did anyone succeed in getting the A out of ACC ??

Odd I've never had any erratic behaviour from it, in fact very far from it, always easy to use and makes a longer distance drive almost pleasurable.

Great for avoiding speeding tickets in average speed camera zones.

• Like 1

I find ACC excellent, I'd never buy another car without it. In fact, I specifically bought this Skoda due to it was the cheapest ACC equipped car at the time.

Key is to find another car that drives smoothly, the other car must not brake for no reason or speed up if they feel like it. Set speed more than the other car and simply let ACC follow. As long as the car you are following is sensible, your car will be sensible.

As I always say, if fuel cost worries you, drive an EV. I've cut my commute cost from £8 a day in a 45mpg diesel Mercedes to £6 a day in 55mpg Skoda, right down to less than £2 a day in an EV.

42 minutes ago, nitro2 said:

i am not happy with the ACC , and would like to get back to good-old CC .

- acc gives bloody erratic driving experience , AND costs me about 6 km per litre in fuel economy 

Is there a way to do that ??

Unfortunately no.

But if you have the speed limiter as well (button under the stalk) you can switch to this mode, but you'll need to hold the throttle down half way to simulate cc.

fuel cost is cost over cc version !!   so acc is not as economic as cc ( that is the dealers selling point !! ) 

the problem is that the acc switches too frequent ( on dash you can see bright white vs white indicator ) .

and it goes into full brake  in the middle of the night at a empty high way ......................or when a vehicle overtakes or leaves the motorway ( as i had with the brakeassist on my previous octy ) .

clearly vag has used that old design .

Mine doesn't do that, you must have a faulty car. As WYX087 stated if you are that worried about your fuel consumption then you have bought the wrong sort of vehicle. 

My RS is returning a good 32mpg on short trips and 44 on longer ones. 

28 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Mine doesn't do that, you must have a faulty car. As WYX087 stated if you are that worried about your fuel consumption then you have bought the wrong sort of vehicle. 

My RS is returning a good 32mpg on short trips and 44 on longer ones. 

5 hours ago, wyx087 said:

I find ACC excellent, I'd never buy another car without it. In fact, I specifically bought this Skoda due to it was the cheapest ACC equipped car at the time.

Key is to find another car that drives smoothly, the other car must not brake for no reason or speed up if they feel like it. Set speed more than the other car and simply let ACC follow. As long as the car you are following is sensible, your car will be sensible.

As I always say, if fuel cost worries you, drive an EV. I've cut my commute cost from £8 a day in a 45mpg diesel Mercedes to £6 a day in 55mpg Skoda, right down to less than £2 a day in an EV.

I agree with both the above and find ACC a real pleasure to use, CC means constant manual adjustment. I did experience a sudden night time braking for no apparent reason, that was until a few seconds later when I noticed a pedal cyclist with no lights (There's a surprise!) The car 'saw' him before I did as he was dressed in black!

If it's as bad as you say, and I'm not saying it's not true, I would certainly get the dealer to check it out. I for one would never have a car without this function.

Edited by ajw1100
Grammer

6 hours ago, nitro2 said:

AND costs me about 6 km per litre in fuel economy 

How can you be sure of this? Surely unless you were previously driving exactly the same car you can’t directly compare?

It might be different to what you get with your foot doing the work but normal CC would be different too. 

9 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Great for avoiding speeding tickets in average speed camera zones.

So does normal CC.

I'm with OP, I hate ACC with a passion and would love to have normal CC again - at least then I know exactly what the car is thinking and what speed I'm doing. Will ACC use more fuel that normal CC - in theory yes, because the car is constantly decelerating / accelerating according to the road ahead.

example: traveling on dual carriageway inside lane doing 70mph - the car in front starts to slow but you don't realise it because your car is keeping the same distance apart - you only realise you're going slower when cars in the outside lane start to pass. So you indicate, move over to the outside lane and the car accelerates. Not good for fuel economy, but the difference will be minimal. (To make the situation worse, ACC accelerates faster than I would if I were in control).  With normal CC, I know when the car in front slows because the distance reduces, I simply indicate and pass -  Constant speed is better for fuel economy.

Which brings me on to another problem with ACC - you indicate to pass the car but for some reason don't go in to the other lane (may be a car in blind spot or the car in the outside lane is approaching too fast) - but once the radar has lost the car in front, it won't pick up it up again - I'm sure it must be a design flaw.   Your brain is telling you ACC will keep the set distance and before you know it, you're heading in to the car in front. I've been caught out several times by this in both my SEAT and my Skoda. I prefer to know what the car is doing rather than try to 2nd guess what ACC is doing. 

