Car mats upgrade

If I missed one thing about the  previous 5 series it was the car mats, lovely, deep cut pile units. The Skoda Matt's are very average. So ordered a premier set from carmats UK, hoping they would be better, being a bit skeptical about fit. Online reviews were good so rolled the dice.

Well I am delighted with them, deeper cut pile, very substantial, and the fit and cut is 100%, press down fittings are perfect too. At €40 with free delivery they are far better, and cheaper than Skoda mats. Also no Superb name which j always thought was a bit tacky.

Would highly recommend.

• Like 1

That’s useful - I think you’re being very kind to the Skoda matts saying that they’re “very average”...and I’ve supposedly got better quality matts in the L &K.

will look into the matts you’ve got 👍, thanks for the heads-up

Fyi this is the same place I bought mine from 2 years ago

Good quality and have stood the test of time. They were not ultra deep pile but we're on par if not slightly better than what's in my bosses Audi A8

I also have a set of rubber ones from the same place which were dirty cheap (£18 I think with delivery) and they are absolutely fine for their intended purpose and fit well 

For my partners Tiguan we ordered from 

https://www.prestigecarmatcompany.co.uk/product-category/skoda-car-mats/skoda-superb-car-mats

Another good choice 

I'd never specify car mats as an option

I'd probably replace the stock ones anyway

They are definitely not pet hair resistant like some websites claim ..lol 

5 hours ago, FatWolfie said:

That’s useful - I think you’re being very kind to the Skoda matts saying that they’re “very average”...and I’ve supposedly got better quality matts in the L &K.

will look into the matts you’ve got 👍, thanks for the heads-up

On my previous Superb MK2, I had to change the matt after 70000 km (~43500 ml) I bought new ones by my local dealer. The new set only lasted 30000 (~16550 ml) 😵

I ordered then a 3rd set before selling the car some months later 🙄)

On my current Superb MK3 (L&K), I only have 28700 km (~ 17700 ml) at this time, but I already know, that they won't hold beyond 35000 km (21750 ml). Hole is not far where the right heel rests.  Very disapointing Quality regress! 🤬

I always go with factory rubber mats and put the carpet ones back in when I sell a car.

Are you guys driving with bare feet or something? :)

There's something nice about rubber, knowing you don't care about wet or muddy feet. Vacuum them weekly, wash with soap and hose them off occasionally.

The Skoda OEM rubber mats are excellent, the rear even come with a cover for the prop-shaft tunnel.

Edited by digifish
  • Like 2

On 13/06/2019 at 20:43, Steviedakota said:

I went for 950gm Exclusive as it is cut pile, the 1500gm is twist pile.

Can you post a link to the ones you bought please.  Is there a Euro version of the site or do I have to go through the UK site and be raped by PayPal !!!

The link above is correct, I incorrectly described them as Premier in my original post, they are the Exclusive version.

On 13/06/2019 at 20:43, Steviedakota said:

I went for 950gm Exclusive as it is cut pile, the 1500gm is twist pile.

Yes, those are them.

2 hours ago, k.young said:

Can you post a link to the ones you bought please.  Is there a Euro version of the site or do I have to go through the UK site and be raped by PayPal !!!

I actually placed an order with www.simplycarmats.co.uk, as I have used them before on my previous Superbs, and they deliver to Ireland, and can quote prices in Euros, and have quite a range available.

• 6 months later...

Just looking to order some of these and in the options I get a choice of "Full Set (4 piece)" or "Car mats and boot mat".  Has anyone got the boot mat and think it's worthwhile ?

Thanks

On 14/06/2019 at 01:13, digifish said:

I always go with factory rubber mats and put the carpet ones back in when I sell a car.

There's something nice about rubber, knowing you don't care about wet or muddy feet. Vacuum them weekly, wash with soap and hose them off occasionally.

The Skoda OEM rubber mats are excellent, the rear even come with a cover for the prop-shaft tunnel.

This ..

54 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

This ..

That again ^ 

Got my Skoda rubber mats courtesy of the dealership when I got the car last February and the carpet ones have been in my storage since then. Plan was to put them on come spring time but they are just a pain you know where. Even if I only entered the vehicle wearing socks :o you can't do anything about your passengers. And I certainly can't just throw them out, pressure wash them, leave them for a couple of hours and put them back on as I do every now and then with the rubber ones.

• Like 2

On 14/06/2019 at 02:13, digifish said:

I fully agree. One thing to add... You don't feel desperate when kids get into the car with dirty shoes... 😉

• Like 2