Perforated Seats - are these Heated or Ventilated ?

Looking to purchase another Superb and sometimes the dealers descriptions leave a lot to be desired. Where the advert describes 'Perforated Leather seats' does this mean they are heated or ventilated. It's the L&K model I'm looking at.

My old ones weren't perforated (just heated). 

In L&K guise they are certainly heated and I believe they are cooled but not certain. To confirm the cooling there should be a switch on the front right side of the plastic part of the seat squab for the driver and front left side for the passenger (RHD cars).

The switch is the same one used for the heated seats, which is on the HVAC panel (not on the seats)

If they are perforated then they are ventilated and heated.

1347290324_ScreenShot2019-05-29at18_12_01.thumb.png.3ebf6916bcc65324a7faf54ba638fb76.png

Edited by Gizmo

14 hours ago, Danny 57 said:

In L&K guise they are certainly heated and I believe they are cooled but not certain. To confirm the cooling there should be a switch on the front right side of the plastic part of the seat squab for the driver and front left side for the passenger (RHD cars).

On my Dec 2017 L&K the ventilation aspect was a chargeable option.

I seem to recall that later cars had it as standard but that might be wrong! :thinking:

Edited by john999boy
Typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RicardoM said:

Any disadvantage of having perforated seats? Like dirt/water going in?

If you're incontinent there might be 'issues'. 😉

• Haha 1

Speaking from your personal experience? Because I was referring to inevitable liquid spills like water, cola, coffee, juice, etc. that combined with dust/dirt will create a mess deep inside the seats.🤮

2 hours ago, Derek_Mac said:

If you're incontinent there might be 'issues'. 😉

11 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

Speaking from your personal experience? 

Given @Derek_Mac's exploits earlier (see the picture thread) I suspect he might be!:D

• Haha 1

The ventilated seat are an option on the L&K in Ireland.

My 2016 L&K has them and my Volvo S80 had them before it. If you spend all day in a car it's one of the most valuable creature comforts you can have.

5 hours ago, RicardoM said:

Speaking from your personal experience? Because I was referring to inevitable liquid spills like water, cola, coffee, juice, etc. that combined with dust/dirt will create a mess deep inside the seats.🤮

I can only apologize for your inability to recognise a humourous comment. :)

If my comment had been serious I would not have included a smiley.

My humble apologies if I offended your sensibilities.

Why would the spills be inevitable?

Edited by Derek_Mac
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Given @Derek_Mac's exploits earlier (see the picture thread) I suspect he might be!:D

Nah, it was all solids and they didn't escape my underwear. 😃

• Haha 1

On 30/05/2019 at 00:43, RicardoM said:

Any disadvantage of having perforated seats? Like dirt/water going in?

Yes.  If you spill something on them the leather around the holes expands and so is very noticeable. Dog sick on seat of my car. I'd only had it for three weeks.  The dog managed to miss the cover and blanket put on tge seat to protect it.  Main part cleaned straight away which was fine.  Much YouTube on how to clean and it's all sorted now but took forever.  Had to use those mini tooth plaque removal brushes on every perforation to get the holes showing again. 

• Like 1