What did you do to your Octavia today?

Post anything from changing a Light Bulb to fitting Coilovers to just a quick Wash.

So let me start

Fitted the new Columbus MIB 2.5 from a 2018 Octavia (with sim, WiFi, hotspot, 3D maps, Higher resolution, Video in Motion) and the 9.2" screen. The main reason for this is so i can retrofit the Virtual cockpit. But the screen is a lot bigger and looks really clean now. I have the bonus of linking the Blackvue 900s dash cam to the WiFi permanently so it now acts like a tracker with voice directly from my phone app.

20190418_202722.jpg

20190418_202739.jpg

20190418_212229.jpg

once the VC is fitted i'll reroute the charger wires behind the dash as it looks messy at the moment.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 2

Similar idea but last week:

Updated to a mib2 Amundsen from mib1 Amundsen. Standard 6.5 screen for now until I can afford to upgrade to a Columbus 8inch.

Also recently had bilstien b6 installed on standard springs which has made a huge difference.

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

Post anything from changing a Light Bulb to fitting Coilovers to just a quick Wash.

So let me start

Fitted the new Columbus MIB 2.5 from a 2018 Octavia (with sim, WiFi, hotspot, 3D maps, Higher resolution, Video in Motion) and the 9.2" screen. The main reason for this is so i can retrofit the Virtual cockpit. But the screen is a lot bigger and looks really clean now. I have the bonus of linking the Blackvue 900s dash cam to the WiFi permanently so it now acts like a tracker with voice directly from my phone app.

20190418_202722.jpg

20190418_202739.jpg

20190418_212229.jpg

once the VC is fitted i'll reroute the charger wires behind the dash as it looks messy at the moment.

@JohnnyType2 this is very tasty! How seamless is the swap though? What about differences in hardware on the car and it hooking up to the MFD etc? I'm not sure how much changed in the 2018 Octy. 

5 minutes ago, JKD said:

@JohnnyType2 this is very tasty! How seamless is the swap though? What about differences in hardware on the car and it hooking up to the MFD etc? I'm not sure how much changed in the 2018 Octy. 

It’s quite easy if you know the right people. It all works as it should from factory, no issues at all. I’ve been running the same system in my 2014 Octy since Jan to match my VC and I love it! You will need to have access to a scanner to scan the car and send the coding to your installer. I always recommend Pawel (pab567) and he is the MIB whisperer.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

It’s quite easy if you know the right people. It all works as it should from factory, no issues at all. I’ve been running the same system in my 2014 Octy since Jan to match my VC and I love it! You will need to have access to a scanner to scan the car and send the coding to your installer. I always recommend Pawel (pab567) and he is the MIB whisperer.

same here had it done by Pawel

All the bits needed for retrofitting powerfold wing mirrors with puddle lights have arrived today (excuse the children's playdoh table cover in the photo). Thanks to @SashaGrace for her excellent write up on how to do so.

I've gone for the Golf Mk7 door modules (5Q4959592E & 5Q4959593E) which I hope will allow the memory on mirror dip with OBD11 coding.

20190419_223323_resized.thumb.jpg.e60bd879ee4da86db260e61f05e1b4e9.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

What difference do they make? 

If you are after more comfort then it's not the way to go. Loads more body control though. Makes the whole car more drivable with less body roll, less dive under braking and it holds it line round bumpy corners. Also more composed at cruising speed. 

One area where it has improved my daily experience is speed bumps. We have quite a few o the large across the road type and it makes them far less jarring. Still have to slow down though :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Gave my VRS a wash today...

Wheels with AutoBrite Brite wheels, wheel woolies and detail factory brushes. Tyres scrubbed with Adams Tyre and Rubber Cleaner

Prewash with ODK Brakedown

Foam with Adams Ultra Foam

Wash with Adams Car Shampoo and Microfibre madness mitt

Dried using Waxaddict towel

QD wipedown with Adams Detail Spray

Glass cleaned with Gyeon Glass

Glass sealant topped up with Bouncers Drop N Roll

My wife’s Fiat 500 got the same treatment too 

25 minutes ago, SimonD316 said:

Gave my VRS a wash today...

Wheels with AutoBrite Brite wheels, wheel woolies and detail factory brushes. Tyres scrubbed with Adams Tyre and Rubber Cleaner

Prewash with ODK Brakedown

Foam with Adams Ultra Foam

Wash with Adams Car Shampoo and Microfibre madness mitt

Dried using Waxaddict towel

QD wipedown with Adams Detail Spray

Glass cleaned with Gyeon Glass

Glass sealant topped up with Bouncers Drop N Roll

My wife’s Fiat 500 got the same treatment too 

Blimey, long day?? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SimonD316 said:

Started about 2ish, had soccer school

this morning :happy:

Bit shattered now though, looking forward to one or two cold ones

Well deserved beers I’m sure!! Enjoy buddy. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

what are the roads like up there in the artic? :tongueout:

Some roads are good, some have more holes than road :D but than it's usually gravel roads.
In cities roads tend to be worse than outside.
Yesterday it was quite a lot of 120/110 kmh motorways 2 lanes each direction. Since the police is nowhere to be seen my speed is mostly +30 kmh on that.

Than I went on some A roads where speed limits differ between 70-90 kmh Here you need to watch for fixed speed cameras. We don't have as you in UK avg speed between cameras so only need to slowdown at the camera.

Not to much traffic, otherwise I would have driven slower.