2019 front wiper blades issue

steveeeg

Hi

My  4 month old citigo has suddently started with front wind screen wiper judder and really noisey when using when raining

Have cleaned both wiper blades and screen with hot soapy water and not made any difference

Before I buy another set of wiper blades any ideas ?

Thanks

15 hours ago, steveeeg said:

Have cleaned both wiper blades and screen with hot soapy water

Try "precipitated chalk" (buy it from a real pharmacist).

Alternatively, the issue may be (counter-intuitive but correct) that the windscreen is too clean.

The angle that the blade lies to the screen is also important.In my experience,some makes use a dealer tool (like a protractor) to  set blade angle to the screen (wiper arms are twisted slightly to adjust)

If you use a car wash,or blade angle has altered,(perhaps stuck to screen and then switched on)this might be a reason.You have warranty,so take it to the supplying dealer to sort out -you've paid for the privilege.

12 hours ago, steveeeg said:

Yep car washed 4  weeks ago with car shampoo , only started making noise recently though

9 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

My 6 month old SEAT Mii has recently started dong this. I’ve tried repeatedly cleaning the screen, but juddering and noise continues.

I’ll look up the chalk and let you know 👍

I was always taught to not get car shampoo on the windscreen.

On 26/09/2019 at 10:48, KenONeill said:

I was always taught to not get car shampoo on the windscreen.

I have always washed windscreen with car shampoo when I was a car. Just like all the windows. 

On 25/09/2019 at 23:07, pinkpanther said:

My 6 month old SEAT Mii has recently started dong this. I’ve tried repeatedly cleaning the screen, but juddering and noise continues.

I’ll look up the chalk and let you know 👍

Whilst I've not tried the chalk (sorry Ken!), I have scrupulously cleaned both the screen and wipers with everything I could think of -  various glass cleaners, neat screenwash, isopropyl alcohol etc, but each time it rains I have juddering and very noisy wipers.

I had wondered if my car washing method may be at fault (snow foam, power wash, wash rinse etc) but then realised I'd purchased the Mii (new) at the same time as my other car (S-Cross) and the Suzuki is not similarly afflicted with noisy / juddering  wipers, despite it being cleaned in precisely the same manner🤔

On this basis it would appear this issue is specific to the Mii and possibly it's Bosch wipers? Virtually every VAG product I've owned over the last few years has been fitted with the flat bladed type wipers, although I haven't come across this specific issue previously, unless the wipers were very old / hardened.

Given all the recent rain this has become a major irritation, so I now plan on swapping to Valeo Silencio blades, despite the car only being 6 months old🤞

My car is only a few months old and I tried cleaning my blades with silicone spray to see if it made a difference. It did, but not for that long that to stop me ordering a pair of Bosch blades. 

They now work 100% better. Job done.

On 05/10/2019 at 10:17, pinkpanther said:

Whilst I've not tried the chalk

Meantime I've remembered another one; newspaper and spirit vinegar. I've never done it myself, but you clean the screen using the paper to rub in the vinegar.

I’ve normally found that noisy wipers are from contamination on the screen. On new cars it is from the initial prep and older cars from road film. If you have a clay mitt than wipe your windows with it until you feel no drag and it feels smooth, use your regular car shampoo as a lube. 
RainX treatment will help prevent the contamination build up again or better still much more expensive but long lasting Gtechniq Clearvision treatment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Good day, sorry to hijack this post but I am having exactly the same issue :@ tried everything to clean them and nothing! So going to buy new blades. Anything I should stay clear of, always went Bosch on previous cars? 

• Like 1

Buy Bosch aeros.

Worked immediately for me, and just as good nearly a year on. Same on most cars I have had.

The basic problem is that the OEM-fit ones are rubbish blades.....

Edited by freemansteve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1