Faia 1.4 tdi anti shudder valve

On 04/09/2019 at 21:10, bigjohn said:

When you have EGR and antishudder vlave issues , isn't this usually something to do with the vacuum system as EGR valve,  antishudder valve and Turbo variable vanes operated by vacuum via solenioids which can spring a leak in the pipes (solid or flexible!). Well it is on the 1.4PD - Is BMN not PD? If it is - usually easy fix when you find the leak.

If it has a pneumatic anti-shudder valve its usually on the older generations of PD where the flap is purely an anti shudder flap and not an EGR function like it is with the electric flap

37 minutes ago, SuperbTWM said:

If it has a pneumatic anti-shudder valve its usually on the older generations of PD where the flap is purely an anti shudder flap and not an EGR function like it is with the electric flap

The flap is still there for EGR even it’s its vacuum operated. 

26 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I stand corrected then, I didn't realise it modulated. It can't have been very good given there is no feedback

1 hour ago, Tech1e said:

and Turbo Variable vanes if fitted

On an older car vacuum leaks are common either with rotting rubber flexible pipes or worn through hard pipes due to diesel vibration.

On my 1.9 pd there was a worn through hard plastic pipe that looked a bit like a minature organ pipe that kept putting up wierd EML lights/codes and eventually putting into limp home mode - it also broke the anti shudder so it "shuddered" on turn off

Edited by bigjohn

The valve is electronic only, resin glue and a self tapper prevents it from closing so it's useless. All vacuum pipes seem good the car seems to have been reasonably well maintained. I know where there's a crashed Cordoba I'm going to check it out tomorrow. A throttle needing new gears would be fine.

Thanks for all the replies guys replacement valve/throttle is working. I managed to get the self tapper out and the glue picked off the old one. The crescent gear is stripped I might fix it nice to have a good spare one.

• Like 2

Paul engine code foxed me ( but at my age anything but a fox bothers me. So I looked up Skoda codes and for your code on this site

https://www.proxyparts.com/wiki/engine-codes/make/skoda/model/fabia/

it lists a few models from Skoda and other VAG models. Unless things have changed in the motoring world ( and I doubt it as it's easier to use the same part on many other models) , you might find what you'r looking for on one of these other models, in new parts or down the "used vehicle spares department " ( AKA ,THE SCRAPPIE).

1 hour ago, VWD said:

Paul engine code foxed me ( but at my age anything but a fox bothers me. So I looked up Skoda codes and for your code on this site

https://www.proxyparts.com/wiki/engine-codes/make/skoda/model/fabia/

it lists a few models from Skoda and other VAG models. Unless things have changed in the motoring world ( and I doubt it as it's easier to use the same part on many other models) , you might find what you'r looking for on one of these other models, in new parts or down the "used vehicle spares department " ( AKA ,THE SCRAPPIE).

Wakey, wakey, he already fixed it, the post is right above yours.

OK-sepulcrave -  I was mainly commenting on theengine code, as a lot of folks don't know the difference between mk1/2/3

I'm reasonably sure that it would.  I don't know how the position feedback (if any) works on these valves though.

It may be that the ECU infers the position via MAP or MAF sensor readings and their expected changes?

Do you have one in bits you could photograph?

Edited by Wino

I have the old one the gears are still on it. I will remove the gears and try it with the plug from the car see if it puts on the light. I had a Renault Megane with an EGR issue. I blocked the EGR but the light kept coming on. I bought a used one, took the electrical gubbins off it and plugged it in and tied it to the bulkhead. Light stayed off. (I apologise for saying Renault) The MAP/MAF sensor suggestion could be on the money

Edited by paulkennedy