So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

2 hours ago, BigJase88 said:

.... made by me, as every other night. As she is hopeless and i would rather not die of food poisoning.

LOL I'm married to one of those too 😁in over 46 years of marriage I cant recall a single meal she has cooked that was edible in any way 😧 so I had to became chief cook & bottle wash of the family.

My missus can cook. But..  we agree i'm better at it, so i tend to do most of it. 

Apparently the down side is, i get agitated if I'm cooking for more than just us, as I tend to aim for perfection and shun help, so I'm "a bit stressed and annoyed" by the time the large group meals are ready... always tasty though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

My missus can cook. But..  we agree i'm better at it, so i tend to do most of it. 

Apparently the down side is, i get agitated if I'm cooking for more than just us, as I tend to aim for perfection and shun help, so I'm "a bit stressed and annoyed" by the time the large group meals are ready... always tasty though!

You sound like my Dad but he's 78 years old.;)

Guest BigJase88

My missus struggles with cooking times so generally you have

1 burnt item, 1 perfect item, 1 cold item, 1 forgotten about item

We went to swmbo's for dinner yesterday,

Invited back over for lunch today.

And got invited for dinner again tonight :D

if i was at full gastric strength id be delighted! (If anyone else gets whatever the f%$& i picked up let me know....)

• Sad 1

Guest BigJase88
On 26/12/2019 at 16:31, mac11irl said:

We went to swmbo's for dinner yesterday,

Invited back over for lunch today.

And got invited for dinner again tonight :D

if i was at full gastric strength id be delighted! (If anyone else gets whatever the f%$& i picked up let me know....)

I missed Christmas dinner and boxing day and still in bed now 😷 worst christmas ever

I realised on Christmas Eve ive developed a coffee intolerance! (Pretty sure... symptoms and coincidences seem to line up..) probably because of whatever gastric thing i picked up i ended up not able to drink any coffee for a few days, while feeling really horrible. Had a cup of my usual on Christmas eve morning and within an hr i was feeling the same ****ty feelings i had the previous week. Few hrs later i got the exact same feeling that had me in a mild panic at the Out of hrs gp last week... 😞

And getting bloods done by my own gp on monday. Results back today... all is normal...

Think my body just finally had enough of not enough sleep or eating properly while flipping nights and days the last few months and crashed...

Having stuffed myself over the last few days I've been picking today so no real tea BUT I needed cake..........   Just a small slice

Mrs G's home made Christmas cake, she started it in August, fed with well over a half bottle of brandy and the usual fruit and some nice really strong coloured cheddar 

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  Cake. " This is not just cake, It's Mrs G's Cake "

IMG_2676.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Having stuffed myself over the last few days I've been picking today so no real tea BUT I needed cake..........   Just a small slice

Mrs G's home made Christmas cake, she started it in August, fed with well over a half bottle of brandy and the usual fruit and some nice really strong coloured cheddar 

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.  Cake. " This is not just cake, It's Mrs G's Cake "

IMG_2676.jpg

Cake looks good. You can have the cheese. We had Xmas pud and custard again only 50% left now but need to buy more custard.:tongueout:

We were in Asda earlier when they reduced the price of 5 chicken breasts to just £2 so we are wrapping them in bacon with leek mashed potato, carrots, broccoli and brussels. Picture to follow in 1 hour.;) Plus chicken gravy for JB999.

B8A7358D-A909-47C0-8153-2DF7AA393FE7.jpeg

Edited by shyVRS245
Add photo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

We were in Asda earlier when they reduced the price of 5 chicken breasts to just £2 so we are wrapping them in bacon with leek mashed potato, carrots, broccoli and brussels. Picture to follow in 1 hour.;)

Oh! Yum, That sounds good.

On 22/12/2019 at 20:27, lancpudn said:

LOL I'm married to one of those too 😁in over 46 years of marriage I cant recall a single meal she has cooked that was edible in any way 😧 so I had to became chief cook & bottle wash of the family.

Lad- you should have crossed the border and given up the  differences. I married a Yorkshire lass ( so it's a(an almost) mixed marriage- I'm Scots, she's born in Yorkshire with a Scots dad , But by gum- (as they are said to say up thar), she can cook. 48 years of culinary bliss. Now ,if I could her get as interested in the bedroom................😍

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, VWD said:

Lad- you should have crossed the border and given up the  differences. I married a Yorkshire lass ( so it's a(an almost) mixed marriage- I'm Scots, she's born in Yorkshire with a Scots dad , But by gum- (as they are said to say up thar), she can cook. 48 years of culinary bliss. Now ,if I could her get as interested in the bedroom................😍

Stick an oven in the bedroom and tell her you'd like to put a bun in it..................................

Might work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bit late for buns. Her comment was that we've had four of those, but she's had the builders in and removed the oven and all the cooking equipment.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, VWD said:

Bit late for buns. Her comment was that we've had four of those, but she's had the builders in and removed the oven and all the cooking equipment.

Blokes usually have problems with the plumbing after a certain age according to my Dad.:rain:

1 hour ago, VWD said:

she's had the builders in and removed the oven and all the cooking equipment.

So you have to do it all by hand, then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, VWD said:

LOL I'm a Lancastrian and my lass is from Yorkshire stock (Morley) I learned early on you don't argue wi a Yorkshire lass 😃

• Like 1

On 29/12/2019 at 17:21, shyVRS245 said:

We were in Asda earlier when they reduced the price of 5 chicken breasts to just £2 so we are wrapping them in bacon with leek mashed potato, carrots, broccoli and brussels. Picture to follow in 1 hour.;) Plus chicken gravy for JB999.

B8A7358D-A909-47C0-8153-2DF7AA393FE7.jpeg

Now that looks bootiful 😍 I couldn't be bothered much with cooking today as I've been trying to clear some rubbish out of the garage and the missus and daughter were out on a shopping jolly & they usually eat out so I got a container of vegetable & ham soup out of the freezer for my tea followed by a pork & mustard barm cake. It has to be Morrisons basic essentials mustard, it's cheap as chips, 30p/jar or something ridiculous like that & it's superb, I always stock up with half a dozen jars 😄.