So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

18 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

Now that looks bootiful 😍 I couldn't be bothered much with cooking today as I've been trying to clear some rubbish out of the garage and the missus and daughter were out on a shopping jolly & they usually eat out so I got a container of vegetable & ham soup out of the freezer for my tea followed by a pork & mustard barm cake. It has to be Morrisons basic essentials mustard, it's cheap as chips, 30p/jar or something ridiculous like that & it's superb, I always stock up with half a dozen jars 😄.

We had the same veg as above with Pork BBQ ribs and gravy (from Aldi) for tea. Lunch was Xmas pud and custard.:tongueout:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lancpudn said:

LOL I'm a Lancastrian and my lass is from Yorkshire stock (Morley) I learned early on you don't argue wi a Yorkshire lass 😃

You can argue- but you won't win. :huh:

• Like 1

On the food front .

Last night's creation was a get a way from all the rich food of Xmas . Mash fried ( last of the Xmas King Edds) and a side dish of mushrooms. Big 3" dia mushrooms cut into slices. fried in marg with a dash of light Soy.Swimbo had prepared some peppercorn sauce ( Asda stuff - add hot water to in jug, stir and serve) , but not added water. Nothing to lose, I added some water and added to mushrooms ( which were at this time getting soft) .

I've done likewise with mushrooms in the past, adding a tin of chopped tomatoes or a tin/packet of seasoned passata ( equally nice with mild chilli), instead of the Peppercorn sauce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VWD said:

On the food front .

Last night's creation was a get a way from all the rich food of Xmas . Mash fried ( last of the Xmas King Edds) and a side dish of mushrooms. Big 3" dia mushrooms cut into slices. fried in marg with a dash of light Soy.Swimbo had prepared some peppercorn sauce ( Asda stuff - add hot water to in jug, stir and serve) , but not added water. Nothing to lose, I added some water and added to mushrooms ( which were at this time getting soft) .

I've done likewise with mushrooms in the past, adding a tin of chopped tomatoes or a tin/packet of seasoned passata ( equally nice with mild chilli), instead of the Peppercorn sauce.

To quote the Chairman "no photo it didn't happen". Going to post a snap of what is left of my 2.5kg egg Gala Pork Pie. It has to be eaten by 19/01/2020 but may not last that long.:tongueout:

• Like 1

Tasted better than it looked. It was one of those  dishes that needed to beseen with the palate, before the eyes.

22 hours ago, lancpudn said:

LOL I'm a Lancastrian and my lass is from Yorkshire stock (Morley) I learned early on you don't argue wi a Yorkshire lass 😃

We are the other way round, I'm a Yorkie but Mrs G is from Bolton so tonight tea was a real warmer for cold evenings.

Tatie Pie, a real Lancashire dish, Diced spuds, onions, stewing steak and pickles ( no red Cabbage as I scoffed that yesterday )  Went in the oven for 6 hours at 165 F. served with brown bread 

Mmmmmmmmmm.............. Tasty, Tasty, very very Tasty 

IMG_2679.jpg

• Like 1

On 29/12/2019 at 17:21, shyVRS245 said:

We were in Asda earlier when they reduced the price of 5 chicken breasts to just £2 so we are wrapping them in bacon with leek mashed potato, carrots, broccoli and brussels. Picture to follow in 1 hour.;) Plus chicken gravy for JB999.

B8A7358D-A909-47C0-8153-2DF7AA393FE7.jpeg

Compared to the previous gravyless dish you had, this quantity seems to have got enough for both this and that meal!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

We are the other way round, I'm a Yorkie but Mrs G is from Bolton so tonight tea was a real warmer for cold evenings.

Tatie Pie, a real Lancashire dish, Diced spuds, onions, stewing steak and pickles ( no red Cabbage as I scoffed that yesterday )  Went in the oven for 6 hours at 165 F. served with brown bread 

Mmmmmmmmmm.............. Tasty, Tasty, very very Tasty 

IMG_2679.jpg

Mmmmm!😋 oh yes, Tatie pie, Hotpot & lobby are a staple diet in this neck o the woods.

Edited by lancpudn

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

It looks a lot like stovies, which is a Scottish dish.

My thoughts, Ken.

Two versions I know of.  the meat would be left over roast from Sunday or sliced sausage.

• Like 1