Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDKW but I just remembered a time when I was a YTS apprentice as an HGV mechanic and a DAF truck came in with an issue with its rear drive. After a day or so it was deemed to be a bad wheel in the differential.

The bloke I was being trained by said in a very Brummie accent 'it's got a duff DAF diff that as'! 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I was a YTS apprentice as an HGV mechanic

A bit of a career change from a 'duff DAF diff' fixer to a 'stroppy strowger' sorter ...

37 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

A bit of a career change from a 'duff DAF diff' fixer to a 'stroppy strowger' sorter ...

Not sure what you're getting at tbh. 

I've seen Strowger frames but never worked on them. Old tech. Electro mechanical I believe. Like some diffs. Even duff DAF ones. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, @Lee said:

Not sure what you're getting at tbh. 

I've seen Strowger frames but never worked on them. Old tech. Electro mechanical I believe. Like some diffs. Even duff DAF ones. 

It was intended to be a humorous aside in relation to the counterpoint of your career development from mechanic to (as I understand it) telecomms engineer.  Obviously, it didn't work 😞

Edited by MikeTheThinker
typo
  • Like 1
  • Groan 1

TFTD Wednesday: The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron. - Phyllis Diller

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

Mrs Gaz has tickets for both Keane and Take That up there next week and still doesn't know whether to go or not.  There's a train strike on the day she needs to come home too.  Doesn't bode well 😐

• Sad 2
  • Crying 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

IYKYK 

image.thumb.jpeg.9fa8428fb1a79d23452201f90867552c.jpeg

Anything to do with toad in the hole? :)

TFTD Thursday: When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong. - Arthur C. Clarke

• Like 1

Still living rent free though!

• Groan 1

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Still living rent free though!

Not at all. I saw it, saw the irony and relayed it. Johnson however has lived rent free on other people's money his whole life. He's a bum. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, @Lee said:

Johnson however has lived rent free on other people's money

Now that is what I call irony! 🤣

Definitely what made me chuckle today!

Edited by J.R.

On 01/05/2024 at 03:03, MikeTheThinker said:

It was intended to be a humorous aside in relation to the counterpoint of your career development from mechanic to (as I understand it) telecomms engineer.  Obviously, it didn't work 😞

I saw what you did Mike 👍

20 hours ago, Gaz said:

Take That up there

One assumes this will be an eyewatering performance?

• Haha 2
  • Cheeky 1

TFTD Friday: The day I made that statement, about the inventing the internet, I was tired because I'd been up all night inventing the Camcorder. - Al Gore

7 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

One assumes this will be an eyewatering performance?

It's in Manchester, nowhere near Brighton's sausage shop! 🫣

Keane have postponed, Take That Up There have relocated to the AO Arena.  Mrs Gaz is at pilates at the mo', but will ring her mates later this morning to make a decision about what to do.  My five days of peace and quiet/doing whatever I want have a sense of jeopardy looming over them :worried:

Gaz

• Haha 2
  • Cheeky 1