Where I differ from OP is the extra cost in fuel economy - how can anyone possibly calculate such a figure?  You'd have to be driving the exact same model/specifiaction of car, at the exact same time to account for the road conditions, weather conditions, traffic - and you'd need to do it over many, many miles.  That 6km/l figure is fake news. It's a "dealers selling point"?  Only salespeople could come up with such crap.

fuel economy is compared my previous  2 cc cars and 250k km , daily route averaged out over many years.

Acc care is consuming more ( and the reason is Obvious ) .

btw has any ever drive BEHIND an Acc car ??  it drives you mad with the braking lights coming up every 1-2 seconds    ( i do drive behind my car twice a week ;- )      )

and indeed it brakes ( sometimes rather strong ) when the car in front takes an  exit , OR when you are overtaken by another vehicle which will be measured wrong resulting in the acc going haywire  .

as a conclusion , Acc is great when driving on an empty  german autobahn at 200 kmph in a straight line  ( which my octy can not even do ) .

-----------------------------

but , that was not the question ………………...can the A be taken out of Acc ( as that radar "thing"is a simple add-on to CC ) 

11 minutes ago, nitro2 said:

but , that was not the question ………………...can the A be taken out of Acc ( as that radar "thing"is a simple add-on to CC ) 

You could try turning front assist off (in infotainment settings, see below), just be aware this may have serious consequences.

11 hours ago, Scot5 said:

(To make the situation worse, ACC accelerates faster than I would if I were in control). 

You can change the ACC mode in the infotainment screen to make it less aggressive, I initially felt the same that it accelerated too fast so I changed the setting in Individual mode and it's much more like I would accelerate now.

7 hours ago, nitro2 said:

fuel economy is compared my previous  2 cc cars and 250k km , daily route averaged out over many years.

Acc care is consuming more ( and the reason is Obvious ) .

I get that but as I tried to say before unless it’s the same car with the same engine it’s not really a good comparison. 

• Like 1

got it , 

the cars spec , gearbox and engine is the same ( even the color ) 

i get a better economy in the morning ( 06:30 ) , and slightly less in the evening which is due to denser traffic but that is normal .

when switching on the acc is see a 6km/ltr decline in economy , and that is becouse of the above mentioned reasons.

Hence my question to take the A out of it .

The dealer squeeged me in for a one hour session next week ( including coffee ) .

i wonder what they conclude .

scanned my car this afternoon , and only 5 dtc's are present none of them related to engine or gearbox issue's .

thanks for all reactions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nitro2 said:

scanned my car this afternoon , and only 5 dtc's are present none of them related to engine or gearbox issue's .

It would be interesting if you could post the DTCs here...

the dtc's are not related to this post 

B121F 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus ( led mounted but not adapted  )

B1220 15 [008] - Open or Short to Plus                  "                        "

C110B F0 [008] - Limited Visibility ( snow )

U11B8 00 [008] - No Communications  ( iPhone connected ) 

B1630 02 [008] - Signal Failure …...

B1366 29 [008] - Signal Implausible ( frozen windscreen )

Edited by nitro2

13 hours ago, nitro2 said:

as a conclusion , Acc is great when driving on an empty  german autobahn at 200 kmph in a straight line  ( which my octy can not even do ) .

That's when ordinary CC works well. On a busy British motorway ordinary CC is pretty useless (it's what I have) and that's when you need ACC.

Have you tried adjusting the settings to increase the distance to the car in front and reduce how aggressively it tries to keep up?

• Like 1

The only things I dislike about my ACC, is how big it's cojones are when it comes to when it decides to start slowing down and the fact that unlike previous versions on equipped VW cars, when you indicate, that it starts accelerating for you.

My car simply stays the same speed until it can't see the car in front anymore and then starts to accelerate. 

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:42, nitro2 said:

the problem is that the acc switches too frequent ( on dash you can see bright white vs white indicator ) .

Bright white means it's on. Dim white means it isn't actively controlling the car's speed, either because you are on the accelerator or some other reason.

The symbol will be different between ACC driving without car in front (thus no different to CC) and ACC detected car in front.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:53, Scot5 said:

(To make the situation worse, ACC accelerates faster than I would if I were in control). 

Have you tried setting ACC mode to Eco mode? It slows down and speeds up more gradually. Might also solve fuel eco complain for nitro2.

I drive with ACC in Eco mode all the time. I find it accelerates slower than what I usually drive, but I slow down slower. So it's a good, safe middle ground.

• Like 1

As we are all in for a good laugh ;

the dealer diagnosed my car ………………….( this process took about 5 minutes without driving it and they even did not start the engine ) 

and as expected could not find any problems ( as was the situation with my 2 previous octy's ) , they have forwarded the problems to skoda ……………….( as they did with all problems before ) .

the higher fuel consumption was  "normal " as "now your car has become intelligent and more safe to drive " 

needless to say the behavior is still the same .

is there any electronic wizard on the forum who can assist ??