Tyres

Mee

How did you come to Michelin energy savers based on all the comments? They weren't mentioned at all that I can see!!! I had some and didn't rate the any better than the Avon energy savers that they used to make at half the price. The only decent energy savers I have ever used are from continental.

A lot of the cross climate tyres have the same or only fractionally different rolling resistance as the energy savers!

How much time do you spend looking at tread pattern? It does the job excellently and is the most recommended tyre in this thread!

Edited by amwphotos
Spelling

3 hours ago, Mee said:

i was looking at the cross climate too by Michelin, only thing that got me umming was the tread pattern looks odd?

Remember they are all season tyres so their tread pattern is different from summer only tyres. So "odd" is normal for them.

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Thanks 1

Michelin cross climates it is then :)

I’ll get my car booked in for the end of the month (payday) tomorrow as I’m at work today 

many thanks :)

21 hours ago, Stonker said:

I've had the same issue with the Dunlop's that were factory fitted, cracking in-between the treads. I've left the two on the rear and had Michelin cross climate+ fitted on the front while on offer at Costco. Even tho I'm running all weather tyres on the front and summers on the rear, I've not had any squeaky bottom moments as a result. :D Despite all the ice and snow we've had in the Peak District lately (I cross the Peak District daily on my commute) this combination has been absolutely fine. I'm just hoping that I get at least 18,000 miles out of the Michelin cross climates like I did out of the Dunlop's (they still had 3.2mm on them when changed)

Check the maunfacturing date on the Dunlops and if it's within 5 years, you may be up for a similar refund/allowance.  I've only just changed mine and all 4 tyres are going back to Dunlop as their technical guy reckons that I've got a good chance of receiving an allowance based on the still unused tread depth.  I'm advised that it can take up to 28 days so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Gosh I wish I had 16 inch wheels.

My second hand Octavia came with 18 inch wheels, Fitting Michelin CC+ was £110 per corner!

Fitted them October last year, was done at similar time as DSG oil change, so I'm hoping next big spend on the car won't come for the next 40k miles.

14 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

My second hand Octavia came with 18 inch wheels, Fitting Michelin CC+ was £110 per corner!

Fitted them October last year, was done at similar time as DSG oil change, so I'm hoping next big spend on the car won't come for the next 40k miles.

Lol I had bigger wheels on my mini!

more expensive too at £90 a corner for Coopers! :o

still I'm happy with my little alloys on a big car

31 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

Probably fit those in about 18 months to my winter 18" alloys to replace the current P Zero's which I bought in 2016 for just £75 each. Although they are pretty hopeless on snow they will have lasted 4 winters so £75 per year not too shabby.:thumbup:

It's a shame you're not a Costco member, I got my 2 Michelin cross climate 225/45 R17's fitted for £157.17 as they had a £25 discount on a pair of Michelin tyres fitted at the time. There is quite often deals on at Costco :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

It's a shame you're not a Costco member, I got my 2 Michelin cross climate 225/45 R17's fitted for £157.17 as they had a £25 discount on a pair of Michelin tyres fitted at the time. There is quite often deals on at Costco :thumbup:

It's no use ATM the deal this 3 weeks is on Goodyear tyres

I got the CrossClimate+ xls on this morning and gotta say wow! What a difference! They are VERY comfortable tyres, and you feel safe sticking to the road 

im £336 worse off for 4, but worth it imo :thumbup:

Edited by Mee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 17/02/2019 at 17:05, Griffter said:

Check the maunfacturing date on the Dunlops and if it's within 5 years, you may be up for a similar refund/allowance.  I've only just changed mine and all 4 tyres are going back to Dunlop as their technical guy reckons that I've got a good chance of receiving an allowance based on the still unused tread depth.  I'm advised that it can take up to 28 days so I'm not holding my breath just yet.

Eventually I received a letter from Goodyear Dunlop saying that they were making a dealer allowance for the unused tread on all four tyres (ranging from 40-75%) and sending it to the tyre centre (F1 Tyres Cheltenham).  So now I've got to find the way to get the cash rather than a credit as I've already bought the new tyres.  I must say that the Michelin Cross Climate tyres are excellent - good grip, handling and quiet - result, now I just need the cash!