender with camping, like the one we did at the National Motor Museum in Gaydon a few years ago.

• Administrators

Folks,

As per last year, I'm essentially too busy to take this on.  The silver lining is I'll pay for it, well briskoda will.

Conscious one didn't happen last year. Although SWMBO did suggest I have a word about going part time so I can only work a full time week lol.

If someone wants to run one, I can lend what support I can beyond the open cheque book. 

Hint: Llandow was used in topgears last episode, that used to be a good place to hire, seems a lot posher now. 

Blyton is an option too, Richard is good.

So is a motor museum, plenty to go at. Although Gaydon & camping might be tricky.

And of course there are plenty of places that are not motor museums as we did at RAF Cosford in '17. Wow time flies!  oops, no pun intended.

No strings, no expectations, no pressure, but it will need someone to step up.

You also get to pick the date :) 

• Like 1

Some suggestions for possible locations (and yes, I'm contemplating Colin's kind offer to finance if I/we organise):

• Hollycombe Steam In The Country - Hampshire (Offers camping for car clubs)
  • National Water Sports Centre - Nottingham (has campsite)
  • British Motor Museum - Gaydon (has camping, but will require some major negotiation after the 'incident' last time we were there)
  • Llandow Circuit - South Wales (has a campsite next door)
  • Broughton Hall - Skipton (unsure on camping for car clubs, need to ask)
  • Bruntingthorpe Airfield - Leicestershire (camping possible)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I looked last year but couldn't really get much input from the group. Made it difficult to plan. Bit late in the year now but maybe we could start to plan something for 2020. I don't have a Skoda anymore but I'd be happy to help/organise. I'll speak to @ColinD and post a thread.

• Administrators

Yep, if folk want to do blyton again, we'll pay for it. I'm sure folk would come for a free* open track ;) in some form ;)

I just need someone/ group to run with it. I'd prefer it not to be on one persons shoulders. Simply as it is a bit of work, also if one person becomes 'lost' then it does not stop. I'm of to the middle east climbing in March, SWMBO is convinced I'm not coming back. She might be right, got a lot to do before then.

I can help on all tech logistics, site, tickets etc. 

Richard at blyton has dates, finding the right weekend was my achilles heel before. I decided the last one we had was for me to pick my convenient dates.

* If the figure I have in my head is about the same... :D 

• Like 2