Slow factory orders

jinxgj

19 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

So 9 weeks after order 150 TDI L&K 4x4 DSG... still no confirmed build date.

I chatted on Saturday and they asked me to get back in touch today - so they could speak with Brand Support

Below (edited - to make it easier to read - no content changed)

Joel Hi, Simon. My name's Joel, here to assist you today. I'm glad to hear that you've come through to us to ask for an update on your order.

Simon Hi Joel - please check chat logs from last week and you will see that I was asked to get back in touch today and you would investigate further

Joel I'm more than happy to do so. Please give me a few moments and I'll take a look for you.

Joel Thanks for waiting, Simon. Just to make you aware that I'm contacting Brand Support to assist in investigating this order.

Simon OK - THANKS

Thanks for waiting, Simon. I've taken a look for you and spoke with the Brand Support team who have advised that the combination on the L&K trim level and the engine that you've chosen has a 4 week delay. I am sorry to say. The best option would be to check back with us in two weeks time to see if there are any updates on your order, on a weekday, so that we can contact Brand Support to check this again. I am sorry for the delay and for any inconvenience caused,

Simon. So what about the 190 Diesel Engine - is that still on big delay - when I ordered it was 11/12 weeks for 150 and 25 for the 190 TDI

Joel - Simon is it still an additional 12 to 14 weeks longer than the 150 TDI?

Joel The 190 PS has a lead time of 25+ weeks and so does the 150 PS of the same specifications (4x4 DSG). This is for if you were to order a new vehicle today, however.

So for those of you waiting or about to order Diesel L&K expect a wait...

So in my case - Estimated 4 week delay is not that bad ....

25 weeks!!!!!!

Gee, I'd better order my new car now for April delivery when the current one gets returned.

Crazy.

Will start asking dealers soon.

9 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

25 weeks!!!!!!

Gee, I'd better order my new car now for April delivery when the current one gets returned.

Crazy.

Will start asking dealers soon.

It says 25+ (not exactly 25) so might be nearer 30 weeks (so might be May rather than April), or might be even longer as giving open ended week count rather than a range with a maximum.

This is a big concern for me, all this WTO tariff potential and brexit no deal malarky.  I'm in the final stages for submitting an order for a SE L 4x4 150 TDI on a PCH, the payments are confirmed but not including any tariff or VED increases.

In this instance Skoda themselves purchase the car and are owners, and I pay them on PCH (lease) to pootle around in it.  If the car's list price is £35k, and after some extra no deal 10% tariff is added it'll be nearer £38.5k.

From experience I won't sign the formal Skoda finance agreement until March when the car is built with a VIN/Reg number, but if there is a WTO tariff that they'll want to hand on to me I'm guessing rather than absorb it themselves (additional £3500 in payment, no thanks) - I'll just tell them I don't want it and just loose a small admin fee from the lease broker.

I've not paid broker fee yet so I'm weighing up risking the small fee to get this car on lease or tell them to shove it and extend my current Oct VRS245 lease another year until Brexit is hopefully finalised.  Wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation and has any info from their dealer/broker/Skoda?

I'll post any info I get back from my broker.

I'd price up extending your PCH on the Octavia vRS first. Skoda Finance often massively inflate the monthly payments once the original term finishes.

Unless the Kodiaq is on order and has been delayed, it is unlikely they'll honour your current monthly payments.

It doesn't usually make sense to add factory options to a lease car, so is there any reason why you aren't looking to lease a car already in stock / in the country?

5 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I'd price up extending your PCH on the Octavia vRS first. Skoda Finance often massively inflate the monthly payments once the original term finishes.

Unless the Kodiaq is on order and has been delayed, it is unlikely they'll honour your current monthly payments.

It doesn't usually make sense to add factory options to a lease car, so is there any reason why you aren't looking to lease a car already in stock / in the country?

I've had a price back on the VRS, it's £40 higher for an additional year and 5k miles extra, reasonable, but I'd probably have to ask for another quote as it expires tomorrow.  I have 6 months left on my current car.

No options other than metallic on my order.  The 'factory order' deals are coming back very competitively at the moment on that model, it expires on the 30th though.  Not sure what Skoda's logic is flooding their order sheets with cars that have engines/drivetrain that are low in stock and the potential WTO tariff. 

• Like 1

They like to keep the production lines running at full capacity which I'm guessing is a delicate task, and as such every so often you get some winners and losers.

In the UK, at least compared to other European markets, our lead-times are very short. If they're currently short on capacity then I guess delays are inevitable.

I suspect all of the excuses the customer services teams dish out are just that.

Just off the phone with My Man in Glasgow who confirmed that "it's about the right time to talk" if I want to replace my current car with something similar on 6 April 2020.

A 190 diesel in certain (if not all) trim levels with a bundle of extras will take time.

I'm OK with a long order time and am grateful for spotting the alarm bells on here if it helps put a new car on the drive in April.

I was disappointed to have to read out the list of extras in detail as he couldn't trust the code numbers from the Skoda UK online build tool.

Now waiting for a first quote (PCH) to put a peg in the sand.

sounds like you've made the right decision to kick off conversations early.

update today from Skoda UK "there is no build date allocated as yet however i expect this to change and a build date assigned this week"

i asked him to translate the cryptic update and ask what gave that impression given all the updates so far have been so vague, and he just explained that because the factory accepted my order on the 21st August (even though it was ordered at the dealer 26 July) he would expect a build date to come very soon. 

i was kind of hoping he would say Skoda have sorted their **** out in the factory but let's wait and see what happens later in the week. 

Edited by ChinChiminey85

Still no build date for me - but last week he said wait 2 weeks - my order was accepted 8th August (ordered on 22 July) - I heard that excuse before - X weeks from order date... then a different adviser says .. no its Y weeks before build....

Basically just keep checking back...

I looked at the entry level ‘sport’ which comes in around £43k on drive the deal. 

I need to sleep on it as it’s an extra £10k vs the Kodiaq and I lose some options from the L&K trim. 

on the other hand I also looked at at XC90 today - beauty from the outside but felt incredibly cheap inside with some of their choice of plastics and metals 👎

Edited by ChinChiminey85