Tsi/tfsi help.

Sorry I bet this has been asked a million times but I have a 2010 facelift petrol vrs. It says tsi under the bonnet but I'm being told it's actually a tfsi. Is this true before I forkout for an expensive exhaust that won't fit lol 

Is it a ihi turbo or a k03?

If you enter your VIN here you can at least find out what spec the vehicle had as new.

You could also check the engine number against your V5.

Edited by StickyMicky

in all probability  its a tsi , if the dipstick is at the front left its tfsi . it its on the left hand side its a tsi  and they have an IHI turbo 

• Like 2

Guys come on, TSI and TFSI is the same engine - It's just how VW/Audi and Skoda uses the abbreviation.

Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection. And I believe this car has the K03 (but double check).

48 minutes ago, vonbeck said:

in all probability  its a tsi , if the dipstick is at the front left its tfsi . it its on the left hand side its a tsi  and they have an IHI turbo 

It's in the bottom left side if that helps lol 

received_2063465983945321.jpeg

8 hours ago, BGB said:

Guys come on, TSI and TFSI is the same engine - It's just how VW/Audi and Skoda uses the abbreviation.

Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection. And I believe this car has the K03 (but double check).

No it isn't.

TFSI was the initialsim Skoda gave for the timing belt version.

TSI was for the timing chain version EA888 block

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brad1.8T said:

TSI was for the timing chain version EA888 block

This is not correct.

The EA888 (both 1.8 and 2.0) is used longitudinal and transverse in different Audis under the abbreviation TFSI.

On 15/03/2019 at 18:45, Benhomer737 said:

It's in the bottom left side if that helps lol 

received_2063465983945321.jpeg

It ain't the same as my BWA, my dipstick is at the front! Also my timing belt cover is "squared off" not curved (assuming that the chain on the later engines sits inside the cover by your dipstick!)

On 16/03/2019 at 18:28, BGB said:

This is not correct.

The EA888 (both 1.8 and 2.0) is used longitudinal and transverse in different Audis under the abbreviation TFSI.

If this was an Audi forum that's a fair observation as Audi appear to use TFSI interchangeably.

As this is a Skoda forum TSI applies to the timing chain EA888 blocks and TFSI applies to the older timing belt  EA113 (?? I think that's the code)