The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic.

@Lee

16 minutes ago, xman said:

Hopefully if Shy is diagnosed, which he should be as a matter of urgency,

I think most of us have already made our own diagnosis........................and it's not a good one.

24 minutes ago, xman said:

If Wino is happy to see members of his family die, then he has a totally warped and perverted mind.

We're all going to die of something pal. I accept it and do not fear it.

You really are judgemental aren't you?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tilt said:

Aah, but wait until they do ask her to come out of retirement to help.............

Then you'll be asking them "are you serious"...........

I'll cross that bridge when I get there...:thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@xman gives me an unhelpful arrow,

Comparing and dismissing Covid-19 as seasonal flu (mainly H1N1 and H3N2 strains) is unhelpful. Your flu jab will not offer any protection from Covid-19.

Its the threat to the general population and vunerable groups thats the big issue here.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Redboy said:

I believe your 1st statement chimes with your latter. Unless of course you're kidding. 

He lost his sense of humour some time ago now he just hates me. Must be that puny 1.4 litre engine in his Superb. That would make anyone miserable.

@xman

I am not comparing them, or making light of caronavirus as really i know nothing about what people go through with it to pull through or not,

but i am just wondering how many people currently are puking and sh1ting themselves, and sweating and aching and wishing they were dead just now with seasonal flu and staying at home as you need to when you can not get more than 1 minute away from the bog or a bucket.

Having no help, no money and little in the house in the way of paracetamol is common for many people that catch the flu.

Carvonavirus is going to be no 'pulling a sickie' bunch of fun.  Some might try it on though if they are told, stay at home if you feel unwell.

1 hour ago, xman said:

I suffered a bout of viral pneumonia a year ago, caught from the briefest contact with a catholic saints religious relic during a church mass. In hindsight, my stupidity,  when all and sundry were kissing this thing and a cursory wipe with the same cloth was pathetic hygiene practice.

I was not hospitalised, but it was the most horrible experience of my life, I really did think I was going to die.  Only had that feeling once before in my life. Powerful antibiotics made no difference whatsover. As I was on my own at home, I resorted to frequently hanging upside to aid coughing out masses of phlegm and liquid, the only way I could temporarily restore some lung function. Took a month to recover.

Sounds like the big man was trying to tell you something. Not sure what though 🤔

6 minutes ago, FirstAndLastSkoda said:

Here you go Xman, I saw this and instantly thought of you. Hope it cheers you up.

Carpe Diem, Shipmate, otherwise what's the point?

Looking on the bright side at least he has fresh milk outside and the dog likes him. He must have upset the decorators though before they finished the renovation.

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

WHO says that 12 new countries have been added to the list. New UK cases 8 recently returned from Italy, 1 from Japan, 1 from Germany, not sure about the others.

Can I ask you a polite question?
Just how ill are you as by my reckoning you've made just under thirty posts in the past seven or eight hours including while you said you were at the doctors.
Is it that debilitating? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Can I ask you a polite question?
Just how ill are you as by my reckoning you've made just under thirty posts in the past seven or eight hours including while you said you were at the doctors.
Is it that debilitating? 

compared to his normal post count... yeah it is :D

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

compared to his normal post count... yeah it is :D

I can't normally see Lee's post unless someone else posts so to answer his question managed 1 breakfast in 4 days, no lunches and 1.5 dinners. Not eaten for 23 hours so feeling weak not that you care I can imagine you grinning as you type. Not slept for 3 days which doesn't exactly help.

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

He lost his sense of humour some time ago now he just hates me. Must be that * puny * 1.4 litre engine in his Superb. That would make anyone miserable.

Who brought me into this ? ? ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I can't normally see Lee's post unless someone else posts so to answer his question managed 1 breakfast in 4 days, no lunches and 1.5 dinners. Not eaten for 23 hours so feeling weak not that you care I can imagine you grinning as you type. Not slept for 3 days which doesn't exactly help.

I don't want to drag this off topic but why should I given your spiteful posts directed towards myself in the recent past? 
Oh, you get to see my posts when I quote you or tag you BTW as you'll get a notification that I've quoted you or tagged you but you still choose not to answer even when I do that.
Gute Bessurung.

2 minutes ago, punyXpress said:

Who brought me into this ? ? ?

Well a 1 litre engine is obviously worse than a 1.4 litre unless you enjoy ragging the life out of it. Bet it won't pull uphill in 6th from 1100rpm. Guess you couldn't use Pony because someone got there first or it could be a play on words and your sense of humour. No offence intended Mr.Xpress.

4 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@shyVRS245  What were you thinking of visiting a doctor when you had flu like symptoms?

?

What were you told, was it to go home and go to bed and drink plenty and take paracetamol?

George I've been doing that for 3 days with no benefit. Going to work tomorrow to return the favour that someone who should have been tucked up in bed taking pills rather than infecting me. From Sunday last week it was work then home for 4 days so no chance of catching anywhere else because I haven't bought any food or used an ATM since February 21st.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

George I've been doing that for 3 days with no benefit. Going to work tomorrow to return the favour that someone who should have been tucked up in bed taking pills rather than infecting me. From Sunday last week it was work then home for 4 days so no chance of catching anywhere else because I haven't bought any food or used an ATM since February 21st.

If you're well enough to go to work just to spite someone you aint ill. If, and it's a BIIIIIIIG IF you've got COVID-19 then spreading it further is the absolute pinnacle of irresponsibility and selfishness. If (see above) you're that ill you should follow medical advice and stay at home. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well a 1 litre engine is obviously worse than a 1.4 litre unless you enjoy ragging the life out of it. Bet it won't pull uphill in 6th from 1100rpm. Guess you couldn't use Pony because someone got there first or it could be a play on words and your sense of humour. No offence intended Mr.Xpress.

Willy-waving is for children.

• Thanks 1

I reckon I have had flu twice in my life and it was truly horrible. Someone once described it to me as " if you see a twenty pound note blowing around in your garden and you go out to pick it up you have a cold, if you let it blow away it's flu" 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

A hand shake ban starts tonight in Scotland at football matches.

I suppose any arm wrestling events are going to be called off and a games of slappy are now going to be classed as an extreme sport.

They could copy the latest craze from Wuhan which is a double ankle/boot tap. Sure that video will go viral soon.