Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update

Hi there! After driving Passats for 20 years I bought an Octavia yesterday!

I accessed the firnware info and it's not been updated since factory install. I found the update firmware instructions posted. The warnings about using an external power source are a little eye brow raising, I don't have anything like that, but was planning on doing after a decent drive.

I found the latest, MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0480T.7Z, at EU - MIB Solution. 3.6 GB DL is challening over http, is there fto access anywhere to DL perhaps?

Feel free to direct me to a FAQ (post) that may answer these noob questions.

18 minutes ago, boardtc said:

I accessed the firnware info and it's not been updated since factory install. I found the update firmware instructions posted. The warnings about using an external power source are a little eye brow raising, I don't have anything like that, but was planning on doing after a decent drive.

I found the latest, MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0480T.7Z, at EU - MIB Solution. 3.6 GB DL is challening over http, is there fto access anywhere to DL perhaps?

MIB Solution is horrifically slow, like dial up Internet days.

You are better to wait for someone with the file to send you it.

If not, use "Free Download Manager" to open multiple streams on their site.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2023 at 20:15, boardtc said:

Thanks varooom for 480. Posting here in case it helps others. When upgrade attempted using SD card with exploded 480 I get:
spacer.png

Does this mean mine can't be upgraded for some reason or any tips to get aorund this please?

Hi guys I updated to 480 thanks to varooom so far 2 little problems. When I connect my phone by Bluetooth it shows me no network signal but working without any problems.when I make a call it shows me signal, and when I finish it disappeared after couple minutes. Really strange. Second one more annoying is from time to time on dashboard i have message infotainment system switched off, when on .I just have to switch radio off than on and is fine but it  is annoying.

49 minutes ago, wowrin said:

Hi guys I updated to 480 thanks to varooom so far 2 little problems. When I connect my phone by Bluetooth it shows me no network signal but working without any problems.when I make a call it shows me signal, and when I finish it disappeared after couple minutes. Really strange. Second one more annoying is from time to time on dashboard i have message infotainment system switched off, when on .I just have to switch radio off than on and is fine but it  is annoying.

I think you should do a VCDS scan or similar tool

On 20/06/2023 at 20:15, boardtc said:

Thanks varooom for 480. Posting here in case it helps others. When upgr5ade attempted using SD card with exploded 480 I get:
spacer.png

Have you tried to hold down the Menu button for 10 seconds to see what software train is already installed?

11 hours ago, varooom said:

Have you tried to hold down the Menu button for 10 seconds to see what software train is already installed?

I have the factory version installed and then you gave me the latest appicable is my understanding.
spacer.png

On 15/06/2023 at 15:56, boardtc said:

Aha, this is your first post where you mentioned about trying to download 0480, without a screenshot if your existing Software Train.

So I supplied 0480, when you needed 0369 as seen from your latest posting.

I will send the correct firmware now, and you will be able to load.

28 minutes ago, jaydoo said:

Hi, 

Please, is this the latest version ?

PXL_20230623_084151053.jpg

Yes for 04xx versions