Long brake pedal travel after new brakes?

Just had new discs and pads all around and two rear calipers. There is way more free travel in the brake pedal than before and it feels a bit spongey. Is this just them bedding in, or is there an issue?

Cheers

Sounds like the brakes haven’t been bled properly after fitting the rear calipers. Take it back to however did the work for you or if you did it yourself then bleed them again. VW don’t use the traditional furthest from the master cylinder to nearest. I can’t remember the specific order but do a search on here for the details. 

If the new pads are not contacting the discs at the perfect angle and /or are a bit rough, it can make the brake feel a bit spongy until bedded in. On the other hand, a bit of air in the system is also a possibility. 

Bleeding sequence

1 -Front left brake caliper

2 -Front right brake caliper

3 -Rear left brake caliper

4 -Rear right brake caliper

As above if they let the fluid levels drop too low then you need VCDS/Diagnostics to put the ABS into "service" mode to properly bleed the air out

7 hours ago, gman88667733 said:

Am going to drive it for a day or two and see if it improves at all. If not then they are having it back to re-bleed them

I would give it few more days until the pads have fully bedded in as mine felt the same when I had new pads fitted and felt fine after a week

Your photo of the discs don't look right to me , If the pads are fully in contact  with the discs then they should look evenly marked over the full face ,. Either wrong pads, too wide and the edge catching on the disc hub,  or right pads jamming someway as they don't seem in contact with the inner face  of the disc. If they  were  just were needing bled then it would show mark over the whole disc face.