New Landrover Defender are you up for one?

vrskeith

£45,240 for a Land Rover Defender 90 S, from the company that flogs us the woefully unreliable Discovery Sport and regularly languishes down at the bottom of the reliability tables?

Na, you're alright thanks...

image.png.fc4f75815498a339025a267b033d18ff.png

• Like 3

Indeed that price for a defender is bloody stupid...   Its far too upmarket and I reckon LR have seriously miscalculated...   unless of course it becomes the 'darling' of the 'yuppie mummy' for the school run to keep up with next door...

• Like 1

Maybe if I could get them to unbolt the pickup bed and put a cherry picker on running off the PTO on the gearbox. Like the 2009 one that I was looking at had.

That'll be a no then.

Edited by StevesTruck
  • Like 2

The first 100 or so cars will probably be more expensive (call them EDITION models) to pay for the top of the range free model which the Queen will be given fopr either the Sandringham or Balmoral estate duties. Two Royal divorces in one week a bit like Storm Ciara and Dennis then.:D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aspman said:

New Defender?

I thought it was 3x early 90s Isuzu Troopers.

look very like old early 90s pajero's in alot of the shots..

i really think they are just hoping to cash in on people buying the name...

• Like 1

Land Rover sold their soul to the middle classes and forgotten what Land Rover was all about. Supplying the armed forces, farmers and all the other worthwhile uses the proper Land Rover was all about. 

Shameful. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, threadbear said:

Land Rover sold their soul to the middle classes and forgotten what Land Rover was all about. Supplying the armed forces, farmers and all the other worthwhile uses the proper Land Rover was all about. 

Shameful. 

Called chasing the profit or Capitalism.

• Like 2

Land Rover started calling the Ninety / One Ten / One Thirty the Defender and 90,110,130 and kept on using materials / fasteners that caused corrosion because they were dissimilar metals.  Built in water traps / corrosion spots and never learned not to over the decades.

They were paid too much by the military (tax payers) and utilities for vehicles.  Sticking Transit engines in never helped things.

They did a job but not that well.    People with them had to sort out the poor design and components and those upgrading them now to make them last are doing what should have been done at the factory or the Special Vehicles Department.

The UN and Charities and even the Taliban would rather use a Toyota or Nissan than a Land Rover, because they needed reliability and comfort is nice.

I had Land Rovers and loved them.  Not standard though....

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 13.01.21.jpg

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 13.01.34 (1).jpg

clova november snow 017.JPG

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I hate SUVs etc but I do actually quite like the new Defender. Yes it's expensive, and is built for the masses which it needs to be or it wouldn't exist but I imagine it's better than most things when it goes off road. 

Maintenance and repair costs will be horrendous & owning one out of warranty will be a scary thing.

Those leasing them or buying if money is nothing to bother them will likely be happy enough.

It is a real shame that more basic versions of Long Wheel base ones are not being offered.

Love the ' Lucky to get to drive for a few months'  (Paraphrase).

Actually shorthand for. '

We have demonstrators for potential customers to drive and after 3 months / 3,000 miles the dealership can sell them with a great tax break so staff will put the miles on and we can then call them 'Ex Management car', do not let them get miles put on by joy riders and tyre kickers'.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would have one in a heartbeat, a very cool extremely capable machine.

It would be expensive though as you would need to buy 2, 1 as a spare for when the other is getting repaired.

Edited by SuperbTWM
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...