So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

Also yesterday. Whole chicken in the oven for 2 hours plus parsnip, sweet potatoes, brussels, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots with gravy. Washed down wth a glass of £2.99 Lidl Cabernet from Chile. Pudding was Apple crumble with custard and watched the F1 highlights with a glass of Metaxa brandy from Cyprus. :party:

meh, theres a fairly high fat content in that one anyway ;)

i like some marbling but i dont like trimming masses of fat out of steak.

i do like rib eye too, but swmbo really doesnt like fat in the meat, so the striploin wins for domestic harmony :D

1 minute ago, mac11irl said:

meh, theres a fairly high fat content in that one anyway ;)

i like some marbling but i dont like trimming masses of fat out of steak.

i do like rib eye too, but swmbo really doesnt like fat in the meat, so the striploin wins for domestic harmony :D

I leave the fat on for cooking to get the flavour but trim it off before eating.

At least your other half eats meat. Mine went veggie a few years back which causes all sorts of issues now come meal time.

I'm not giving up on the steak situation. We have another freezer in the garage which I'm going to have a look through for some inspiration.

It's that or I raid the Christmas meat supplies - 2 bone rib of beef or individual pousssins. No Turkey this year because due to travel / covid restrictions there's only me & swmbo eating at our place & the smallest turkey is far too big for just one. Plus I don't fancy eating turkey left overs for 6 weeks after! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Knew I had a rib eye somewhere in a freezer. A few days later than planned but all the better for it. Cooked Blue - the only way.

IMG_0639[1].JPG

IMG_0640[1].JPG

i dunno about it being blue, but it looks delicious :)

On 07/12/2020 at 21:43, mac11irl said:

i dunno about it being blue, but it looks delicious :)

Problem is you have to keep them well away from shops full of delicate china.

• Like 1

Tonight's tea was Poussin, veg & roast spuds a boat load of gravy & bread sauce.

I was saving the 4 poussin I had for Christmas but since we don't have anyone coming for Christmas dinner now I figure they are fair game for tea anytime!

image.thumb.png.237d086e16d9d18fd2c91f53e77ce488.png

• Like 3

16 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

We finally polished off a Gammon slow pot after 4 days and it was only £3.33 from ASDA (3 FOR £10) so was very tasty and good value with the gravy soaked up by a slice of seeded bread. Fish and chips tomorrow as it will be our usual Friday Tea.:happy:

Snap for the fish and chips - although for lunch with an Aussi neighbour who's in my 'support bubble'  

4 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Snap for the fish and chips - although for lunch with an Aussi neighbour who's in my 'support bubble'  

Kept it simple frozen roasties with Iceland battered fish (67 pence each) and a tin of baked beans between us. Very nice with some tomato ketchup.;)

24 minutes ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Ant tha got owt moist ,needs gravy mac😂

that was separate i didnt want overwhelm the roasties before the photoshoot :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Noooooooooooo! Just NO! Roast tatties must be par-boiled for 10 minutes then rumbled in the pan to fluff them up before roasting in goose fat or lard.
It. Is. The. Law. 

I've got to agree with Lee on that one.

no.

par boiling makes them wet and makes the outside all over done and bitty.

a roast spud should be a crispy evenly coloured shell and beautifully floury and fluffy inside.

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

no.

par boiling makes them wet and makes the outside all over done and bitty.

a roast spud should be a crispy evenly coloured shell and beautifully floury and fluffy inside.

Right. That's it! Roast tatties tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there were no Tea pics from Chrimbo day!! So to rectify that here's mine. 

My lovely brother came around to my dad's to cook and try to cheer us all up (my mum is in a home and we couldn't see or speak to her on Christmas day :crying: ). As we didn't eat until around 16:30hrs I reckon it sneaks in as 'tea'

Stuffing and a few sundry items are hidden under the roasties and carrots and this was only the first 'tide' of gravey 

20201225_145621.jpg

• Like 3

i was too busy eating with one hand while holding spud jr was on my other at Mil & Fil 's for dinner to take pictures :D

that and i may have gotten some funny looks esp with the "its for a car forum on the internet" explanation :rofl:

• Haha 3