Virtual cockpit - change default view?

57 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I got a better display 

What do you mean? Replaced it with a new one but same type? Replaced it with another type of another technology and resolution?

Was it just a matter of configuration that you hadn't idea it existed?

Because you were bickering hard about "poor Skoda quality", "struggling to keep up with competition" etc etc

1 minute ago, RicardoM said:

What do you mean? Replaced it with a new one but same type? Replaced it with another type of another technology and resolution?

Was it just a matter of configuration that you hadn't idea it existed?

Because you were bickering hard about "poor Skoda quality", "struggling to keep up with competition" etc etc

Oh dear look whose parachuted in. Someone please call wino for a witty response.:kiss:

5 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I take it that was an attempt at sarcasm... The screen resolution is poor and so the clarity and crispness of the fonts/characters will also be poor.

This is a putrid and hurried attempt to catch up with the competition. If you're satisfied with it, then you really are easily pleased, I am not, it's a low end screen and the implementation of what could be an excellent bit of kit is rubbish compared to Peugeot and such like.

no no attempt at all, ive sat in a few different marques with VC and the difference between skoda and some of the others is negligible for the money theres certainly nothing to complain about. like i said im impressed with mine in comparison.

Im confused now... did you swap out a bad display for a new one? :thinking: 

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Oh dear look whose parachuted in. Someone please call wino for a witty response.:kiss:

What is your problem? Mind your business.

3 hours ago, RicardoM said:

What is your problem? Mind your business.

The same can be said for you too. So unless you have anything pleasant or pertinent to this please leave.

Further trolling will result in the post being reported.

6 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

The same can be said for you too. So unless you have anything pleasant or pertinent to this please leave.

Further trolling will result in the post being reported.

Took inspiration from the blue on your screen yesterday to change my ambient lighting to one of the two shades available and I really quite like it so thanks for the idea TheWanderer.:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the numpty questions but you could do this with an OBD tool? What hardware/software is needed and is there a guide somewhere on Briskoda? I've tried a search but didn't come up with much (apart from lots on VCDS).

I believe you can do this in OBDeleven. Worth downloading the free app to have a look as there are the one click apps - put your vehicle in and you can see what’s available. You can do the long coding too, which as I understand works in basically the same way as VCDS. 

I use iPhone so I’m just waiting fir them to release the new single which works with iOS, but if you’re android you’re already set. 

2 hours ago, maffyou said:

I believe you can do this in OBDeleven. Worth downloading the free app to have a look as there are the one click apps - put your vehicle in and you can see what’s available. You can do the long coding too, which as I understand works in basically the same way as VCDS. 

I use iPhone so I’m just waiting fir them to release the new single which works with iOS, but if you’re android you’re already set. 

Don't need to worry about long coding it's in the Adaptation menu.

No security codes etc. needed.

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

Also found another adaptation second_digital_speedo don't know what it does but doesn't seem to work for me.

The one thing I would like is the clock to appear on the screen with the single all in one display that's the one with rev counter on the outside gear and speed in the centre, I miss it.

8 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Also found another adaptation second_digital_speedo don't know what it does but doesn't seem to work for me.

The one thing I would like is the clock to appear on the screen with the single all in one display that's the one with rev counter on the outside gear and speed in the centre, I miss it.

It won’t as the rev dial is bigger and goes into the top section where the clock would be. I have TSR enabled so most of the time I have the road sign up there anyway but now I have the new Gateway sorted I tend to have the speed sign in the left dial and the clock at the top :)

16 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

It won’t as the rev dial is bigger and goes into the top section where the clock would be. I have TSR enabled so most of the time I have the road sign up there anyway but now I have the new Gateway sorted I tend to have the speed sign in the left dial and the clock at the top :)

Could you explain that please?

New gateway? I'm trying to enable the traffic sign recognition system through obd-eleven, but not sure  what things to adjust and the settings required.

Also do you know how to eradicate the static voltage too high fault? 

Thanks very much.

Edited by TheWanderer

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Could you explain that please?

New gateway? I'm trying to enable the traffic sign recognition system through obd-eleven, but not sure  what things to adjust and the settings required.

Thanks very much.

As my VC is retrofit into my MY14 car I needed a 3Q0 Gateway to get it all working correctly. I have the instructions for MY19 TSR around somewhere. I’ll find them and copy them over. Which module is the fault in?

3 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

It means that you have a consumer on the car when it's turned off, like alarm, POV camera, etc.

Mine appeared when added alarm to the car, now I have disabled the alarm (temporarily) to install VC, and fault cleared. MOnday I will be adding back the Alarm and probably the fault :).

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I'm sorry but I don't own a mobile phone, love Mickey.

image.jpg

You're always taking the Mickey.... I see you're in the photo 3rd from left. 😄

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

You're always taking the Mickey.... I see you're in the photo 3rd from left. 😄

Dopey went to a good home like the rest of my mates. If you didn't know I work for DISNEY so I am quite popular around Birthday's and Xmas time. No idea why but the wife has quite a Collection after just 3 years.:thumbup:

9 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I have coded this into an MY19 the other week, works perfectly :)

00018E92-284C-41F3-8017-A5E428700A28.thumb.png.ea5ef56dbe12529054fca8b47a6a6740.png

Sorry for being a bit thick but what's STG A5 & STG A17?

I'm guessing that the above is for VCDS and not OBD11? As I can't find Codierung or the Byte bits on OBD11.

A5 is the lane assist camera and 17 is instruments.

So you would start in 5F Infotainment, go to Adaptations, scroll to Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2, then in there scroll to 0x21 traffic sign recognition and so on :)

for A5 and 17 you are changing long coding and the long code helper should show you what has been altered.

• Thanks 1