New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

3 hours ago, ewlmr said:

The RS iV is now up on Autogefühl.

With a real world electric only range of about 30 miles unless you have a short commute or can charge at work the small 40 litre fuel tank could prove annoying. Standard ride height (not lowered 15mm like other Vrs models) and extra weight of the batteries could make it roll a bit in the corners.

• Like 1

My concern is in these reviews it shown the new shift by wire gearbox selector... but I see no option for a manual mode? Guessing there are no paddles on the wheel and manual shifting anymore. This will be a big thumbs down from me!

There is no mention of a non-hybrid petrol version. This would greatly disappoint me. Bit disappointed about the lack of spoiler too. I thought it has become a traditional feature linking the shape of all generations of Octavia vRS.😕

Answering my own question here 😆. A quick look on Skodas FB  page says there are more versions to come. Phew.

Edited by Luptonian

55 minutes ago, Luptonian said:

There is no mention of a non-hybrid petrol version. This would greatly disappoint me. Bit disappointed about the lack of spoiler too. I thought it has become a traditional feature linking the shape of all generations of Octavia vRS.😕

Answering my own question here 😆. A quick look on Skodas FB  page says there are more versions to come. Phew.

At least the new spoiler reduced the aero drag to just 0.24 on the hatch and will be easier to clean.

I think this looks fantastic, front end looks great and I like the rear of the hatch. Not sure why they went with white and red for unveiling the hatch and estate versions, there are other colours that do the current VRS far better justice.

Interior looks like a nice step up, especially with the alcantara and stitching on the dash. The seats look great.

Not a fan of the hybrid offering, I could charge at work for free and at home for a fairly negligible amount, but it still seems a bit compromised overall really. Heavier, slower and only 6 speed DSG.

• Like 2

The PHEV offering is there for picking up company car orders IMO. Whilst pure EVs will attract 0% BIK from April, many people are still averse to them so there is a market there for a more traditional alternative.

A 245PS PHEV at 14% is a much more attractive company car prospect than a normal 184PS diesel or 245PS petrol at over 30%. Plus a lot of places will pay a higher per mile rate for a petrol hybrid than a diesel.

I doubt they expect to pick up that many private sales with the PHEV variant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ahenners said:

I think this looks fantastic, front end looks great and I like the rear of the hatch. Not sure why they went with white and red for unveiling the hatch and estate versions, there are other colours that do the current VRS far better justice.

Interior looks like a nice step up, especially with the alcantara and stitching on the dash. The seats look great.

Not a fan of the hybrid offering, I could charge at work for free and at home for a fairly negligible amount, but it still seems a bit compromised overall really. Heavier, slower and only 6 speed DSG.

Sums up most hybrids it's all about lowering company car tax by announcing unachieveable mpg and therefore much higher actual co2 levels. Perfect for the driver who doesn't actually own the car and even better for the manufacturer due to bigger profit margins and getting below the all important 95gm/co2 average EU Target.:hi:

• Like 1

I don't think people browsing a VRS thread would be the biggest fans of electric cars. I think I'd be OK with it when I HAD to get one but I'm going to enjoy the last years of ICE VRS production from Skoda and I'll miss these days when they're gone.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 00:17, Greezy56 said:

New VRS needs the Cupra , Golf R type performance as an option. Why would the Skoda group not get what the others have. Im sick of the poor cousin badge and the last choice of the parts bins. Audi first followed by the rest. The new octy has 3 series looks , certainly on the back pillars.

Im sick of saying to colleagues, " its a SKODA but its got this and its from the same family as the ,, etc  

If you're sick of saying you own a skoda then maybe look at buying something you're not so embarrassed about? Who cares what you drive? I'd say 90% of people out there don't, it's only the snobby arse holes that do and in all fairness who cares what they think or wants to be around them long enough to hear their opinions? 

Edited by caprixpack
  • Like 2

On 01/03/2020 at 12:24, shyVRS245 said:

Buy a 2019 Superb Sportline Plus 272 (mine made 283bhp on the rollers) then stage 1 remap and with 360bhp it will leave any Vrs in it's wake and mine with the remap cost just £24,300 and it averages 38mpg.

Where did you get a Sportline Plus for 24K? Skoda.co.uk starts at about 38K. 

5 hours ago, AJAMESR said:

Where did you get a Sportline Plus for 24K? Skoda.co.uk starts at about 38K. 

Used ex Skoda UK car bought from the local dealer at 9 months old and only 4,900 careful miles. They are amazing value for money IMHO.

16 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Used ex Skoda UK car bought from the local dealer at 9 months old and only 4,900 careful miles. They are amazing value for money IMHO.

Nice one.

24K is about 28K Euro and it would be about 8K VRT (maybe more, new Nox tax I haven't looked into yet) to bring in and allow at least another 500euro for travel etc. And then the complication of warranty from different country. So still 36K or 37K Euro to go that route.

Advantage of buying new from here is that the VW Bank has plenty of 0% interest offers on finance which is some saving. Thats how I got my VRS and it has worked out great for me. I'm now only paying interest on the last 10K left on the car and I outright own a 4 year old VRS with not much interest added to the price at all. I could clear it in full now and save more on the interest but I'm happy to finance the last 10K on low interest and keep my savings in tact. Buying abroad takes those finance options away and eats into savings. Pros and cons. 

Just bloody expensive to have a car here.

I think this looks fantastic. Completely new and way different to the "New" Superb. This alone would entice me to skip on the Superb and wait for the Octy. And still has the 3 Spoke Steering Wheel. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:50, Kaj said:

The front end is worse than the MkIII facelift. Only 30 mile range on electric power. Wouldn't be my £25K.

Of the 3 Vrs models available, the 197bhp diesel, the 242bhp (2.0 litre petrol) and 242bhp hybrid (1.4 litre  electric motor) the hybrid version will be the most expensive at about £32,000 before discounts. 

24 minutes ago, JackReacher said:

I know the current situation is very uncertain, but does anyone have an idea of when the new vrs will be available to order and when the first deliveries will be due?

Order books open in June on Skoda website, UK deliveries probably from September 2020.

13 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Order books open in June on Skoda website, UK deliveries probably from September 2020.

Any info from Skoda UK re. vRS powertrains yet? 

Cheers,

DC.